News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Disable 'last edit by....' for Administrators

Started by Doburpally, May 09, 2011, 07:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doburpally

Quote from: Markco on July 26, 2011, 12:00:02 PM
Quote from: Reaper.CSF. on July 25, 2011, 06:42:42 PM
Personally, I do not see the reason why I should add this feature.
Because the administrators need by moment to appear the " last edit " line without uninstalling your mod.

++

I have managed to add an enable / disable feature in v1.3, how ever I'm working on implementing it in to the attachments and other options area (where you find lock topic and sticky topic etc).

However the current location so far is in Admin » Configuration » Modification Settings » Miscellaneous
Check the box to enable
Uncheck the box to disable

If this is better, please let me know so I can finalize the package to include 1.1.xx series and then I'll upload the new package ;)

Please see attachments ;)

coldy316

Quote from: Tomy Tran on June 29, 2011, 06:45:55 PM
I dont know why but I have install this mod and work fine with 2.0 RC5, but not work with 2.0 Final (both local or live host)

I'm using this mod and it works wickedly in mt site using 2.0 gold
Would you believe it that i live in gods country
Australia

Doburpally

Quote from: Reaper.CSF. on July 27, 2011, 01:32:35 AM
I have managed to add an enable / disable feature in v1.3, how ever I'm working on implementing it in to the attachments and other options area (where you find lock topic and sticky topic etc).

I have found a way to add it in the area, the problem is that the mod needs to be disabled before you post.
the enable / disable options will not work.

The current area is the best solution, unless of course someone corrects me.

Doburpally

Added updated files for 1.3a (2.0 and 2.0 RCx) and 1.3b (1.1.xx)

rölyef

Doburpally

Quote from: rölyef on July 30, 2011, 07:43:03 PM
Hi, Quick Reply not work.

Which forum version are you using?

I can ensure you that the quick reply should work because the quick reply is not effected in my test sites ???

andershz

Seems to work just fine on my forum (2.0 final) ,but the admin settings are rather confusing.

There is one tick box:
Enable or Disable "« Last Edit: by »" for Administrators

So does ticking the box mean enable or disable?

Actually, it means disable, which is a bit unusual. (Or perhaps it means enable the disabling?).

I think it would be much clearer if it just said:
Disable "« Last Edit: by »" for Administrators

Sheda

Hm... i had just thought that it would be awesome if you could choose for which posts you'd like to have an edit and for which ones not. So if i use this checkbox and activate/deactivate it, will that be for ALL posts, or just those that i edit in the future?

Doburpally

Quote from: andershz on August 01, 2011, 07:04:18 AM
Seems to work just fine on my forum (2.0 final) ,but the admin settings are rather confusing.

There is one tick box:
Enable or Disable "« Last Edit: by »" for Administrators

So does ticking the box mean enable or disable?

Actually, it means disable, which is a bit unusual. (Or perhaps it means enable the disabling?).

I think it would be much clearer if it just said:
Disable "« Last Edit: by »" for Administrators

I originally had Enable or Disable "« Last Edit: by »" for Administrators Mod

I still gotta get the enable / disable to work in 1.1.xx, so I will change the line to read:
Enable or Disable "« Last Edit: by »" for Administrators Mod
Box checked = Mod enabled.
Box un-checked = Mod disabled.

This mod only hides the « Last Edit: by » for the MemberGroup: Administrators (MemberGroup ID: 1)

So, now, If you install the mod the mod is enabled by default.
Meaning, the « Last Edit: by » is not shown to Administrators that are in the MemberGroup ID: 1.
However, if you un-tick the box, the mod is disabled, meaning, the « Last Edit: by » is shown to everyone (SMF Standard).

Quote from: Sheda on August 01, 2011, 03:58:48 PM
Hm... i had just thought that it would be awesome if you could choose for which posts you'd like to have an edit and for which ones not. So if i use this checkbox and activate/deactivate it, will that be for ALL posts, or just those that i edit in the future?

If the mod is enabled (Ticked) it will remove the « Last Edit: by » on ALL posts after checking the box and submitting the changes.
If the mod is disabled (Un-Ticked) it will show the « Last Edit: by » on ALL posts after un-checking the box and submitting the changes.

Getting the mod to choose the posts and or topics to enable or disable the « Last Edit: by » is pretty much impossible, you will need the post id and or topic id, this will obviously be different from forum to forum.

Sheda

Okay, i will try to find my own solution then ^^
I'm quite the noob, but if i find something that works for me, i'll let you know.

andershz

Quote from: Reaper.CSF. on August 06, 2011, 02:48:03 AM
I originally had Enable or Disable "« Last Edit: by »" for Administrators Mod

I still gotta get the enable / disable to work in 1.1.xx, so I will change the line to read:
Enable or Disable "« Last Edit: by »" for Administrators Mod
Box checked = Mod enabled.
Box un-checked = Mod disabled.

That makes it a bit clearer, but still, isn't it unnecessarily complicated?
After all, the primary information is whether  "« Last Edit: by »" for Administrators is displayed or not.
If this is achieved through a mod or not is secondary.
No big deal, I have changed it in my language file, so I'm happy...

Eclipse16V

I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

^SITS^

Xavi-Nena

Was able to only get the 1.3a version to work with my 2.0 gold install and works good on all text edits but does not work on attachment edits. Just curious if that is something I did wrong in install. THanks.

Doburpally

Quote from: Xavi-Nena on September 09, 2011, 08:52:20 PM
Was able to only get the 1.3a version to work with my 2.0 gold install and works good on all text edits but does not work on attachment edits. Just curious if that is something I did wrong in install. THanks.

Hi, sorry for late reply, been busy

I have tried to create your problem in my test boards with no luck.
It all works for text edit / attachment edit.
Pretty much if you edit the post / topic you shouldn't see "« Last Edit: 06 August 2011, 04:49:04 PM by Reaper.CSF. »"

If you are a member of the original Administrators group (Member Group ID 1) you will not see « Last Edit: 06 August 2011, 04:49:04 PM by Reaper.CSF. » in topics / reply's that you edit.
If you are in other member groups other than Administrators, then you will see « Last Edit: 06 August 2011, 04:49:04 PM by Reaper.CSF. » in every topic / reply.

bruce86

Branko.

Sorry, bruce86  I think you should change this line  <file name="$themedir/languages/Modifications.italian.php"> to <file name="$themedir/languages/Modifications.italian.php" error="skip"> If the package is not installed,in this case test mod, I think, shows an error.What do you think about it?
Strong people don't put others down, they lift them up.
A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.

bruce86

Just, I had not thought.
Don't miss the version UTF8?
Correct try..:)

Doburpally

Thanks bruce86, your edit has been added to the install

Thanks Branko. you are correct, for non Italian it will cause errors ;)

other language edits are also welcome 8)

Thanks everyone :)

Advertisement: