News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Forum Firewall

Started by butchs, January 15, 2011, 11:00:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keith021773

That bugs me though that they are acting like google bots.

butchs

I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

Maxtor

a solution to this?

http://i42.tinypic.com/jtxj0l.png

http flood in forum. different ips, same request. can we block this?

butchs

I am not good at guessing.  I need more info...  Have you tried the mod?
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

league

i got a issue. when i added a new theme to 2.0.1 and reinstalled forum firewall, it now has coding on top of header area. any idea what went wrong?
tgis the coding:
/ ForumFirewall Start $txt['permissionname_forumfirewall_goodgroup'] = 'Forum Firewall Whitelist Group'; $txt['permissionhelp_forumfirewall_goodgroup'] = 'This option will make a member group exempt from the Forum Firewall bandwidth check. This group will not to be tested for Forum Firewall DOS attempts.'; // ForumFirewall End

butchs

Those files do not correlate to what I use.  Must be a type in the manual install in the new theme.

league

that is what i thought if i remove that new theme do you think that will clear that?

Kindred

it's not a theme problem....   what happened is that you or the system added the language strings after the closing ?> in the language file
(probably modifications.english.php)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

league

Tried that, didnt help. hmmm  well played around and found it. the mod more spiders did that. so i removed it and all is fine. thank you for listening to me ramble on..lol :) have a great xmas everyone

poojim

May I know if it is possible that it prevent me from logging in to my own site when set wrong? I can't log in to my site right now and the only thing I know of is that I changed some of the setting of forum firewall. What's more strange is that I cant also log in with my other non-SMF sites which I think cannot be the causes since I never made any changes on them and I don't even logged in when the problem happened. Hope somebody can help. Thank you!

butchs

poojim

Quote from: butchs on December 24, 2011, 08:10:18 AM
Here is a link:
Un-banning yourself

I was able to log in to all the sites lately. I checked out the settings and it's at zero already. Thank you!

butchs

That means the mod is not banning anyone.  Test it by doing the following:

Uncheck:  "Block Violations"
Then check:  "Logging" and "HelpEnable Testing ".

Then watch the visitor log and make adjustments.

poojim

Quote from: butchs on December 25, 2011, 10:44:12 AM
That means the mod is not banning anyone.  Test it by doing the following:

Uncheck:  "Block Violations"
Then check:  "Logging" and "HelpEnable Testing ".

Then watch the visitor log and make adjustments.

thanks butchs

shubha

Hello ,

As you are able to see "hack themes","hack repeated".
Whats going on.................I win or loose.....

Storman™

butchs will probably explain in detail what you are seeing but I can tell you that the 66.249.64.0/19 IP range is owned by Google so it looks like you are stopping Googlebot on those last three entries.  ;)

shubha

Wait. I am not try to stop Google bot or whatever .It is done by this mod. And you are able too see tbe "hack themes" or "hack repeated".What is that.

butchs

Quote from: shubha on January 05, 2012, 07:49:47 AM
Hello ,

Remove Themes/|from your injection list.  Your forum name should not be in the list.  You are blocking innocents.

Hack repeated is just the cache.

Then set up your robots text (search: DDOS HELP) in this thread to find detailed instructions on how to prevent google bot spoofing.

shubha

Quote from: butchs on January 05, 2012, 06:48:57 PM
Quote from: shubha on January 05, 2012, 07:49:47 AM
Hello ,

Remove Themes/|from your injection list.  Your forum name should not be in the list.  You are blocking innocents.

Hack repeated is just the cache.

Then set up your robots text (search: DDOS HELP) in this thread to find detailed instructions on how to prevent google bot spoofing.

Thanks. Today i get

I have block these ip-address.
Everyday i am unable to open the site. Is there any particular solution. And i did not found DDOS HELP in search.
Thanks for help.

butchs

If you select the search above and keep it as search this topic and type DDOS Help you will get this link.

The blocks you show are good blocks 46.17.97.76 is trying to use a script to register to post spam on your site passwords and the other one is trying to hide its address.

Advertisement: