News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

The future of SMF

Started by Norv, February 24, 2012, 07:49:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emanuele

It wont be for sure before the 6th of June...well...maybe a beta...or an alpha... :P

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

live627

* live627 can see that coming back to bite... hard.

emanuele

* emanuele runs very fast...oh no wait I don't run at all!!!!

* emanuele goes to the shop and buys a gun.

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

john256

looks great! Well done.

martin.claro

Thank you guys for your responses!

I'll be keep an eye on this.

etstravel

The future of SMF is very hxxp:nice.it [nonactive] is my future plan.Thanks for sharing this information.

kachan64

That sounds really good. Just hope that the speed improvements and the way how we edit our codes...  :)

TechTitan

Lightweight on resources...that is something i would like SMF3.0 to have...
--:: .... ::--
Checkin' SMF from time to time

live627

Quote from: TechTitan on June 06, 2012, 02:36:42 AM
Lightweight on resources...that is something i would like SMF3.0 to have...
SMF2 is already quite light :)

Allstar12345

Any news on SMF 2.1 release  ?

Antechinus

It's in alpha. That means WIP and not stable enough for a live site yet. Should be moving to early beta in roundabout a month (I think), but don't quote me on that because I'm not the official dude.

Early beta still means that you don't run it on a live site unless you know what you're doing. Getting a stable release wont happen in a month. No, you can't expect an exact date at this stage. That's just not realistic. Sorry.

emanuele

Quote from: Allstar12345 on June 12, 2012, 04:30:40 AM
Any news on SMF 2.1 release  ?
Still...let's say 3 major things (one of them it's Ant's fault :P and that's a hint) we need/want to finish/refine before make available any package.
That means Ant's analysis is a good approximation of reality.

OMG, but June is this month? I though it was the next one! :o :P

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Antechinus

Quote from: emanuele on June 12, 2012, 04:43:53 AMThat means Ant's analysis is a good approximation of reality.

Don't say that. You'll ruin my reputation. :P

Allstar12345

Quote from: emanuele on June 12, 2012, 04:43:53 AM
Quote from: Allstar12345 on June 12, 2012, 04:30:40 AMAny news on SMF 2.1 release  ?
Still...let's say 3 major things (one of them it's Ant's fault and that's a hint) we need/want to finish/refine before make available any package. That means Ant's analysis is a good approximation of reality. OMG, but June is this month? I though it was the next one!
:P yeh years gone past quickly ;)
hope to see it soon :D

Arantor

Don't forget that, realistically, we're still talking 6 months between any kind of package being released and a public 'stable' release.

Antechinus

That sounds about right for a ballpark guesstimate.

Allstar12345

Quote from: Arantor on June 12, 2012, 01:40:43 PMDon't forget that, realistically, we're still talking 6 months between any kind of package being released and a public 'stable' release.
Hmm 6 months is a bit steep .

Arantor

That's the thing, the first release is not nearly as widely tested and will have bugs in it, so you need to have that period of people actively using it finding bugs.

emanuele

* emanuele doesn't write bugs! :P

* emanuele hears the purples (and Spuds) coming and runs for his life!

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

TigPT

Great work you are doing. Looking forward on this news. Just tell us how we can help.

Advertisement: