Invitation Message In Your Face - IMIYF

Started by SnappaGuy, August 25, 2011, 11:38:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SnappaGuy

Link to Mod

IMIYF

Every forum webmaster would be over the moon if they could convert even just a small percentage of their guests to registered users, would that be a correct assumption?

This little mod displays a floating window (non modal) to guests (and presently users not logged in), extolling your forums virtues, encouraging them to register and taking them to your registration page when clicked, although it could be used to display almost any message you desired.

From the admin area, you can enable the mod, edit the text to display, nominate a time to auto close the window, turn 'sticky' mode on or off, select an area to display the window i.e top right/left,  bottom right/left and center positions and enable sound notifications.

The mod uses jQuery, in noConflict mode and the jGrowl library.

Whilst the mod is directed at current SMF versions, it should/could work with earlier versions (perhaps by emulation) however we strongly advise updating to the latest iterations of SMF to address any bug fixes and to take advantage of improvements in the areas of features and security.

Languages supported in version 0.4.1 are:  english, english-utf8.

Please feel free to checkout the demo for V2.0.15 at https://imiyf-demo1.budcomsol.com [nofollow] and the demo for V2.1 RC2 at imiyf-demo2.budcomsol.com [nofollow] !

Version History.

0.4.1: Cosmetic changes, address an omission in 0.4.0, add optional sound notification.
0.4.0: Cosmetic changes, update jQuery/jGrowl libraries, remove single quotes from output text, added cookie session support,
          remove support for languages other than English, download now offered in .zip format, added SMF version checking.
0.3.2: Bug fixes for jquery.jgrowl actualization.
0.3.1: Several changes regarding package structure.
0.3.0: Mod configurable in the admin area, thanks Diegorixo, Miss All Sunday, SMF Customization Team and all offering advice.
0.2.3: Several changes in package structure.
0.2.2: Non default themes compatibility improved.
0.2.1: Updated to 2.0 Gold.
0.2.0: Solved issues regarding non default themes.
0.1.0: Initial release, the creature is alive!

The MIT License

Copyright <2019> <BUD's Computer Solutions>

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

I'm not always right but I'm never wrong!

Sudhakar Arjunan

Hey admin,

Good mod, just searching for it.

Installing and worked fine.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

luuuciano

Its great you find it useful!
Thanks for share it
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

Sci-Fi_Fan

Hi, the display box itself works fine but when it is clicked, I get the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting ']' in /-removed-/-removed-/public_html/forum/Sources/Register.php on line 875

Any ideas?
ShadowFleet.org - more than just a Star Trek RPG!

luuuciano

Quote from: Sci-Fi_Fan on September 04, 2011, 08:04:41 AM
Hi, the display box itself works fine but when it is clicked, I get the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting ']' in /-removed-/-removed-/public_html/forum/Sources/Register.php on line 875

Any ideas?

Well, this mod do not change anything on that file... do you have installed other mods that touchs it? wich ones?
Can you attach that Register.php file?

For example, my Register.php file have 849 lines...
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

Sci-Fi_Fan

Quote from: luuuciano on September 04, 2011, 11:50:24 AM
Quote from: Sci-Fi_Fan on September 04, 2011, 08:04:41 AM

Any ideas?

Well, this mod do not change anything on that file... do you have installed other mods that touchs it? wich ones?
Can you attach that Register.php file?

For example, my Register.php file have 849 lines...

I did have the referrals mod installed, but I thought I removed that. However, I'm not an expert at php coding so I could be mistaken.

My file is attached. I'd really appreciate any help you can provide with this as it is a good mod.

luuuciano

That file is broken, it is not the 100%... edit it and watch the end
Quote{
      require_once($sourcedir . '/Subs-Members.php');
      $context['valid_username'] &= isReservedName($context['che

Why is that? do you edited it and upload it wrong?

and the file have pieces of referral mod (and another one about "country" things?)... you will have to restore that file... and look the parse of that mod to do the reverse of install it (in every file touched)

or try changing it to this

{
$context['valid_username'] &= isReservedName($context['checked_username'], 0, false, false) ? 0 : 1;
}
}

?>

but, no idea if your register file had other codes between that and ?>

Sci-Fi_Fan

Quote from: luuuciano on September 04, 2011, 12:19:01 PM
That file is broken, it is not the 100%... edit it and watch the end
Quote{
      $context['valid_username'] &= isReservedName($context['che

Why is that? do you edited it and upload it wrong?

and the file have pieces of referral mod... you will have to restore that file... and look the parse of that mod to do the reverse of install it (in every file touched)

I don't know. I haven't touched it, but it may have happened when I uninstalled the referral mod. I'll attempt to sort it out.

EDIT: OK, I removed the referral mod from all files associated with it. How can I restore the rest of the code that's missing?

luuuciano

Quote from: Sci-Fi_Fan on September 04, 2011, 12:21:10 PM
EDIT: OK, I removed the referral mod from all files associated with it. How can I restore the rest of the code that's missing?

If you have no other mods touching Register.php just download the smf full pack (installer/update/upgrade, any of them.... the same version you are using), unpack it locally and upload just that file (Register.php)...
If you have other mods touching that file... look at /Packages/backups for the latest working backup and try the file in there... if not, do the previous option, do a parse on mods touching that file, inser/change codes, upload...

PLAYBOY

Very nice mod. Easy to use and custom theme friendly. Thank you very much.

I think it would be very nice (and useful) if you can add an option which will make the popup show only once to a person/to an ip/to a session. I mean it could be cookie based or ip based or whatever. But my visitors are complaining that the popup message appear everytime they visit the site and it gets pretty annoying.

Also it would be nice, if we could customize the hyperlink of the popup. My forum has an invitation system and i dont people to be directed to register.php

I would really appreciate if you can add these features.

SimpleGost

When user close the notification, on next page it shows again! FIX IT!

GlitchPC

Quote from: InternetFazoni on January 05, 2012, 08:56:31 AM

...so, you think if you demand it to be fixed, it'll get fixed?  Sheesh!

luuuciano

Quote from: InternetFazoni on January 05, 2012, 08:56:31 AM

Currently its like that, no time to do more improvements...
You do not like it? do not use it / modify it

SimpleGost

My english is bad, i don't want from you to modify your mod, tell me how to do that? When user close it, not be shown on other page

luuuciano

First, to clarify a bit, it is not broken, so it will not get fixed... I have no time to do more improvements on it rigth now

Quote from: InternetFazoni on January 05, 2012, 10:28:57 AM
My english is bad, i don't want from you to modify your mod, tell me how to do that? When user close it, not be shown on other page

There is no change to "fix" that, the mod have to be improved (adding some cookies handling, or something else)

SimpleGost

Key is in Cookies, but i dont know how to do that  :'(

luuuciano

Anyway, why you care about non registered people?
If they feel annoyed by that message, they can register and login...
Do not you want that? it is not that this mod purpose? why are you using it?

French

luuuciano thanks a lot for IMIYF Mod,it´s attend visitors to the sector register in a neatly way  ;)

BCK

isnt the whole point to either get to register or leave??? lol

luuuciano

Well, that behavior happens on mods where you can not see replies, or can not see links, for example... this is more friendly, a little annoying true, if you browse more than 3 or 5 pages, but friendly :)

Advertisement: