CM2F (mail 2 forum) Port for SMF

Started by digitalgraal, July 04, 2005, 03:06:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixee

I am sorry that I can only offer encouragement.  I'm too ignorant of the coding to help as a beta tester, and I can barely get my SMF running properly without any crashes or bugs.

That said, I think that your developement project is a great idea.  I am simply at a loss to understand why SMF (and most other forum programs) can't provide an option for a daily digest, or some other bridge to email...

EE

digitalgraal

Hi,

thank you very much for the support, this almost as important as to actually programming.
If you need help with your forum just tell me. I am getting quite used to install and configure SMF.

Regards,
D.
CM4F Groups
Community Messaging 4 Forums
Bridging Worlds Mail-Forum-CMS
http://www.digitalgraal.net

TechnoDragon

I would be very interested in beta testing this for you, however, this is entirely dependant on the answer to onew question:

Does this package require cronjob?  If it does then I can't as my current host does not have them available for me unless you know of a good web based one to use in its place.
Don't tell me to get into shape...I have a shape...It is round!

digitalgraal

Hello,

the answer is no. CM4F has a builting virtual cron manager, which allow the system to emulate the cron functionality with the auto refresh feature of webservers.

Regards,
D.
CM4F Groups

euripides

hi.
I have a very active mailing list.
I also have a not so active forum for it.
will the users be able to post from the mailing list (using mailman) directly to the forum?

If yes, I can do some beta testing for you.
I need to know where I can download your software from and it would help if there are installation requirements.

Thanks.

TechnoDragon

well, then sign me up as a beta tester...

digitalgraal

Hello Euripides,

yes, with CM4f your users are able to get the messages directly replicated in the forum, and receive back in the mailinglist any answer made in the forum to their original message. This way the mailinglist and the forum are correctly synced.

To participate in the beta, just send me an email to digitalgraal(at)gmail.com and i will send the package.

Please take in account that this is a beta software which means that there are still a lot of problems to fix and there is hardwork to have it working.

Regards,
D.
CM4F Groups

euripides

Hi.
I emailed you, not sure if you received the email, as I didnt hear back from you.

Thanks.

coolparth

Hello ,
I was following this project very keenly fo some time & later loast track. Whats the status as of now.
I really like this idea & would be a boon to forum users.

Parth

digitalgraal

Hello,

the status is the following, I have the script in Beta mode for a couple of months now, i have been receiving a couple of requests for beta testers, but unfortunetly until now the results have been 0.

None of the beta testers has been providing me with any feedback wich is causing the software to be stalling expecting for some one to actually would be able to help me testing it and being sure that it is correctly working.

Until that, i will try to move it myself as I am going, but it is very difficult to do all with the limited resources and people helping me.

Sorry about the rather pessimistic feedback but it is the truth...

Regards,

D.
CM4F Groups

coolparth

Hey sorry about the beta testing not working properly..

I had applied as a beta tester but had issues installing it at that time..

I can help out just send me tha package with instructions at [email protected] .

Also tell me is it safe to use on a live site with 1000 + users? or should i use it on a test site?

Parth

digitalgraal

Hello Coolparth,

as a beta  package it always have its dangers to use on a production environment, but i think that most of the problems are more related with the installation rather than having it running.
I would definitivly use it first on a test environment.

Regards,
D.
CM4F Groups

coolparth

Ok fine.

Send me the files at [email protected] i'll give it a shot & give you feedback ASAP.

Parth

mhzimmer

Has anything progress been made recently on this?

TechnoDragon

i don't know...i just received the beta test files, but it requires a LOT of manual editing atm to integrate into smf...

burro

Quote from: digitalgraal on July 04, 2005, 03:06:43 AM
I have started to port my application CM2F, which allows to create a bridge  between mail based communications (like yahoo groups or Mailinglists) and forums, to SMF.

If you have a mailing list for this project, please put me on it.

Thank you!

~Louie.

Mastiff

How are things going?  Still not getting good beta-test help?  I have a forum I could test with if installing the package isn't too painful.  I'm probably not up to speed enough to do a bunch of manual editing.
"If you're an ugly chick, you're basically the same as a dude... I mean, you're gonna have to work."

aj510

i'd be very interested in beta testing if this mod hasn't been finalised as yet?
Modified Car Forums [nofollow]

geeksrik

so digitalgraal, where is the mod? is it released yet or not? also your site ending with .org, does not ping. wonder whats happened. on your other site ending .net, i m unable to find a mod about this.

geek

Liquid_Squelch

digitalgraal,
I just visited with your site, and I can't seem to find any updated info on this project.

I noticed you've been working hard on it from 2005-2006, and it seems to be quiet in 2007.
I'm hoping that your still working on this, as I would like to add this feature to my personal SMF site

Thanks!.. please keep us updated.

Advertisement: