News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Default PM layout

Started by Daktyl198, March 25, 2013, 02:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

You know as well as I do that people don't normally go looking for settings, and there's no global way to change it for everyone.

Daktyl198

it really isn't hard (just about 3 steps) but like I said, some people don't even know that it exists

Arantor

You could always *tell them* about it.

Daktyl198

I made a thread with instructions, but you know how people are -.-'

Arantor

Irisado

Quote from: Daktyl198 on March 25, 2013, 06:11:28 PM
If you don't make conversation mode default in 2.1, could you at least add an option to choose the default PM layout for the entire forum? I know for a fact that 95% of my users would rather use the conversation layout, but they don't snoop around and so don't know how to change it (or for some, that it even exists).

Just out of interest did you run a poll which every user of your forum answered this question to confirm the figure of 95%  ;)?

I agree entirely that people don't help themselves by not reading the instructions about how to do things.  I've been guilty of that myself, but that's one of the reasons I come here, to try to increase my understanding of how the software works.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Arantor

Only have to have 20 users to be able to get 5% increments ;D

Irisado

Quote from: Arantor on March 27, 2013, 05:43:43 PM
Only have to have 20 users to be able to get 5% increments ;D

That's a good point  :D.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Advertisement: