mambohacks.com birdge versus your bridge?

Started by bijan, August 30, 2005, 07:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bijan

Hi

you know after seeing that hxxp:opensourcematters.org [nonactive] guys used SMF as their board, I told myself, ok, it should be an excellent choice as they knew what to choose themselves! So, I went to hxxp:mamboforge.net [nonactive] and picked the first SMF bridge I saw, which was Mambo-SMF Integration version is 1.3.1.3 by hxxp:mambohacks.com [nonactive]

but today that I'm in here I notice that you are offering a different birdge. So, what is the difference between your bridge and their bridge? Is what you're offering sort of official SMF bridge for mambo because you are in SMF site actually?

thank you,
bijan

Tony Reid

I may be wrong - but as I understand it... he mambohacks bridge is not supported here due to to the way it removes the lewismedia copyright. there is nothing stopping you from adding it back in though ;)

SMF as you have discovered on the OSM site -  is not GPL, although it has 'similar' values... it is protected under the simple machines license.

I would suggest that you use the smf bridge discussed here as you will get much better support for current and future versions of SMF.

Tony Reid

Advertisement: