News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

2.0 Final has been released

Started by Norv, June 11, 2011, 07:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Costin

I'm currently running 1.1.14. If upgrading to 2.0 would it break my theme and plugins? I installed once, by mistake, a theme made for the 2.0 version on my 1.1.11 version and that had a result a complete reinstall...

Thank you
hxxp:june-js.com/Default.aspx [nonactive]
hxxp:june-js.com/forum/index.php [nonactive]

Burridge

Quote from: Costin on June 14, 2011, 01:24:40 PM
I'm currently running 1.1.14. If upgrading to 2.0 would it break my theme and plugins? I installed once, by mistake, a theme made for the 2.0 version on my 1.1.11 version and that had a result a complete reinstall...

Thank you
Yes you'd have to find the mods, and themes you use and make sure they have been made compatible with 2.0.

Costin

Alright, that's all I wanted to know.

Thank you very much!

:)
hxxp:june-js.com/Default.aspx [nonactive]
hxxp:june-js.com/forum/index.php [nonactive]

Red G. Brown

Quote from: Norv on June 11, 2011, 07:43:37 PM
Simple Machines Forum Team is proud to announce the release of the long awaited SMF 2.0 Final version to the public.

This release marks the transition of SMF 2.0 into the current stable release of SMF, as well as the rebirth of the SMF project as open source software, as it was meant from the start.
As of now, SMF is licensed under the BSD License.

How did you pull off the BSD licensing? That's the holy grail, and I was starting to think the power struggle was going to thwart that. This is excellent news, and will ensure that SMF remains the best forum software available.

Norv

Quote from: qwasty on June 14, 2011, 02:33:36 PM
How did you pull off the BSD licensing? That's the holy grail, and I was starting to think the power struggle was going to thwart that. This is excellent news, and will ensure that SMF remains the best forum software available.

* Norv snickers wickedly.
Don't ask. ;) :D

(j/k btw)

I agree. And hello there, qwasty. :)
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

LPCA

-LP

HouseEros

Quote from: Norv on June 14, 2011, 04:22:20 PM
Quote from: qwasty on June 14, 2011, 02:33:36 PM

* Norv snickers wickedly.
Don't ask. ;) :D

(j/k btw)

I agree. And hello there, qwasty. :)

Well if your just kidding...spill the beans.  ;)

Pentaxian

This website still states 'LLC'. Is that still correct?

Masterd

Some languages are not updated. It's fine in default language.

habakuk

Yeeha. I am very happy to hear the 2.0 is now out and I applaud for the BSD license. Thanks much for all your hard work and the excellent forum software you provide!

cheers

Dannii

I just noticed this and thought I should point it out:

The SMF licence is not a standard 3-clause BSD licence, because clause 3 restricts you from not only using the name of Simple Machines to endorse a modified distribution, but also to restrict you from using the name Simple Machines Forum itself (effectively clause 3 is part of the trademark policy.) To be most accurate, SMF has a BSD-like licence, not a BSD licence.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Well - that's a technicality that can be argued, since the actual mother organization is Simple Machines, and the project organization is Simple Machines Forum, it is still the organization in question - Also, only Simple Machines is a registered trademark, Simple Machines Forum is not. http://www.simplemachines.org/about/trademarks.php
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Sea Mac

Congratulations!

I'll upgrade as Soon as httpBL and Stop Spammer MODS are available ....

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Sea Mac on June 15, 2011, 10:29:11 AM
Congratulations!

I'll upgrade as Soon as httpBL and Stop Spammer MODS are available ....

httpBL & Stop Spammer :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

amiralib

tethead

congrats on the release - loving 2.0!!
week4paug.net - a website for all things PHiSH

ARG01

Quote from: ARG on June 12, 2011, 06:20:01 PM
Going by the flood of support requests I think I will wait a bit before upgrading also. I am quite happy with RC 5 so I think i will stick with it for a month or two.
But, congratz to the devs for all of the hard work put into 2.0. I am sure it will be fine in the long run.  ;)

Decided to go ahead and give it a try. Upgraded from RC5 to 2.0 in less than 2 minutes without any issues.
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Cool :) That's how it's supposed to be.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Lolafish

OMFG, I don't check for a few days and lo and behold, it's here!  YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

The devs rock man!!!  :) :) :) :)

AquaPuppies - A Goldfish Community
www.aquapuppies.com

Running SMF 2.0.2 & SimplePortal 2.3.5

Advertisement: