News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

VigLink

Started by lurkalot, December 12, 2010, 06:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurkalot

Link to Mod

Transparent advertising and totally non invasive to the users experience!

What is VigLink?

VigLink is a Google backed company.

VigLink enables you to get paid for doing what you normally do on forum. Whenever you link to a product, website, or promotion, VigLink automatically turns that link into an affiliate link so that you receive a commission for any purchases made. It does this silently and perfectly. Your users will probably not even notice that you are monetising via VigLink... unless you want to tell them.

You can even override affiliate links that your sneaky users have placed in your forum!

Find out more about VigLink here

To use, please enter your VIGLINK key in 'Features and Options > General' within your admin panel.

1.0.1 Changelog
Fixed broken path to viglink.js
Added compatibility for 2.0.15

Goad

how about support for 1.1.1x?  >:(

Tony Reid

I'm working on another mod like this - but a little more in depth, after I have done that I'll upsize this to include 1.1.1.x.

Tony Reid

prs

VigLink mod is not Compatible With SMF 2.0 RC5, when do you make it Compatible With SMF 2.0 RC5? Try to do as early as possible.

NanoSector

Quote from: prs on April 16, 2011, 09:25:08 AM
VigLink mod is not Compatible With SMF 2.0 RC5, when do you make it Compatible With SMF 2.0 RC5? Try to do as early as possible.
Can you be more specific?
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

prs

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on April 16, 2011, 09:29:52 AM

specific?

Viglink mode is not working with 2.0 RC5 forum. I asked that when do you update this mod for 2.0 RC5.

NanoSector

Quote from: prs on April 16, 2011, 10:04:11 AM
Quote from: Yoshi2889 on April 16, 2011, 09:29:52 AM

specific?

Viglink mode is not working with 2.0 RC5 forum. I asked that when do you update this mod for 2.0 RC5.
I mean, what does not work? Installing? Using?
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

prs

QuoteI mean, what does not work? Installing? Using?

When i was Installing Viglink in SMF 2.0 RC5, below error appeared:

The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

NanoSector

Quote from: prs on April 16, 2011, 11:41:02 AM

QuoteI mean, what does not work? Installing? Using?

When i was Installing Viglink in SMF 2.0 RC5, below error appeared:

The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.
On the bottom of the Installed Packages page, you'll see a link that's called "Advanced". Click it.
Then, fill in 2.0 RC4.
Then, install the package.

Good luck :)

prs

QuoteOn the bottom of the Installed Packages page, you'll see a link that's called "Advanced". Click it.
Then, fill in 2.0 RC4.

I installed viglink and entered API key. When i check this installation at viglink site, following message appeared, why?

VigLink was not detected, but this might help:
Using an ad blocker? Disable it and try again.
Make sure the code is installed on that page. (We only check this page, not other pages on the same site.)
Check that the "key" value exactly matches the one above.
Still having trouble? Ask us for help!

I think that this may be the problem ---> Using an ad blocker? Disable it and try again.

What is the solution?

NanoSector

Quote from: prs on April 16, 2011, 01:46:57 PM

QuoteOn the bottom of the Installed Packages page, you'll see a link that's called "Advanced". Click it.
Then, fill in 2.0 RC4.

I installed viglink and entered API key. When i check this installation at viglink site, following message appeared, why?

VigLink was not detected, but this might help:
Using an ad blocker? Disable it and try again.
Make sure the code is installed on that page. (We only check this page, not other pages on the same site.)
Check that the "key" value exactly matches the one above.
Still having trouble? Ask us for help!

I think that this may be the problem ---> Using an ad blocker? Disable it and try again.

What is the solution?
In your browser, temporarily disabling the Ad Blocker in the Options menu (Usually under Edit > Options) may help.

If you have FireFox and AdBlocker+, disable the extension (no not remove!) for a while.

Enable it again after you are done.

prs

QuoteIn your browser, temporarily disabling the Ad Blocker in the Options menu (Usually under Edit > Options) may help.

If you have FireFox and AdBlocker+, disable the extension (no not remove!) for a while.

Ad blocker may not be the reason because i did not install this ad blocker extension in google chrome. What is the solution?

NanoSector

Quote from: prs on April 16, 2011, 02:36:28 PM

QuoteIn your browser, temporarily disabling the Ad Blocker in the Options menu (Usually under Edit > Options) may help.

Ad blocker may not be the reason because i did not install this ad blocker extension in google chrome. What is the solution?
Try doing it in IE, disable the ad blocker when the information bar comes up.

prs

Yesterday, it was not detected in 2 browsers. Today, it was detected in google chrome, not detected in ie latest version. I have not made any changes to my browsers but some times it is detecting and sometimes it is not detecting, why?

I am checking overall installation not that it is working on my browser or not but it is considering my browser, why?

What are the solutions to these problems?

Tony Reid

Whats your website address where you have installed this?

*edit - updated for 2.0 RC5
Tony Reid

prs

Quote from: Tony Reid on April 17, 2011, 03:45:54 AM

As per Yoshi2889's directions, i installed it on my forum http://forum.totaltopic.com/ [nofollow] . I tried to uninstall this to install your updated 2.0 RC5 version but there is no uninstall facility, below message appeared when i try to uninstall 2.0 RC4. I installed it in SMF 2.0 RC5 .

This package cannot be uninstalled, because there is no uninstaller!

Please contact the mod author for more information.

How to uninstall 2.0 RC4? What are the solutions to my problems?

Xarcell

I'm glad to see this mod for SMF. Thank you...

Tony Reid

Quote from: prs on April 17, 2011, 06:48:08 AM
Quote from: Tony Reid on April 17, 2011, 03:45:54 AM

As per Yoshi2889's directions, i installed it on my forum http://forum.totaltopic.com/ . I tried to uninstall this to install your updated 2.0 RC5 version but there is no uninstall facility, below message appeared when i try to uninstall 2.0 RC4. I installed it in SMF 2.0 RC5 .

This package cannot be uninstalled, because there is no uninstaller!

Please contact the mod author for more information.

How to uninstall 2.0 RC4? What are the solutions to my problems?

The mod is identical - its just the installer/uninstaller that allows for RC5 - so there is no real need to uninstall it and install RC5.... if you have it working that is :)

Quote from: Xarcell on April 17, 2011, 02:06:12 PM
I'm glad to see this mod for SMF. Thank you...

Your welcome.

Tony Reid

Xarcell

I downloaded and tried to install. I received this error:
QuotePackage upload failed due to the following error:
"Although the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty. Please check the Packages directory, and the "temp" sub-directory are both writable. If you continue to experience this problem you should try extracting the package on your PC and uploading the extracted files into a subdirectory in your Packages directory and try again. For example, if the package was called shout.tar.gz you should:
1) Download the package to your local PC and extract it into files.
2) Using an FTP client create a new directory in your "Packages" folder, in this example you may call it "shout".
3) Upload all the files from the extracted package to this directory.
4) Go back to the package manager browse page and the package will be automatically found by SMF."

smartmouse

The same here. How to fix it?

Advertisement: