News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF Chat

Started by J. S., September 14, 2005, 03:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J. S.

Link to Mod

This is a chat for your SMF board.  It is very easy to install and use.
Demo: Click here..
If you need help using this mod you may ask for help here.

Escobar

Has anyone tried this? I don't see any comments even though over 600 people have downloaded this.

What's it like, specifically. Does it give me a chat, or does it integrate an offline chat into my site?
I chose SMF because you get your questions answered.

JesterDesigns

The Demo link doesnt work, anyone got a working demo link?

bhudzmu

lmn

I have tried it!!!!
Nice mod!

ohhh :(

There are lot's of thing author thould work on:
1. Private rooms
2. International dates format

lmn

J.S. I hope you are still working on it!?

HoTmetal

Quote from: bhudzmu on September 22, 2005, 12:13:11 PM
The Demo link doesnt work, anyone got a working demo link?

bhudzmu

Yup, the demo link isn't working...... anyone else have this mod working so we can check itout?

Escobar

QuoteI have tried it!!!!
Nice mod!

Hi, does this put a chat feature into your forum? (Stand-Alone)

Or does it integrate an offline chat into your forum?
I chose SMF because you get your questions answered.

J. S.

Hello peoples.
I am sorry for the "dead" demo page. It will be back asap (today I hope).

J. S.

The chat wasn`t made 100% by me! It is SMF integrated in SimpleChat.

damacguy

Does this mod work with RC1.1?

I get the following errors...
QuotePlease don't access SSI.php by URL directly; you may want to use the path ('SSI.php') or add ?ssi_function=something.

QuoteFatal error: Call to undefined function: ssi_boardstats() in /Library/WebServer/Documents/smf/chat/insert.php on line 12

Gregory

As there's no working demo link and not really any positive feedback, I take it this mod wouldn't be a very good choice for me?
Ant's Life - My morpg that is integrated with SMF for good communications between players and staff.

Gregory

ah ok, looks quite good

I have now integrated my own personaly made chat into my SMF forum now so I won't be using this mod, but probably would otherwise.
Ant's Life - My morpg that is integrated with SMF for good communications between players and staff.

damacguy

Has anyone else gotten this to work in 1.1RC2?

It seems to be installed okay, but when I go to the /chat directory in my browser nothing loads - just an empty page.

I've edited the settings.php so that the board dir path is /Library/WebServer/Documents/smf/chat/ (we're running Mac OS X Server).

Nothing seems to load, but there's no 404 error page either (and no source code is visible).

The board is at http://forums.amugonline.org/ (chat should be at http://forums.amugonline.org/chat/, right?).

J. S.

Try to uninstall the mode and then copy the chat directory into your SMF directory, edit the settings file then delete what you have into your data folder. Make shure to chmod your data folder to 777. Now go to the chat page and it should work.

Trashcan

Tried the above selection.  Got it mostly to work, except on the main page I get this error:

Please don't access SSI.php by URL directly; you may want to use the path ('SSI.php') or add ?ssi_function=something.

then after selecting a user name to my chat I get this error and nothing else:

Please don't access SSI.php by URL directly; you may want to use the path ('SSI.php') or add ?ssi_function=something.

Any suggestions? ??? (keep in mind I am fairly new to php, so the actual message is a bit vague to me)

Thanks

J. S.

1st: URL?
2nd: I am using that chat on SMF 1.1 RC1. and it is working just fine. What is your SMF version?

Trashcan

rrr

J. S.

I can see that you are getting the "Please don't access SSI.php by URL"...  Remember that $boarddir is asking for a path, not a URL.  So, it cannot begin with "http".  Your $boarddir variable in settings.php should be something like:
"/var/www/html/board"

not:

"http://www.weathernut.net/board"

Trashcan

Advertisement: