News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

securing smf

Started by stephenr1, October 19, 2012, 04:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephenr1

i want to know if SMF have additional steps to be done
like what wordpress users have to do to make their website
more secure.

to make it more clear, there is a page that
says "Hardening WordPress"

hxxp:codex.wordpress.org/Hardening_WordPress [nonactive]

what i need to know if SMF have similar steps to do.
thank you for your opinion.

Kindred

well, since almost NONE of those steps have anything at all to do with WordPress, most of that information is portable between any system and is fairly decent advice.

As for the WordPress specific stuff -- SMF has no need to that. We take our security very seriously as, AFAIK, SMF doe snot have any security holes. If any are discovered, ou developers quickly make a package manager patch release to fix the issue.

So...    for security - keep updated.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

stephenr1

Quote from: Kindred on October 19, 2012, 08:05:15 AM
well, since almost NONE of those steps have anything at all to do with WordPress, most of that information is portable between any system and is fairly decent advice.

As for the WordPress specific stuff -- SMF has no need to that. We take our security very seriously as, AFAIK, SMF doe snot have any security holes. If any are discovered, ou developers quickly make a package manager patch release to fix the issue.

So...    for security - keep updated.
thank you

Advertisement: