News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Forum Firewall

Started by butchs, January 15, 2011, 11:00:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiY4Gi

Don't you NEED to download images and stuff from the theme's directory to browse? I mean, how else would smiley's appear in your browser? Or could there be something wrong with my /Themes/Ambassador_20/images/theme/frame_repeat.png file that keeps making the firewall trigger? 

Also, why is /robots.txt in the injection list? Doesn't this prevent search engine crawlers from reading the robots.txt file?
Check out my new website, MyAnimeClub.net. I plan to create the largest anime community, and most fun and user-friendly anime forum in the world. It's still in the development stage though.

MiY4Gi

Strange. There is no frame_repeat.png file at that location. However, the file is referenced in a css file. The firewall probably treated the attempt to download the file as an attempt to create it instead. For now, I created a new empty file named frame_repeat.png and placed it in /Themes/Ambassador_20/images/theme/. Hopefully that will fix that particular problem.

Now I should contact the theme creator to find out why that file was missing.

Will the firewall block all downloads of missing files that are referenced in css or php files?
Check out my new website, MyAnimeClub.net. I plan to create the largest anime community, and most fun and user-friendly anime forum in the world. It's still in the development stage though.

butchs

Quote from: MiY4Gi on August 08, 2011, 12:45:17 AM
Don't you NEED to download images and stuff from the theme's directory to browse? I mean, how else would smiley's appear in your browser? Or could there be something wrong with my /Themes/Ambassador_20/images/theme/frame_repeat.png file that keeps making the firewall trigger? 

Also, why is /robots.txt in the injection list? Doesn't this prevent search engine crawlers from reading the robots.txt file?

No.  Someone tried to add a trojan file that was not there.  FF blocked it.
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

butchs

Quote from: MiY4Gi on August 08, 2011, 03:25:07 AM
Will the firewall block all downloads of missing files that are referenced in css or php files?

No
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

Valitkonis

Hello, i have problem with Forum firewall on version 2.0.
I downloaded it from there: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2815
and when i installing this mod i have much errors, someone can explain how correct install this mod?

MiY4Gi

Quote from: Valitkonis on August 08, 2011, 09:33:01 AM
Hello, i have problem with Forum firewall on version 2.0.
I downloaded it from there: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2815
and when i installing this mod i have much errors, someone can explain how correct install this mod?

What mods do you have installed?

How many errors are you talking about?

For a few errors you'll just have to make manual edits to the files that "contain" errors. If there are too many errors, then it might be easier to see what's causing those errors (most likely one or a few mods with sloppy coding), then remove the culprit.

Valitkonis

When i trying install mod i see this errors:

There was a problem with the package we will develop at least one error in the continuing modifications during the installation. Highly recommended not to continue the installation unless you know what you're doing and you make a very recent backup. This error could occur because of your deployable package, and installed the package already existing conflict, problem with the package, the package requires another package installed, which you do not already have; package created by another version of SMF.

1.    Extract File    ./Sources/ForumFirewall.php    
   2.    Extract File    ./Sources/Subs-ForumFirewall.php    
   3.    Extract File    ./Sources/Subs-ForumFirewallScan.php    
   4.    Extract File    ./Sources/ForumFirewall-Admin.php    
   5.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/ForumFirewall_Admin.template.php    
   6.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/ForumFirewall.english.php    
   7.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/ForumFirewall.english-utf8.php    
   8.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/ForumFirewall.spanish_es.php    
   9.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/ForumFirewall.spanish_es-utf8.php    
   10.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/ForumFirewall.spanish_latin.php    
   11.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/ForumFirewall.portuguese_brazilian.php    
   12.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/ForumFirewall.portuguese_brazilian-utf8.php    
   13.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/ForumFirewall.portuguese_pt.php    
   14.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/ForumFirewall.portuguese_pt-utf8.php    
   15.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/ff_firewall.english.php    
   16.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/ff_firewall.english-utf8.php    
   17.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/ff_firewall.spanish_es.php    
   18.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/ff_firewall.spanish_es-utf8.php    
   19.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/ff_firewall.spanish_latin.php    
   20.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/ff_firewall.portuguese_brazilian.php    
   21.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/ff_firewall.portuguese_brazilian-utf8.php    
   22.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/ff_firewall.portuguese_pt.php    
   23.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/ff_firewall.portuguese_pt-utf8.php    
   24.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/css//forumfirewall.css    
   25.    Extract File    ./ff_firewall.php    
   26.    Extract Tree    ./ffcache    
   27.    Execute Modification    ForumFirewall.xml    Modifications to the grammatical error
   28.    Execute Modification    ForumFirewall.xml    Modifications to the grammatical error
   29.    Execute Modification    modification_language.xml    Modifications to the grammatical error
   30.    Execute Modification    modification_language.xml    Modifications to the grammatical error
   31.    Execute Modification    modification_language_2x.xml    Modifications to the grammatical error
   32.    Execute Modification    modification_language_2x.xml    Modifications to the grammatical error

how i can fix it, and make success mod?

MiY4Gi

Which of the above steps give the errors? Are you talking about "Modifications to the grammatical error" in steps 27-32.

Valitkonis

When i trying to click on Finish Installation in screen i see fatal error:

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/name/domains/fgf.lt/public_html/Packages/temp/./install_db.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/valitkoni6/domains/lgyvenimas.lt/public_html/Sources/Packages.php on line 951

butchs

Assuming you have the latest version of the mod and are using SMF gold I looked up the code in package.php:

require($boarddir . '/Packages/temp/' . $context['base_path'] . $action['filename']);

The error your getting is not the fault of this mod.  It is because your server setup is a foul.  Either your packages directory isn't writeable by the server or, a temp folder wasn't created, or the package wasn't extracted properly.  You can manually extract install_db.php to your root SMF folder and manually navigate to it in your browser and that will add the necessary settings.

PS:  Thank  MiY4Gi for getting is close to a solution.   Thanks SlammedDime for the detailed explanation...

MiY4Gi

Or he didn't download the package properly (i.e. corrupted archive).  ;)

No, problem. Before one can find a solution to a problem, he must first obtain as much information about the problem as possible. That is the engineering way.  :D

esttecb

I just installed this mod on my SMF 2.0, I clicked on the "http://www.eastcoastrollingthunder.com/" link at my forum bottom, this is what I got:

You typed: http://www.eastcoastrollingthunder.com / and have a 403 error.
Bad bad boy! You know this page if forbidden so go home!

Click here to come back to where you belong!

For more information, please contact: admin~n0spam[at]n0spam~eastcoastrollingthunder~[d0t]~com

I'm guessing it has something to do with the referrer protection (I'm assuming you have this mod installed on your forum), so I would like to know if people will get the same message if they try to enter (to my forum) from sites (forums, blogs, etc) linking to my forum.

butchs

Naw, that is not from the mod.  Looks like my htaccess file.  I block many counties but the USA and whatever crawlprotect does...
???

MiY4Gi

Yeah, I'm also blocked from your site, but it doesn't really bother me.

Say butchs, have you ever considered using a htaccess whitelist instead of a blacklist? I've read a bit about it and only heard good things about it. It's more restrictive than a blacklist though, but it keeps your htaccess file a lot smaller.

butchs

I guess I am rude.  ;) Will need to read into it...

Valitkonis

Quote from: butchs on August 08, 2011, 06:00:27 PM
Assuming you have the latest version of the mod and are using SMF gold I looked up the code in package.php:

require($boarddir . '/Packages/temp/' . $context['base_path'] . $action['filename']);

The error your getting is not the fault of this mod.  It is because your server setup is a foul.  Either your packages directory isn't writeable by the server or, a temp folder wasn't created, or the package wasn't extracted properly.  You can manually extract install_db.php to your root SMF folder and manually navigate to it in your browser and that will add the necessary settings.

PS:  Thank  MiY4Gi for getting is close to a solution.   Thanks SlammedDime for the detailed explanation...

I dont understand, how i can do it manually? what folder open, what write? can you complete say it

Alex' Manson

if you don't know how to put the install_db.php file (in the package) into your FTP, then.. go do something more easier and learn first.

But, meh i will explain -.-'
Open your FTP, (again if you don't know what's this, move on.. and do something easier in your life) Go to your "Public_html" folder, now, go back to your PC, open the package you downloaded, you will see a file called install_db.php, put it in the ftp and let it upload, now access it by entering Yoursite.com/install_db.php
make sure the files are set with the right permissions, and if you don't know what permissions mean, read the text between the () in the beginning of the post.
Tata.

MiY4Gi

@ Valitkonis Who's hosting your website?

MiY4Gi

Quote from: butchs on August 05, 2011, 08:08:27 PM
It is there already it is called the dos attack.  Set the trigger and cache to above 20 and it will take cars of them.  Whatever you do, do not go too low.
;)

What's better for stopping bots? Should my cache duration be higher or lower? Should my trigger be higher or lower? What are the upper and lower limits of the cache duration and trigger?

Can't I set my cache duration to 5min? Or is that a bad idea? Some of my bot spoofers only get blocked once every 2-5 mins, but never get banned since they never reach the trigger. Or does Robot.txt Validation ban spoofers instantly?

Valitkonis

Quote from: Sisko Punk on August 09, 2011, 06:53:48 AM
if you don't know how to put the install_db.php file (in the package) into your FTP, then.. go do something more easier and learn first.

But, meh i will explain -.-'
Open your FTP, (again if you don't know what's this, move on.. and do something easier in your life) Go to your "Public_html" folder, now, go back to your PC, open the package you downloaded, you will see a file called install_db.php, put it in the ftp and let it upload, now access it by entering Yoursite.com/install_db.php [nofollow]
make sure the files are set with the right permissions, and if you don't know what permissions mean, read the text between the () in the beginning of the post.
Tata.

I do all what u say, and i stopped on: "Now access it by entering yoursite.com/install_db.php [nofollow] make sure the files are set with the right permissions, and if you dont know what permission mean read the text between the () in the beginning of the post."

when i writing : yoursite.com/install_db.php [nofollow] i see this:
Data Base error
Table 'smf_log_forumfirewall' already exists
File: /home/name/domains/lgyvenimas.lt/public_html/install_db.php
Line: 223
Back

Advertisement: