News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Optimus

Started by Bugo, February 15, 2011, 03:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davo88

@Bugo... this is very nice software. I am new to Optimus and have been using another sitemap mod on 2.0.19. But this week I am converting to SMF 2.1.4, TP 3.0 and Optimus 3.0b. I have found having a sitemap significantly improved the Google crawler results, so am looking forward to learning about and using Optimus' features.

'Enable logging of search terms' is very useful  for understanding users' needs. I am not a coder, but this part looks as though it is designed to limit the display of terms searched to those having > 10 hits under  'Popular search queries'.

$i = 0;[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] $rows = '';[/font]
 foreach (Utils::$context['search_terms'] as $data) {
 if ($data['hit'] > 10) {
 $i++;
 $rows .= '["' . $data['text'] . '",' . $data['hit'] . '],';
 }
 }

What I see listed under 'Popular search queries', is every search term irrespective of the hit count. Is this the intended behaviour?

Bugo

So, basically, it just decides which queries are going to be in the round chart. The normal (bar) chart only shows the top 30 most popular queries, but the round chart shows the ones that were searched for more than 10 times.

clubkadettspain

Hi, first thanks for this great mod!.
I have 2 smf forums on my server and one shows sitemap.xml correctly but the other one show white screen (with nothing) on the browser, but if i opened from my server i can see data inside, what is wrong?

Regards.

Bugo

I am very sorry to hear that you are facing a similar problem. Try searching by the combination "blank page" within this topic. If I knew for sure which version of SMF and Optimus you were using, it would be easier for me to determine the source of the problem. The general recommendations are as follows: if you are using Optimus 2.x, try to upgrade to 3.0. If the problem persists, check the permissions to create files inside your forum's root directory on the server.

clubkadettspain

Quote from: Bugo on June 22, 2024, 10:39:55 AMI am very sorry to hear that you are facing a similar problem. Try searching by the combination "blank page" within this topic. If I knew for sure which version of SMF and Optimus you were using, it would be easier for me to determine the source of the problem. The general recommendations are as follows: if you are using Optimus 2.x, try to upgrade to 3.0. If the problem persists, check the permissions to create files inside your forum's root directory on the server.

Hi @Bugo i have smf 2.1.4 and Optimus 3.0 Beta, my main folder /var/www/xxxxx/ is 0777 and i can see inside sitemap.xml. If i open my forum /sitemap.xml it show empty on browsers but if i open the file on the server inside i can see content... the other smf site has the same versions, permissions etc and i can see it without problem on my browser the sitemap.xml file and content. thanks, regards.

Bugo

What about /Themes/default/css/optimus/sitemap.xsl - does it exist?

Advertisement: