News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Dream Portal

Started by Dream Portal Team, October 03, 2012, 03:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brynn

Hi Friends,
I'm a newbie - first time admin building 1st site.  I've installed Dream Portal on a test forum, and have it enabled (meaning that I see "Dream Portal has just been installed" on the Home tab).

When I go to Dream Layouts > Manage Layouts, I can't seem to make that page.....well, work....which I realize is incredibly vague.  So I'll just use more words  ::)  So for example, I see the middle section is already checked.  I thought I'd enable all the rest (top, bottom, left and right) to see what they look like.  So I put checkmark on those.  But when I click Save, nothing happens.  The page doesn't refresh or anything.  Then I tried using Enter key instead (in case of a mouse issue).  But just nothing happens.

I noticed when you mouseover the little moon icon (beside Add Layout and Edit Layout) you get some color choices.  So when I clicked on a color, I notice the middle layout section changed color.  But still, clicking the Save button, nothing happens.  So I don't see the color change on the actual page (Home tab).

Other controls seem to work fine.  For example, I've added a new tab to the menu, using Dream Menu > Add Button.  And for example, I clicked on Modify, in the middle section, where I had tried to change the color.  Then I chose the rainbow icon.  That page saved the new icon, which now appears on the page.  But still no color change, because that page (with the color controls) won't save.

It seems like I'm either missing some vital understanding, or there's a problem with this Layouts page.  Should I try uninstall/reinstall?  Or else what am I missing, with all my considerable newbie-ness, lol?

I'm using SMF 2.04 with Firefox (current and updated) on Windows 7, 64-bit (also updated and current).  Since it's a test forum, it really only has a couple of mods at the moment -- ADK Gallery 2.01, SMF Gallery Lite 3.6a, and Switch Permissions 1.0 (which doesn't seem to work, so I'll probably uninstall soon).

Maybe I installed the wrong package?  I installed DreamPortal1.1.zip.  But maybe I should have used DreamPortal1.1.tar.gz??  I really don't know what the tar.gz extension means, or is used for, so that's why I decided to use the zip file.

Hopefully you all can get me straightened out here.  Thanks for your help  :)

PS -- Also, nothing will drag and drop, as indicated by the instructions at the top.  I try to drag, but it just highlights text in the drag area.

SoLoGHoST

Quote from: brynn on July 13, 2013, 12:00:37 PM
When I go to Dream Layouts > Manage Layouts, I can't seem to make that page.....well, work....which I realize is incredibly vague.  So I'll just use more words  ::)  So for example, I see the middle section is already checked.  I thought I'd enable all the rest (top, bottom, left and right) to see what they look like.  So I put checkmark on those.  But when I click Save, nothing happens.  The page doesn't refresh or anything.  Then I tried using Enter key instead (in case of a mouse issue).  But just nothing happens.

When you click on Save, it uses ajax to update the page, therefore it should not go anywhere.  But if you wait a second, it should add a green box at the top of the page which states the following:
QuoteThe module positions have been saved.
Click to close this message.

If you do not see this box, than jQuery is not being properly loaded (which will result in other problems you mentioned).

Check the pages source code, by right clicking and selecting, "View Source" and ensure that the following is in there:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery-latest.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="./Themes/default/scripts/dpManMods.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="./Themes/default/scripts/dpAdmin.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"><!-- // --><![CDATA[
var dlpIdPos = "6";
var sessVar = "{YOUR SESSION VAR}";
var sessId = "{YOUR SESSION ID}";
var errorString = "Error";
var cloneMade = "The clone was made.";
var cloneDeleted = "The clone was deleted.";
var modulePositionsSaved = "The module positions have been saved.";
var clickToClose = "Click to close this message.";
// ]]></script>

Also, try loading that page with a different browser other than Firefox and see if you are able to drag and drop than.  Do a HARD PAGE REFRESH when checking.

I noticed when you mouseover the little moon icon (beside Add Layout and Edit Layout) you get some color choices.  So when I clicked on a color, I notice the middle layout section changed color.  But still, clicking the Save button, nothing happens.  So I don't see the color change on the actual page (Home tab).

The color is NOT supposed to change on the actual Home page or any layout, so this is working as expected.  This setting is just for your Admin section to be able to change the colors of the module to be presentable and display properly according to whatever theme you have installed on your SMF Forum.

I'm using SMF 2.04 with Firefox (current and updated) on Windows 7, 64-bit (also updated and current).  Since it's a test forum, it really only has a couple of mods at the moment -- ADK Gallery 2.01, SMF Gallery Lite 3.6a, and Switch Permissions 1.0 (which doesn't seem to work, so I'll probably uninstall soon).
I tested with Firefox just now and no problems saving the page and/or dragging and dropping modules.  I will test with those SMF Mods installed and see if there are any conflicts with those SMF Mods and Dream Portal and let you know.  However, it seems to me that jQuery isn't being loaded in your Manage Dream Portal Admin page, so that would cause all of the issues you are having.

Maybe I installed the wrong package?  I installed DreamPortal1.1.zip.  But maybe I should have used DreamPortal1.1.tar.gz??  I really don't know what the tar.gz extension means, or is used for, so that's why I decided to use the zip file.

The tar.gz file is the same exact package, it is just a smaller filesize for those who want to use less space on their server.

PS -- Also, nothing will drag and drop, as indicated by the instructions at the top.  I try to drag, but it just highlights text in the drag area.

Again, this is due to jQuery not being loaded on the page.

When did you download Dream Portal 1.1?  If after May 15th, this problem should not exist because Dream Portal Update Pack #5  Fixed this problem back in January of this year.

Did you receive any errors, via the SMF Package Manager, when installing Dream Portal?  Have you tried to Drag and Drop in the Manage Layouts Admin with another Browser?  Opera?  Chrome? etc.  Does it not work in those browser also?  When you do a view source on the Manage Layouts page, are the following strings found:

http://code.jquery.com/jquery-latest.min.js
/Themes/default/scripts/dpManMods.js
/Themes/default/scripts/dpAdmin.js

Do the following files exist, relative to your SMF Root, via FTP?

./Themes/default/scripts/dpManMods.js
./Themes/default/scripts/dpAdmin.js

brynn

Oooohh, jquery!   No, I'm using NoScripts add-on for Firefox, so I had to specifically allow jquery.  Now.....well, ok, now I got the green box saying the postitions have been saved.  But I still don't see any new sections on either the Home tab or Forum tab.  I've refreshed multiple times.

I was able to drag and drop an empty space from the right section to the middle section.  And while I can't seem to drag it back, that would seem to indicate it's working.

Maybe I have to somehow make some content for the sections, before they show up?

I just downloaded and installed it this morning.  I did not receive any errors when installing.  Yes on the view page source question.  I'm afraid I don't know what this means "relative to your SMF Root, via FTP".  But if allowing jquery doesn't make it moot, let me know how to find it, and I'll look for that piece of code. 

One last question before I post.  Would visitors or members of my forum need to allow jquery, for it to function right for them?  Or is jquery just for the admin area?

Thanks  :)

SoLoGHoST

jQuery  is just for the Admin Area, however, many modules use jQuery found here:  http://dream-portal.net/index.php?action=downloads;area=modules

If you want to add modules to your forum (index.php?action=forum), than you need to add a layout in the Manage Layouts section, select forum as the action and add it, than once the layout is added, you'll want to add modules to it.

Dream Portal only comes with 1 Module installed, the 1 that says:  "Dream Portal Installed" is in actuality the "Custom Module", you know this when you click on the "Modify" link on the module itself (within the Homepage Layout, or any layout that you create), it will say in the titlebar:  "Custom Module Settings".  But if you want more functionality and to show other things, there are currently 48 Modules to choose from and install via the "Extend Dream Portal -> Add Modules" Admin Section of SMF, located here:  http://dream-portal.net/index.php?action=downloads;area=modules

There are DP Module Templates located here:  http://dream-portal.net/index.php/board,77.0.html

Cheers and There's much more you can do with Dream Portal.  You should visit the Documentation section located here (which explains much more you can do):  http://dream-portal.net/index.php/board,72.0.html

brynn

Oh ok, I'll check that out.  Thank you very much!

joeyrss

Does this portal have "attachments and other options" on each board or category? I did a trial run with smf last week and had that option so I added pics to each one but now that I have my forum through webhosting, I can't add pics to them. I have simple portal as of now. Thanks..

SoLoGHoST

Quote from: joeyrss on July 14, 2013, 10:05:20 PM
Does this portal have "attachments and other options" on each board or category?

Not sure what you are talking about here, so I think the answer is "No".  You can add modules to each board, if that's what you are talking about...?

electricwildflower

I have a couple of questions that needs answering if you can i was told that it might be your side on the one question but unsure.

1. When members log in there directed to the dream portal main page which i am setting up on my test forum as a dashboard but when logging out there still directed to the dream portal main page and i carn't for the life of me figure out where i edit to direct it to mywebsite/index.php

I only want them to go back to my website/index.php so this means dream portal frontpage is hidden to guests.

Any idea on which file needs editing. ?

2. Is it possible to have the board news feed show only the updates of replys to a persons post not selected board news as i am creating a user dashboard and this would be ideal to show the latest replys to a users post ?

Cheers

SoLoGHoST

Quote from: electricwildflower on August 05, 2013, 03:42:34 PM

1. When members log in there directed to the dream portal main page which i am setting up on my test forum as a dashboard but when logging out there still directed to the dream portal main page and i carn't for the life of me figure out where i edit to direct it to mywebsite/index.php

I only want them to go back to my website/index.php so this means dream portal frontpage is hidden to guests.

Any idea on which file needs editing. ?

Yes, no files at all need editing.  Just simply go to permissions in the SMF Admin, and uncheck View Dream Portal Layouts (first option in there) and click on the Save Button at the bottom right-hand side of the page.  Now, when guests log out they are redirected to the forum index.php, and the Dream Portal Homepage is disabled.

Quote from: electricwildflower on August 05, 2013, 03:42:34 PM
2. Is it possible to have the board news feed show only the updates of replys to a persons post not selected board news as i am creating a user dashboard and this would be ideal to show the latest replys to a users post ?

Ok, so there is no module called, "Board News Feed".  And, while there are many many many features within the Blog 2.2 module, located here:  http://dream-portal.net/index.php?topic=845.0 that feature was not coded into it.  The reason for that mainly is because, modules have general settings that narrow down into specifics based on Admins preference, but should cater to all users and even guests, when possible... however, because you are excluding guests within your idea, what would happen if the module were enabled for guests?  What would be shown than?  In any case, here is quick code that you can throw into the "Custom Module" (the one that says:  Dream Portal is Installed in the title of the module), which is the only module that comes pre-installed with Dream Portal, that will output links of all posts that the user hasn't read yet.

global $modSettings, $smcFunc, $user_info, $scripturl;

$request = $smcFunc['db_query']('substring', '
SELECT
m.subject, m.id_topic, m.id_member, m.id_msg, m.id_board,' . ($user_info['is_guest'] ? '1 AS is_read, 0 AS new_from' : '
IFNULL(lt.id_msg, IFNULL(lmr.id_msg, 0)) >= m.id_msg_modified AS is_read,
IFNULL(lt.id_msg, IFNULL(lmr.id_msg, -1)) + 1 AS new_from') . '
FROM {db_prefix}messages AS m
INNER JOIN {db_prefix}boards AS b ON (b.id_board = m.id_board)
LEFT JOIN {db_prefix}members AS mem ON (mem.id_member = m.id_member)' . (!$user_info['is_guest'] ? '
LEFT JOIN {db_prefix}log_topics AS lt ON (lt.id_topic = m.id_topic AND lt.id_member = {int:current_member})
LEFT JOIN {db_prefix}log_mark_read AS lmr ON (lmr.id_board = m.id_board AND lmr.id_member = {int:current_member})' : '') . '
WHERE 1=1 AND {query_wanna_see_board}' . ($modSettings['postmod_active'] ? '
AND m.approved = {int:is_approved}' : '') . '
ORDER BY m.id_msg',
array(
'current_member' => $user_info['id'],
'is_approved' => 1,
)
);

while ($row = $smcFunc['db_fetch_assoc']($request))
{
if (!empty($row['is_read']))
continue;

$has_replies = true;
echo '
<a href="' . $scripturl . '?topic=' . $row['id_topic'] . '.msg' . $row['id_msg'] . '#msg' . $row['id_msg'] . '" rel="nofollow">' . $row['subject'] . '</a><br />';
}
$smcFunc['db_free_result']($request);

if (empty($has_replies))
echo '
<div class="floatleft">You have read all posts in this forum.</div>';

Just put the above code into the "Custom Module" or a clone of it, on any and all layouts that you need it for.  Make sure that the Code Type is set to PHP.

If you are looking for just the replies of their own topics, or topics that they have posted in, than just change the database query accordingly...  For example, change to search within topics where the user posted in, and search for any posts that have a higher id_msg than the highest id_msg from that user in that topic.  This logic will work perfectly for replies.

Cheers :)

CheeseHead05

Can I see some layout screen shots? I want to get an idea of how this mod looks before I install it..

SoLoGHoST

There are screenshots located where you download the mod.  The Dream Portal site is also a good example of what this Mod does.  The Website Showcase board also has some examples of how others are using Dream Portal.

sadsog

What happened to the support site hxxp:dream-portal.net [nonactive] ?  It's either gone or down.

Bigguy

live627

DNS cache says it's down, but isup.me says it's up. Wait a day or two.

Dream Portal Team

Ok, so now there are 2 download packages to choose from.  1 is just plain Dream Portal 1.1 (updated that fixed a minor bug), and the other package DreamPortal1.1_ckEditor.tar.gz includes the famous ckEditor (aka FCKEditor) v4.3, which includes support for all SMF Languages automatically.  This integrates within the Dream Pages HTML option and since it loads the entire index.css from your current theme, it may take a second to load, but also, because of this, it allows you to code in HTML, with your current themes CSS (using the Style dropdown box) and all while using the coolest WYSIWYG Editor.

For those who have Dream Portal installed already and want to have the ckEditor for your Dream Pages, you can simply uninstall Dream Portal 1.1 it, but do NOT place a checkmark in Remove all data associated with this modification. [Details], then delete it from the packages, and than upload and install DreamPortal1.1_ckEditor.tar.gz.

ENJOY :)
This is the universal account for the Dream Portal Team. All messages sent to this account will be discarded.  Please visit us at:  Dream Portal dot net for support and extensions to Dream Portal.

mikkiTX

i'm having a particular issue in which i cannot access www.dream-portal.net for some reason. i keep getting a redirct to http://rss2search.com/nohost.php?url=www.dream-portal.net/ and a 502 bad gateway error. i have no idea why. it won't even let me near the site otherwise i would sign on and ask my questions there.

i have DP installed and absolutely love it. since it's been a while since it was installed and i've had no issues with it... i've forgotten the little that i did know and i need a quick refresher how to display a slideshow  module at the top of one of my boards. any help would be appreciated.

mikki
all I really want to hear is "Yes Ma'am"...

SoLoGHoST

Hello, I have no problems getting on the site.  Is anyone else experiencing problems with this site?  http://dream-portal.net

It also loaded in my mobile device, although it really isn't made for mobile devices...  Currently says that there are 33 people guests on the site.

lurkalot

Quote from: SoLoGHoST on October 31, 2013, 07:52:36 PM
Hello, I have no problems getting on the site.  Is anyone else experiencing problems with this site?  http://dream-portal.net

It also loaded in my mobile device, although it really isn't made for mobile devices...  Currently says that there are 33 people guests on the site.

I get "This page can't be displayed"  Although I just checked with http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ and that says the site is up.  Strange..

SoLoGHoST

Is anyone else unable to access the website?  I am seeing 27 Guests on the site now, and most are at the index.php, but some are reading topics. 2 users are on the site atm (including me).

More people responding would be great.  And if you could say what browser you are using, and if you cleared your cache or not.  Please clear your browser cache also and history logs if that is ok...  But if you've never been to the site before, than you shouldn't have to do this.

@lurkalot - Can you tell me the browser and if you cleared your cache or not?

Also, if people are able to load the site just fine, can you please indicate that as well?

Thank you.

SoLoGHoST

Also, can you try running your command prompt and flushing the dns:

ipconfig /flushdns

This could fix the problem.

Advertisement: