News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Additional Instant Messengers ( Skype + GoogleTalk)

Started by hcfwesker, February 04, 2012, 04:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheListener

Any idea why the pinterest image shows as facebook and not as pinterest?

I tried including a pinterest image in my images folder to no avail.

hcfwesker

Ummm, wrong MOD, i think.  And that's a first I've heard for that if you mean the social media icons MOD?

TheListener

Quote from: hcfwesker on April 09, 2013, 07:49:38 AM
Ummm, wrong MOD, i think.  And that's a first I've heard for that if you mean the social media icons MOD?

Ya right it was  :-[

Anyways it was a theme image issue.

* Old Fossil goes back to sleep.

phpshiva

I did all the setting but its still grey

how can i solve this?

hcfwesker

ummm., care to elaborate a little more on what you're talking about?  what is gray?

phpshiva

i'm having only the grey icon and not the rest
installing was ok no errors just this
it doesent show online away etc

had a look at the code and thats ok its where it supose to be

hcfwesker

Quote from: phpshiva on April 21, 2013, 03:24:18 AMi'm having only the grey icon and not the rest
it doesent show online away etc

Because Members must update their Skype options on their Skype control panel. (see attached pic below)

QuoteFor Skype Status Icon to show properly, users will need to set up their settings on their Skype Profile
In their Skype window they need to click  Skype > Privacy > activate "Allow my status to be shown on the web"
Doing this will allow thir status on skype to be shown on SMF such as Online, Away, Do not Disturb, Offline ect...

Which is why most admins prefer to use the "static skype" icon setting.  Because not all members will update their settings through Skype.

QuoteAdmin > Theme Settings >
Show static skype icon.

See attachment 2, top profile shows MY status in the green box, because I have activated my Skype settings, but the member below me hasn't (Box in RED), which means their status will always show grey until they set up this feature in their SkypeCP options.

Cereus

Quote from: hcfwesker on March 12, 2013, 12:25:46 PM
because both make changes to similar lines in several files.  You'll have to manually install one or the other.

Ok. But make it change only part of that line is more interesting. ;)

I'll try to change it manually. Thanks!

hcfwesker

Quote from: Arkhan Holycross on April 21, 2013, 05:33:06 PMOk. But make it change only part of that line is more interesting. ;)

I'll try to change it manually. Thanks!

It can't be coded that way because I can't assume everyone who adds this MOD is also going to install the other MOD before this one.  MODs need to be coded to install like they're the first MOd being installed.  You can't just add code edits assuming other MODs are installed beforehand.  These are actually simple manual edits.  serach the files with failed installs for 'yim' and that'll be where you need to add 'skype' and 'googleplus' (in most cases)

Trust me, I made the simplest edits possible these edits necessary would allow.

NekoJonez

For some reason the GTalk icon doesn't appear in all the places where the Skype icon does. What can be the cause of this?
Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

hcfwesker

if youre using custom themes and didnt add the image to those themes's images file. check the smf default theme and see if it appears where it should

NekoJonez

Well, nope.

But the thing is, I also have the Gamers ID plug-in installed. Can this be a conflict?

Twitter
My Blog

hcfwesker

Quote from: JonezJeA on May 02, 2013, 05:44:49 AMBut the thing is, I also have the Gamers ID plug-in installed. Can this be a conflict?

they do have install conflicts in certain files.  But if you didn't get any errors on the installation part then it shouldn't have been a problem.  Search your Sources/Load.php file for the phrase "gtalk" and make sure those edits got added.  Also, check under admin > Configuration > Features & Options > Profile Fields  to make sure both Skype and Google Talk are activated.

Can you tell me which pages G-Talk DOES appear with Skype, and which doesn't.

-Ultimate Profile (MOD must be installed)
-Display page (mini profiles)
-Personal Messaging (mini profiles)
-Member List
-Who's Online
-Edit Buddies page

NekoJonez

Now it's getting utterly confusing for me. Only 1 profile doesn't display the Skype & GTalk icon at all.

Only on the profile. It's not displaying on the other pages.

Deleting one of both didn't help.

Twitter
My Blog

hcfwesker

Quote from: JonezJeA on May 04, 2013, 09:42:04 AMOnly on the profile.

please be more specific with as many details as possible so I can help you more efficiently.  Posts profile? member's profile? ultimate profile?

Quote from: JonezJeA on May 04, 2013, 09:42:04 AMIt's not displaying on the other pages.

attach Sources/Load.php & default/Display.template.php  I'll take a look at them.

NekoJonez

Well, I did look into it myself and found the issue. Thanks for the offer.

Twitter
My Blog

hcfwesker

Quote from: JonezJeA on May 07, 2013, 09:56:49 AM
Well, I did look into it myself and found the issue.

would you mind sharing what the issue was so I know for sure it wasn't the MOD, itself.

NekoJonez

I dunno in which PHP it was, I believe in Load.php where it loads the profile fields of an user.

the Skype & Google talk weren't added that that line making the forum not loading it out of the db.

Twitter
My Blog

Lalemy

Hello

sry for my english.

I have a problem with the announcement of Skype in the profile of the Members.

The changes are like that, as these should be, only the icon are not shown there.

Quote./Themes/default/Profile.template.php
Find: [Select]

<th scope="col">', $txt['msn'], '</th>
            <th class="last_th" scope="col"></th>
         </tr>';

// If they don't have any buddies don't list them!

Add Before: [Select]

<th scope="col">', $txt['skype'], '</th>
            <th scope="col">', $txt['gtalk1'], '</th>

<td align="center">', $buddy['msn']['link'], '</td>

Add Before: [Select]

<td align="center">', $buddy['skype']['link'], '</td>
            <td align="center">', $buddy['gtalk']['link'], '</td>

', !isset($context['disabled_fields']['yim']) && !empty($context['member']['yim']['link']) ? '<li>' . $context['member']['yim']['link'] . '</li>' : '', '

Add After: [Select]

', !isset($context['disabled_fields']['skype']) && !empty($context['member']['skype']['link']) ? '<li>' . $context['member']['skype']['link'] . '</li>' : '', '
            ', !isset($context['disabled_fields']['gtalk']) && !empty($context['member']['gtalk']['link']) ? '<li>' . $context['member']['gtalk']['link'] . '</li>' : '', '

I hope, one can help me

SMF-Version 2.0.4

Greets
Lalemy

Draffi

Did you copy the icon in the right directory ?

(Themes/imgages...)

Advertisement: