News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF 2.0 Update Part Last

Started by [SiNaN], May 05, 2011, 07:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illori

the TON is more bugs to squash, as well as a few other things, but it will be released sometime this month, just need to give it time.

kingkingston

Quote from: Bigguy on May 05, 2011, 07:54:42 PM
This is all great news. SMF is FINALLY moving on. Hold on everyone....this is gonna be good. ;)
will it be much different than what we have now, will anything look different ?

IchBin™

No new features are added. Only bugs are fixed if something is wrong. If we introduced changes at this point that would be insane.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

kingkingston

Quote from: IchBin™ on May 11, 2011, 01:29:16 PM
No new features are added. Only bugs are fixed if something is wrong. If we introduced changes at this point that would be insane.
Could introduce a bar, an smf pub

IchBin™

As long as they server Cherry Pepsi I'm there. :D
IchBin™        TinyPortal

HecKel

Quote from: JBlaze on May 10, 2011, 08:15:52 PM
Why not just go for 7.0?

Then we can have time travel ;)

Damn, I don't have access to the Charters' boards anymore :P But I still have it on my signature :D
Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on August 23, 2008, 04:10:10 PM
SMF 7 is where it gets good. That has time travel. You can go back and post before the guy who flamed you. :P

enik

Good work thanks dev´s  ;)

Bye enik...

agent47

I'm just curious to know if v2.0 will be released earlier to mod authors so that as soon as it's released modifications will be ready to run on 2.0 ?

PortaMx is probably the best SMF portal!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: agent47 on May 18, 2011, 07:59:25 AM
I'm just curious to know if v2.0 will be released earlier to mod authors so that as soon as it's released modifications will be ready to run on 2.0 ?
No. Not to mod authors specifically at least. It might be released early for Charter members, but that's it I think.
But for mod authors, RC5 should be a very good base to work on...
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

The Domain Shop

Excellent news guys 8)

*Trax is so excited :P

InstilledBee

Kung Pinoy ka, at nababasa mo 'to, kabayan kita! ;)

Links:

GravuTrad

On a toujours besoin d'un plus petit que soi! (Petit!Petit!)

Think about Search function before posting.
Pensez à la fonction Recherche avant de poster.

agent47

Quote from: InstilledBee on May 18, 2011, 10:14:09 AM
The suspense is killing me. ::)
But why? new features won't be introduced in v2.0 ? o.O

PortaMx is probably the best SMF portal!

InstilledBee

Quote from: agent47 on May 19, 2011, 05:21:30 AM
But why? new features won't be introduced in v2.0 ? o.O

Well for someone who hasn't tried the RC or Betas of 2.0, this is definitely something new. :)

Links:

Illori

this forum right here is running 2.0 RC5 so you have used it.

InstilledBee

Quote from: Illori on May 19, 2011, 06:25:55 AM
this forum right here is running 2.0 RC5 so you have used it.

Haha. Point taken. ;D But it's still different if you RUN it on your own website. :)

Links:

searchgr

So why don't you release a patch (from rc4 - rc5 forums) instead of reinstalling the entire forum?

Illori

there has never been a package manager upgrade for RC to final release, and I dont see the team ever changing this due to the amount of changes.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: searchgr on May 19, 2011, 09:00:37 AM

So why don't you release a patch (from rc4 - rc5 forums) instead of reinstalling the entire forum?
No new features doesn't mean there wasn't code changes, even lots of them.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: