• Welcome to Simple Machines Community Forum. Please login or sign up.
January 23, 2022, 04:54:23 PM

News:

SMF 2.0.19 has been released! Please update. Read more.


[WIP - Converter] IPB 3.2/3.3/3.4

Started by emanuele, May 17, 2012, 03:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ventic

couldnt be better  :)

now what about emoticons?and all my problems will get solved :)

ThorstenE

you need phpMyAdmin in order to fix that issue, a simple find and replace will do the trick:

UPDATE messages SET body = REPLACE(body,'<#EMO_DIR#>','valid_diretory');

<#EMO_DIR#> is a IPB variable and needs to be replaced with a existing folder name, in this example we replace <#EMO_DIR#> with a folder named "valid_directory"
Then copy all smiley graphics to that new folder and you're done.

Ventic

Quote from: Thorsten Eurich on September 24, 2012, 09:13:49 AM
you need phpMyAdmin in order to fix that issue, a simple find and replace will do the trick:

UPDATE messages SET body = REPLACE(body,'<#EMO_DIR#>','valid_diretory');

<#EMO_DIR#> is a IPB variable and needs to be replaced with a existing folder name, in this example we replace <#EMO_DIR#> with a folder named "valid_directory"
Then copy all smiley graphics to that new folder and you're done.
can you give me an example please cause i didnt understand it?

xbc971

September 24, 2012, 10:11:12 AM #123 Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 11:42:44 AM by xbc971
Hey guys I'm going back to SMF but have a huge problem converting my forum IPB 3.2.3 :x
I Installed SMF 2.0.2 with utf-8 uploaded the convertor files.After I execute conveter.php and run the converter with utf-8 I Get this error :X
Converting...
Converting members... Successful.
Converting categories... Successful.
Converting boards... Successful.
Converting topics...Duplicate entry '638' for key 'PRIMARY'


any ideas how to fix it?

emanuele

The best idea I have is rewrite convert.php... lol sorry.

Hello xbc971 and welcome at sm.org.

Usually this is an error that comes up when you "restart" the conversion (for example with a refresh of the page), at the moment I only know about two options to workaround it:
1) restart the conversion
2) increment one at a time the value of "start" (in the browser address bar, you should have something like http://www.yoursite.tld/forum/convert.php?step=3;substep=17;start=123, increment the value of start one by one: 124, 125, etc.) until the error disappears...


Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D




Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

xbc971

September 24, 2012, 11:38:57 AM #125 Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 12:49:50 PM by xbc971
Quote from: emanuele on September 24, 2012, 11:25:38 AM
The best idea I have is rewrite convert.php... lol sorry.

Hello xbc971 and welcome at sm.org [nofollow].

Usually this is an error that comes up when you "restart" the conversion (for example with a refresh of the page), at the moment I only know about two options to workaround it:
1) restart the conversion
2) increment one at a time the value of "start" (in the browser address bar, you should have something like http://www.yoursite.tld/forum/convert.php?step=3;substep=17;start=123, increment the value of start one by one: 124, 125, etc.) until the error disappears...


So I delete my smf Installation multiple times with the database and etc.I tried restarting conversion also same error ... :/ In Adress bar I have only http://mysite.com/community/convert.php?step=1 [nofollow]

ThorstenE

Quote from: Ventic on September 24, 2012, 09:22:33 AM
can you give me an example please cause i didnt understand it?
ok,
create a folder named ipb_smileys and upload all the smiley image files from your ipb there.
then via phpMyAdmin:
UPDATE messages SET body = REPLACE(body,'<#EMO_DIR#>','ipb_smileys');

ThorstenE

Quote from: xbc971 on September 24, 2012, 10:11:12 AM
Hey guys I'm going back to SMF but have a huge problem converting my forum IPB 3.2.3 :x
I Installed SMF 2.0.2 with utf-8 uploaded the convertor files.After I execute conveter.php and run the converter with utf-8 I Get this error :X
Converting...
Converting members... Successful.
Converting categories... Successful.
Converting boards... Successful.
Converting topics...Duplicate entry '638' for key 'PRIMARY'


any ideas how to fix it?
Edit ipb3_to_smf.sql and replace
---* {$to_prefix}topics 5
with
---* {$to_prefix}topics 5
---{
$ignore = true;
---}


xbc971

September 24, 2012, 02:11:18 PM #128 Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 03:31:06 PM by xbc971
10x I converted my forum but still there are those "chinese" symbols I installed SMF 2.0.2 with utf-8 and covnerted with utf-8 and I run the thing for database from maintenance menu half of my forum is in my language other is chinese ...

ThorstenE

Quote from: xbc971 on September 24, 2012, 02:11:18 PM
10x I converted my forum but still there are those "chinese" symbols I installed SMF 2.0.2 with utf-8 and covnerted with utf-8 and I run the thing for database from maintenance menu half of my forum is in my language other is chinese ...
I'm relatively sure your IPB database is already mixed, thus the converter can't fix this issues. Don't know much about IPB but is there a similar task for fixing charset issues inside the admin interface?

xbc971

I have searched the admin panel for this kind of option but I didn't found anything.

ThorstenE

Quote from: xbc971 on September 25, 2012, 04:23:09 PM
I have searched the admin panel for this kind of option but I didn't found anything.
Would you mind sending me a backup from your database? I've made an import tool which can fix charset issues in all variants, even if there's a mixed string inside the database (UTF-8 and latin/other characters in a single string). That tool is not designed to import IPB to SMF but I could modify it for proper SMF import. It's not publically available, still in alpha stage and I'd need some days to modify it but there's a good chance to import your "broken" database.

I've added you to my buddy list, feel free to contact me via PM.

xbc971

I have sent you backup check your PM's :)

joe9494t

Hi I've converted my forum (very successively, thanks) to smf.

Although I have one error, in all the content of posts (smf_messages in the database) every time a ' mark is used, it has replaced it with \'  (e.g. don't turns to don'\t). Now the problem is I can't exactly run a query for replacing it, which would be like this: UPDATE smf_messages SET body = REPLACE ( body, '\','' );
However it gets confused by the ' marks so I can't exactly fix it.

Can anyone suggest a fix for this?

ThorstenE

UPDATE smf_messages SET body = REPLACE ( body, "\'","'" );

Vlada87

I have IPB installation to shared hosting, and i have SMF fresh installation on VPS, can this script convertp from server to server or is this one of the kids script that must be used only on same server?!

Uzocu

I have a problem:

Converting members...
Fatal error: Call to undefined function getattachmentfilename() in /home/iroxman/public_html/convert.php on line 2339

emanuele

Hello Uzocu and welcome to sm.org.

ETA: the function is part of a normal SMF install, so if it doesn't work it would mean it is not loading properly SMF at all...
Where did you put the convert.php and the .sql files? Into the same directory as SSI.php?


Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D




Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Uzocu

Hello, I put the convert.php in the root directory and the forum is in a subdomain.

emanuele

And is in the same directory as Settings.php?
That's the most important thing, since convert.php takes the "important" data from Settings.php itself.


Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D




Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Advertisement: