News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

2.0 Final has been released

Started by Norv, June 11, 2011, 07:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dzonny

Quote from: PLAYBOY on June 12, 2011, 01:19:10 PM
How can i update the RC5 to 2.0 from package manager (or any other way which wouldnt affect the installed mods and themes)?
You cant. Please read first post and upgrade instructions for more information.

noaccess

Lady Night Owl

Running SMF 2.0.1

bork

Congratulations and many thanks to all involved in this amazing free forum software.

I hope you all now get to take a well-earned break!

Illori

there is no package manager upgrade for 2.0 and will not until the next security release. therefore there is no way to upgrade and not effect your mods already installed.

NanoSector

Quote from: PLAYBOY on June 12, 2011, 01:19:10 PM
Finally! Late but good.

How can i update the RC5 to 2.0 from package manager (or any other way which wouldnt affect the installed mods and themes)?
Manually? :P
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Eagle-no1

Excellent, thank you very much  ;D
- Meirän kansalaasvelevollisuus on pitää ittestämmä ja omasta erikooslaarustamma huolta. -

Utech22

eldemoledor024

thanks here from Argentina eternally grateful for his great job

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Perspective

OMG.. I'll just check all its features and will wait for 2, 3 more months in order to see what people are saying, if they get problems or not.
If everything is fine I'll update 1.1.14 to 2.0 final.
Congratulations to... everyone who worked on this massive project!

Andreas

Great News !
Thanx to all !

Andreas

c23_Mike

Hi there!

It´s done when it´s done!
Hail to the king baby!
This week is Duke Nukem released, and the second thing we also waited as long for ... SMF 2.0!!
Best week ever!!

Tnx to the coder and all who worked for this great project!
So long, Mike

http://www.c23.at
c23 - DER Computer Club
~ never play alone ~

Kimojuno

I am curious: Why the change from 'gold' to 'final'. :)

Jeff.

Spoogs

Norv

Well, it's not like it's earth shaking (asteroids time is past now), however we don't really name our official topics that way, it slipped in the heat this time, because hey, we need our fun too.  O:)
(j/k btw)
Either way, it wasn't entirely consistent with our other official announcements titles and releases, so when we started to breath again we thought that generally it may be better to stick to those. Or try to. :D
(I know, I'm not fun.)

I think this may explain it better:
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

ARG01

Quote from: Perspective on June 12, 2011, 03:40:30 PM
OMG.. I'll just check all its features and will wait for 2, 3 more months in order to see what people are saying, if they get problems or not.

Going by the flood of support requests I think I will wait a bit before upgrading also. I am quite happy with RC 5 so I think i will stick with it for a month or two.
But, congratz to the devs for all of the hard work put into 2.0. I am sure it will be fine in the long run.  ;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Vahid

Hi , Thank you For finaly Version :) , Congratulations  to All Member of SMF Team and All User of SMF

mcrat

Congrats, great news! I'll be upgrading as soon as I make a new theme to match my site :D

ukhalik2

Thats a great news.. I'll be switching to the final version soon..

lucas-ruroken

Adk Portal 3.1 is coming....

Design your universe!

Advertisement: