User Agreement Update

Started by Matthew K., January 03, 2012, 09:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew K.

Link to Mod

Brief Summary:

User Agreement Update provides a fully re-written system for both modifying and controlling the user agreement.

Allowing you to force (all|groups|members) to re-accept the user agreement before continuing to browse the forum, with two different modes (strict|relaxed), or the ability to turn off requiring members to re-accept at all.

The interface has a lot of jQuery implemented for the best experience possible, along with CSS3 for some extra styling benefits.

Multilingual support was achieved with some very nice results.

Features:

• Parse BBC
  • Display Smileys
  • Modify User Agreement
  • Change Language
  • Restore To:
    • Latest Revision (restores to last save)
    • Default (restores to default agreement)
  • Show and Require
  • Require Re-Agreement - When the user agreement is updated should members have to re-accept it?
  • Member Mode - Strict: Members must accept before doing anything. Relaxed: Members can browse topics, but not access any actions.
  • Bypass Groups (Primary & Post-based) - Select groups that do not have to re-accept the user agreement.
  • Bypass Member(s) - Members that do not have to re-accept the user agreement.
  • FULLY Multilingual
  • CSS3 & jQuery Implementation

Changelog:

v1.0.3 (r1.3.12):

• !enhancement: file heading modified. (all package files).
  • !enhancement: hacking attempt typo corrected. (!uau_source/)
  • !enhancement: $smcFunc['strtolower'](); utilized for group colours. (!uau_source/Subs-Handler.php)
  • !bugfix: "regular" membergroup added to $membergroups in loadMemberGroups(); (!uau_source/Subs-Handler.php, !uau_language/Handler.english.php)
  • !enhancement: globals split into two lines (!HandlerFunc [uau_source/Handler.php])
  • !bugfix: jQuery is only loaded if not previously loaded. (!uau_source/Handler.php x 2)
  • !bugfix: json_encode(); replaced with utf8_encode();. (!uau_source/Handler.php)
  • !enhancement: inline CSS coding style updated. (!uau_source/Handler.php)

v1.0.2 (r12.12.11):

• !enhancement: long string of globals separated into two lines.

• File: ./resources/Handler.php
    • Function: HandlerFunc();
  • !bugfix: readme now includes PHP requirement for json_encode(); and json_decode(); (PHP >= 5.2.0)
  • !enhancement: various readme.txt changes.

Mentions:

• Icon Set: Fugue-Icons
  • Written by: Labradoodle-360
  • Copyright: Matthew Kerle - All Rights Reserved
  • Dedicated To: LILM, my family, and Scotty Edward Johnson.

Bugo

I suggest using
jQuery(document).ready(function($)
instead of
$(document).ready(function(){
for more compatibility with Mootools (themes, mods) etc.

Robert.

Matthew K.

pols1337

Hello labradoodle,

So I feel kind of stupid (don't laugh at me  :o), but I swear I cannot submit my choice to have 'read' the new User Agreement.  See attached.  I am using the Astonished theme by Diego Andrés

Joel / pols1337

Matthew K.

Do you have JavaScript enabled? Upon selecting "read", my modification automatically replaced that section with "Re-Accept Agreement" button, which allows you to submit the form.

pols1337

I'm using Google Chrome on my browser ... I will check on Firefox, although I don't think JS is disabled ...

If you want, test account is: {written down | removed for security}

Matthew K.

Unfortunately, I'd need a link to the site also.

pols1337

universeofmen.com

Mozilla Firefox doesn't show any button either ... I swear I'm not blind. 

Matthew K.

Would you be willing to provide me with the login details for an admin account, and with FTP access? If so, PM me all of the information, and I'll take a peak at it tomorrow morning.

From what I can tell, another modification is conflicting with mine.

Matthew K.

Quote from: pols1337 on January 09, 2012, 02:30:25 AM
universeofmen.com

Mozilla Firefox doesn't show any button either ... I swear I'm not blind. 
The issue has to be being caused by a conflicting modification, I don't have time right now to look into it in any more depth.

pols1337

Well ... can you explain how to back out of the changes, since I am totally locked out of my Forum since I can't accept the new User Agreement  ???

Matthew K.

Definitely. You'll need to go into your control panel (most likely cPanel) and go to phpMyAdmin > Navigate to your forums database > go to {db_prefix}members (most likely smf_members) > Edit your row > Change has_agreed to "1" and save.

pols1337

If it helps, now that I can access my admin panel here is a list of the installed packages ...

Eclipse16V

Quote from: pols1337 on January 09, 2012, 02:16:07 AM
Hello labradoodle,

So I feel kind of stupid (don't laugh at me  :o), but I swear I cannot submit my choice to have 'read' the new User Agreement.  See attached.  I am using the Astonished theme by Diego Andrés

Joel / pols1337
Same error with FireFox 9 on my SMF.
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

Matthew K.

Quote from: Eclipse16V on January 12, 2012, 05:00:49 AM
Quote from: pols1337 on January 09, 2012, 02:16:07 AM
Hello labradoodle,

Joel / pols1337
Same error with FireFox 9 on my SMF.
Do you have JavaScript on? What modifications do you have installed?

Eclipse16V

Yes, JavaScript is on.

Here my Mod list.
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

Matthew K.

It's very possible one of those modifications is conflicting. Out of curiosity, have you tried another browser yet?

Eclipse16V

No, I'm once again did the mod because I have come down even more into the admin area. I just thought if it was not going to FireFox I would rather just leave it off again. I would then prefer to wait until the next time updates from time to enter and search which mod it since problems.
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

Matthew K.

I'm sorry, I don't understand your last post...

Advertisement: