Invitation Message In Your Face - IMIYF

Started by SnappaGuy, August 25, 2011, 11:38:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ApplianceJunk

Thanks for the reply,

Quote from: shigoxin on July 06, 2012, 06:24:41 AM
hello, does this mod work with 2.0.2 ? Any conflict? Thank you.

I installed it on SMF 2.0.2 without having to emulate it and did not have any problems.

shigoxin

thank you appliancejunk, it also works with me too.

hawkman

Does this work for SMF 2.0.2 and why don't I see it on the "Download Packages" tab under Package Manager?
All that is necessary for evil to prosper is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke

luuuciano

It should work without problems, just emulate 2.0
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

hawkman

Well, It works, but in Modification Settings all the fields are blank so I have to grope my way through the settings.

Hawk
All that is necessary for evil to prosper is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke

luuuciano

uh? Do you want me to set it for you?

You just have to see the field descriptions, think for a while and enter values/strings that fits "your needs"... it was hard to do?
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

hawkman

I figured it out.  I looked at the image from the download page to figure out what each line of the setup was.  It works fine other than the descriptions on the Modification Settings page are blank.  Emulating 2.0 did not help but as I said.  I figured it out and I like it a lot.  Thanks.

luuuciano

Wich language are you using?

The mod installs text strings to Modifications.english-utf8.php Modifications.english.php as well to the spanish ones
Beside that, if you are not using any of those languages, you should be able to see the english text strings (or maybe you deleted that language? do no look like a good idea...)

hawkman

I am only using English and there is no way I could have deleted the text strings.  All I did was:
Download the file
Upload the file
install  it
Go in to Modification Settings

Every word of text that is in this image below Miscellaneous  is missing. http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=download;mod=3107;id=184042;image

All descriptive text was missing from page.  The left side was blank and the right side had boxes for text and position of the floating window.  But..even on the left side, there is no text inside of the selection box for position of the window, all that is blank also.  I had to just select different blank places in the selection box and then log out to see where the floating window would be.

NO text was there, not even "Do you want sticky OFF?", "yes", "no", there is NO text.....but it works fine.  I just click on the blank areas where "yes" or "no" is supposed to be.

Hawk

luuuciano

That is really strange... but I have seen reports in other mods, that uses hooks too, of things like this (strings missings, options, etc)... I have no clue

ViewFromTheBoundary

Hi,

I am using MLM's Vertex Theme and when I go on as a guest the message didnt show up on the site. Is there a reason for this?

Thanks

TheListener

Quote from: DomesticCricketForum on May 09, 2013, 07:20:58 PM
Hi,

I am using MLM's Vertex Theme and when I go on as a guest the message didnt show up on the site. Is there a reason for this?

Thanks

Have you tried the permissions?

Any errors in the error log?

luuuciano

Quote from: DomesticCricketForum on May 09, 2013, 07:20:58 PM
Hi,

Thanks

What website? can you ad an URL to see it?
DO you have any other "something" using jquery?

BTW, do you see the text strings on the mod configuration?

ViewFromTheBoundary

This is my website http://www.domesticcricketforum.com/index.php , I think all the permissions are set up ok so any other advice will be appreciated

luuuciano

Your theme, or a mod installed, is loading jquery...

Look in your Sources/Load.php (backup!) for
   <script type="text/javascript" src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.6.2/jquery.min.js"></script>
then erase it... upload it... it works?

If do not work... probable you have another js conflict

And... on the text string to show, do not use quotes "
And you do not need to add any link, the whole text string will be a link to the register section... if you do not like that way, you will have to change codes to whatever you need to

luuuciano

OOPS.... I realized that it is not showing on my website too... tried to find an error using firebug...

Found this:
TypeError: $.browser is undefined
Generated on the jquery.jgrowl_compressed.js file

And I found this recent jquery issue: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14337859/jquery-browser-javascript-uncaught-typeerror

And... I have to go out now! can not continue testing & trying things until a return...

TO BE CONTINUED... (?)

luuuciano

Ok!
Invitation Message In Your Face [IMIYF] is now 0.3.2

Please, if you have a non working IMIYF installed, uninstall it, then install the latest version...
I have tested it, it works amazing (?)

Good luck, and send me some beers!
(?)

DEEPSNUYB

Hi I download the file and unzipped it as I like to do manual installs.  The only file in there is this

Invitation Message In Your Face 0.3.2 and the file extension is .2

?

TheListener

Try using the package manager.

Have you looked at the parser to see which files are changed?

luuuciano

Quote from: DEEPSNUYB on May 18, 2013, 11:09:03 PM
Hi I download the file and unzipped it as I like to do manual installs.  The only file in there is this

Invitation Message In Your Face 0.3.2 and the file extension is .2

?

Unziped?? it is a tar.gz file... how you did it?
Try using a better method

Advertisement: