im just having all kinds of problems wow??

Started by Just Naughty, October 05, 2011, 08:16:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Naughty

ok i did eventually get my site up and everything was running picture perfect... but all of a sudden last night after my site being up for like 3 hours it started doing this whenever i tryed to go for it...and before you start to say its my internet connection, no it is not because i can go to any other website but mine so like wtf? and no i didnt mess with the folder where my url directs me to.. i had everything running just fine and it did this all of a sudden please help :((

ziycon

Can you post a url, could be a DNS issue for your site, is it a new domain?

Just Naughty

Quote from: ziycon on October 05, 2011, 08:17:47 AM
Can you post a url, could be a DNS issue for your site, is it a new domain?
url is.... naughtyscape.com
i bought a domain the other day... and was setting everything up through the cpanel of the place that i purchased the domain from it was working just fine until last night and i didnt do anything to any of the files that could have or should have messed it up

Illori

did you buy the domain from your host? if so contact your host or who ever you bought the domain from and ask them what is up.

ziycon

The domain isn't resolving, looks like a DNS issue, as Illori said you'll need to contact your host.

Just Naughty

Quote from: ziycon on October 05, 2011, 08:26:53 AM
The domain isn't resolving, looks like a DNS issue, as Illori said you'll need to contact your host.
Appearntly... the host that i bought my domain from is having all kinds of problems and theres a lot of people complaining about their sites being down? any advice on what i can do? going through a different host isn't an option, as I'm kind of short on cash atm so please suggest anything but that, and also switching to different forums isn't really an option unless i can take my domain and
files with me? is that possible?

Illori

if it is a hosting issue, you dont want to move, then we can only tell you to stick with a poor host that is most likely oversold and wait until you cant use your forum because your host wants more money or they want to kick you off the server for using too many resources.

ziycon

Illori is right, if you can't afford to move host and take your domain with you there's not much you can do.

Just Naughty

Quote from: Illori on October 05, 2011, 04:10:30 PM
if it is a hosting issue, you dont want to move, then we can only tell you to stick with a poor host that is most likely oversold and wait until you cant use your forum because your host wants more money or they want to kick you off the server for using too many resources.
I don't appreciate the sarcasam. I know nothing about this kind of stuff which is why I'm asking for help. WOW just shows what kind of support team this site has to offer.

Illori

i was being honest, if you cant afford a decent host you will have issues many can back this statement. which my comment was backed already above.

Just Naughty

And still never answered my question.... if i do somehow manage to get the money to get a new host will i be able to transfer my files without having to re install my forums?

Illori

yes you can transfer everything given you can get a good backup from your current host.

How do I move my SMF forum to a different host?

and i dont see where you asked about moving to another host, you asked us not to tell you to move.

Just Naughty

Quote from: Illori on October 05, 2011, 05:10:11 PM
yes you can transfer everything given you can get a good backup from your current host.

How do I move my SMF forum to a different host?

and i dont see where you asked about moving to another host, you asked us not to tell you to move.
Because I don't want to dish out money unless it's completely necessary, as I just paid $12.95 the other day to a host that I did not know at the time is very horrible. So basically I don't want to pay for a new host unless its vital for my forums to keep running, based on the posts made in this thread by other people, I'm assuming it is, so I will consider moving, do you know what the best and most reliable host out there is. and let me explain better... i purchased a domain from this website (not smf, but this as in meaning a general term) and i got free hosting I guess? So if  i switched to godaddy.com or wherever the best place is would i have to pay in order to change my url to their database? or would it be free and could i get free hosting or i would have to pay?

Illori

i would never recommend you move to godaddy or any other host that offers unlimited bandwidth or hard drive space. check the hosting boards here for a few suggested hosts. a free host will never be a good one as they will put on restrictions that will hurt your forum.

Just Naughty

Quote from: Illori on October 05, 2011, 05:20:37 PM
i would never recommend you move to godaddy or any other host that offers unlimited bandwidth or hard drive space. check the hosting boards here for a few suggested hosts. a free host will never be a good one as they will put on restrictions that will hurt your forum.
Ok well if i decided to pay for hosting would it be free to get my domain on there server thing or whatever u would call it or would i have to pay for that too?

Illori

most hosts would rather you buy your domain from where else, this way if you ever have to change hosts you can take your domain with you.

Just Naughty

Quote from: Illori on October 05, 2011, 05:25:02 PM
most hosts would rather you buy your domain from where else, this way if you ever have to change hosts you can take your domain with you.
OK... so your basically saying... even though i bought the domain from one website i can get a different host? and transfer my domain for free?

Illori

you can try to transfer your existing domain, but most likely you will run into issues and it would be easier to buy a new domain and use that. ask your host if they will change the nameservers on your domain for you, if they will not then you will require a new domain

ziycon

A lot of hosts will allow you move the domain to another hosting provider but the new host will most likely charge a once off fee for the transfer of the domain. With that said some hosts try their hardest to stop people moving domains away and it can get very messing and time consuming.

Just Naughty

Quote from: Illori on October 05, 2011, 05:34:25 PM
you can try to transfer your existing domain, but most likely you will run into issues and it would be easier to buy a new domain and use that. ask your host if they will change the nameservers on your domain for you, if they will not then you will require a new domain
is there a way i could have my current host de activate my domain so that i could purchase the same one from a different host? and btw do you think this would be a very good host? i know nothing about this kind of stuff so i'd appreciate if you tell me whether this host would be good or not

Beginner Hosting:
--------------------------------
Web space - 1,000mb
Bandwidth limit - 15,000mb
1 FTP account
5 Email account
1 MySQL account
unlimited Sub domains
1 Parked domain
1 Addon domain

$3.99 Per month

Advertisement: