News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Invitation Message In Your Face - IMIYF

Started by SnappaGuy, August 25, 2011, 11:38:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simon36

Hi, I really like this mod and would like to know if I can display the message without the ' at the beginning and end of the message.

Thank you.

luuuciano

Download your load.php and search for

$.jGrowl("<a href=\'' . $scripturl . '?action=register\'>' . JavaScriptEscape($modSettings['imiyf_txt']) . '</a>", { life: '.(empty( $modSettings['imiyf_life']) ? 10000 : $modSettings['imiyf_life']).', sticky: '.$modSettings['imiyfsticky'].' });

and change it to

$.jGrowl("<a href=\'' . $scripturl . '?action=register\'>' . $modSettings['imiyf_txt'] . '</a>", { life: '.(empty( $modSettings['imiyf_life']) ? 10000 : $modSettings['imiyf_life']).', sticky: '.$modSettings['imiyfsticky'].' });

(erasing JavaScriptEscape( .... ) )

Then upload it...

Always do a backup first! :)

the load.php file in this case
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

simon36

Hi, thanks for the reply. When I upload the amended load..php no message to register is displayed at all.

luuuciano

Can you atach your modified load.php file?
It should work.... maybe something changed wrong
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

simon36

luuuciano

Well, it looks ok... I have tested it on our forum, and it shows the message (without the ' ')
No idea... maybe http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070047/ would help

MrMike

Luuuuciano,

Would it be possible for you to provide some sample CSS here that would show the bar full-width on the screen, or centered at say, 95% width?

I've been trying to alter the css to show it like that way without any luck.

luuuciano

MrMike, on jquery.jgrowl.css file

Find the line div.jGrowl div.jGrowl-notification, div.jGrowl div.jGrowl-closer {

look at the width: XXX; line inside that

Try width: 95% !important;

On smf admin, IMIYF options use center...

You mean something like that?

MrMike

I guess actually I'm trying to get it to look like like the RegBar mod....full width, centered, very little padding, possibly with an icon on the far left, and so on.

Eambo

This mod is awesome :-) I was wondering two things:

- Is it possible to have this show for registered members, instead of unregistered?
- Is it possible to change the 'register' link (when you click) to another page (IE: Instructions or rules?)

Many thanks for this awesome mod :-)

luuuciano

Thanks Eambo, it is good to know you find it useful

About your question, look at Load.php, search for
if($context['user']['is_guest'] && !empty($modSettings['imiyf_enable']) && $context['current_action'] != 'register')

and try !$context['user']['is_guest'], that ! added should "reverse" the condition and show the message to registered users

Then, a few lines below look for
<a href=\'' . $scripturl . '?action=register\'>' . JavaScriptEscape($modSettings['imiyf_txt']) . '</a>

Change the href section to your needs. something like href="http://www.simplemachines.org/"

Having to see that message as a registered user, all the time, will be a bit anoying, uh?
If you have to show helping messages, FAQs, links, etc... watch this options:
http://spyrestudios.com/how-to-create-a-sexy-vertical-sliding-panel-using-jquery-and-css3/
http://web-kreation.com/tutorials/nice-clean-sliding-login-panel-built-with-jquery/

So, members will have the option to show/hide it, and you will have space to add more useful information (anyway, it is just an idea,,,)

Eambo

Thank you for your response! I will definitely check those out - I like the look of the 'top dropdown' menu more, but the download link is broken at the moment :-(

luuuciano

Well, you can find codes and files looking at the demo... no idea if someone have found a mirror, look at comments (and try sending a message to them)

SimpleGost

luuuciano

ApplianceJunk

Awesome mod, thanks!

I'm also trying to change the link to something other then, register.

I read your reply to Eambo on how to do this.

Then, a few lines below look for

<a href=\'' . $scripturl . '?action=register\'>' . JavaScriptEscape($modSettings['imiyf_txt']) . '</a>

Change the href section to your needs. something like href="http://www.simplemachines.org/"

Could you post the code with http://www.simplemachines.org as a example of just how it's changed?
I have tried to change the a href to something other then register and keep getting errors.
I must not be doing it correctly.

thanks,

Edited to add:

Got it, lol...

Changed this.

to this...

<a href=http://www.simplemachines.org>' . JavaScriptEscape($modSettings['imiyf_txt']) . '</a>

ApplianceJunk

How could I have this show for guest and regular members at the same time?

How about for any special member groups I have?

Thanks,

luuuciano

Quote from: appliancejunk on July 05, 2012, 04:25:38 PM
How could I have this show for guest and regular members at the same time?

How about for any special member groups I have?

Thanks,

For the 1st thing try something like

if(!empty($modSettings['imiyf_enable']) && $context['current_action'] != 'register')

For the second thing try reading this http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=330834.0;all

shigoxin

hello, does this mod work with 2.0.2 ? Any conflict? Thank you.

luuuciano

It works, emulate 2.0 on mod install section
The only conflict you may have is with other mods that uses jquery, you will have to touch code to have just one call

Advertisement: