StickyTopicsOrder

Started by maestrosite.ru, September 19, 2012, 10:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammy

Quote from: Steve on January 18, 2021, 05:04:43 PM
Silly question but I assume you have stickied topics?

Oh WAIT, ha!!!  So THAT'S how it works!  I mean, the mod author doesn't caution that nothing will appear in the mod settings unless you have stickys already.  You just get redirected to settings after the installation and when that field is blank, so are you!  (Uh, so am I, I mean.)

So, I made MORE THAN ONE sticky topic and I'm back in bidnezz!   :D

landyvlad

Good result - i didnt know of this mod and would certainly use it if I wasn't planning to move to 2.1
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Grammy

Quote from: landyvlad on January 19, 2021, 01:37:02 AM
Good result - i didnt know of this mod and would certainly use it if I wasn't planning to move to 2.1

The edits are so simple, maybe 2.1 could incorporate something like this.  It's very useful.   :)

Steve

Glad I was able to help. Keep in mind that assigning what order the topics are in is opposite what you might think. At least, it was for me. If you have stickied topics A, B and C and want them stickied in that order you would assign them like this:

A = 3
B = 2
C = 1

You probably already figured that out but I thought I'd post it anyway. :P
DO NOT pm me for support!

Grammy

Quote from: Steve on January 19, 2021, 08:16:09 AM
Glad I was able to help. Keep in mind that assigning what order the topics are in is opposite what you might think. At least, it was for me. If you have stickied topics A, B and C and want them stickied in that order you would assign them like this:

A = 3
B = 2
C = 1

You probably already figured that out but I thought I'd post it anyway. :P

It dawned on me...... s l o w l y....    :D

Steve

Can this mod be updated for 2.1.3? Obviously not by the author as he hasn't been here in 5 years.

Shades.

Quote from: Steve on December 05, 2022, 07:05:48 AMCan this mod be updated for 2.1.3? Obviously not by the author as he hasn't been here in 5 years.
I have a 2.1 version that I've been using with no problems but I can't remember where I downloaded it from. I think I got it from GitHub but I can't find it now! Its Sticky Topics Order 0.6 for SMF 2.1 but not sure If I'm allowed to share it or not! :-\

Edit: @Steve I found the link, try this... https://github.com/dragomano/Sticky-Topics-Order
ShadesWeb.com - Custom Logos - My Themes on SMF | My Themes on ShadesWeb
https://shadesweb.com

BikerHound.com - Sniffing out the road ahead
https://bikerhound.com

Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today. - James Dean

Steve

Thanks my friend!

Advertisement: