News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF 1.1 Release Candidate 1 has been released!

Started by Compuart, September 20, 2005, 10:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sverre

Quote from: gri on September 22, 2005, 01:18:28 PM
CRC Error in
smf_1-1-rc1_upgrade.tar.tar
(have downloaded twice).

If you want to extract it directly in Control Panel, I think you need to rename it to .tar.gz after you've uploaded it. At least that's what I had to do when I used the upgrade file for Beta 3 and now the update file for RC1 :)

Purplemadness

Quote from: Tau Online on September 22, 2005, 01:35:36 PM
Quote from: Purplemadness on September 22, 2005, 01:34:35 PM
I have less admin features than i had when my forum was running on 1.05, is it okay? :(
You have more, although the menu bar has been re-organised so it's easier to navigate. Search around your admin panel a bit :)
Ok, thanks! :)
Dutch power!

gri

Quote from: Sverre on September 22, 2005, 01:36:22 PM
If you want to extract it in Control Panel,
I think you need to rename it to .tar.gz
after you've uploaded it.
At least that's what I had to do
when I used the upgrade file for Beta 3
 and now the update file for RC1 :)

Sverre,
My version of WinRar understands ".tar.tar" extention.
Though I agree that the file name should correspond
with the link text in all versions of downloads.

CRC Error is not the result of file_naming error.

ps.
Be attentive to reply me personally
through my signature out of the common topic..
surely having your own similar signature.
It is impossible to read all of the posts
in very active topics.

borgBOB

On a clean install of SMF v1.0.5 upgraded to SMF v1.1 RC1, I ran a detailed version check in admin
and found this:

SMF File                                    Your Version          Current Version

InstantMessage.php                         1.0.2                       ??
InstantMessage.template.php          1.0                          ??
InstantMessage.english.php             1.0                          ??

Just a heads up.

[Unknown]

Those are old files.  You can delete them.

-[Unknown]

Jazhawk

[Unknown]

Quote from: Jazhawk on September 22, 2005, 05:15:29 PM
Quote from: champi on September 22, 2005, 12:21:28 AM
thnx  ;)

Off topic but how does that graphic do that on your posts?

-Jazhawk

You mean this?

It just reads the information your browser sends it, and spits it back at you.

-[Unknown]

Sverre

Quote from: gri on September 22, 2005, 02:08:43 PM
Sverre,

I was a bit too quick on the trigger there... :P I just saw the "tar.tar" part of your post and it reminded me about my own little installation complication, so I posted about that without looking into what a CRC Error really is :-X

It's probably WinRAR which is responsible for the extension change from .tar.gz to .tar.tar, but unless you upload the installation/upgrade/update archive packed like I do, the change doesn't matter because WinRAR, as you've already stated, decompresses the file without problem.

Lefteris_D

I just moved from 1.0.5 to 1.1 rc1 flawlessly. All I need now is to convert the forum theme.

Jazhawk

Quote from: [Unknown] on September 22, 2005, 05:18:25 PM
Quote from: Jazhawk on September 22, 2005, 05:15:29 PM
Quote from: champi on September 22, 2005, 12:21:28 AM
thnx  ;)

Off topic but how does that graphic do that on your posts?

-Jazhawk

You mean this?

It just reads the information your browser sends it, and spits it back at you.

-[Unknown]

Yes that.  lol.  Where can I get the code from?  Thats pretty cool.

-Jazhawk

Klauser

I updated from 1.1 beta 3p to 1.1rc1 without any problems. But I noticed now one little confusing thing. I have on the Main Index at bottom the latest post list, if I click on one posting the Message is not marked as Read, if I go back to Main Index ? If I go the normal way - Index-Board-Posting than it´s marked as read.

[Unknown]

Quote from: Valodim on September 22, 2005, 11:36:06 AM
geez, 1.1RC1 is really picky about slashes in mod files, and doesn't give errors but creates 0 byte files... >_>

\\ edit

actually, I can't get it to extract any image files properly at all (vWarn and vMulticolor-Stars mod), neither with nor without leading slash for the file works :(

<require-file name="green.gif" destination="$themedir/images/warn" />
<require-file name="yellow.gif" destination="$themedir/images/warn" />
<require-file name="red.gif" destination="$themedir/images/warn" />

Anything in your forum error log?  Are you sure the archive is compressed properly such that the "green.gif" file exists in the root of the archive?

That may be.  However, the file is not a .tar.tar file, it is either a .tar.gz or .tar.bz2.  If you name it something.tar.tar, you will get a CRC or similar error.

Quote from: Klauser on September 22, 2005, 06:12:37 PM
I updated from 1.1 beta 3p to 1.1rc1 without any problems. But I noticed now one little confusing thing. I have on the Main Index at bottom the latest post list, if I click on one posting the Message is not marked as Read, if I go back to Main Index ? If I go the normal way - Index-Board-Posting than it´s marked as read.

The *board* is not marked as read, or the *topic*?

-[Unknown]

undysided

I've upgraded my forum with no problems ... Thank you to all the SMF team

Thank you Grudge for all your fantastic work ... You will be sorely missed

Valodim

just tested it again:
no errors,  it's compressed propely (extractable with winrar or gzip+7zip), working all fine with smf1.1beta3, I used the same package file for both fresh smf versions on the same local server.

[Unknown]

HEB XI 1

Since no one else has mentioned it:

I am still having the admin login check issue  ... when I click on the admin link, it brings up the password box for verification.  When I enter the password and click "Login" it just (seems to) refresh the page.  Logging out and back in solves it temporarily (until I close and reopen the browser).

Error logs show:
Administration login attempt!
Referer: http://www.raven-flight.com/community/index.php?action=admin
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.10) Gecko/20050716 Firefox/1.0.6
IP: 12.208.162.157

gri

Quote from: [Unknown] on September 22, 2005, 06:32:57 PM

That may be.  However, the file is not a .tar.tar file, it is either a .tar.gz or .tar.bz2.  If you name it something.tar.tar, you will get a CRC or similar error.

[Unknown],
read me attentively please.

The great number of files on SMF download page
are .tar.tar .

~Not many of them have CRC Error..~

[Unknown]

Quote from: hebxi1 on September 22, 2005, 07:20:09 PM
Since no one else has mentioned it:

I am still having the admin login check issue  ... when I click on the admin link, it brings up the password box for verification.  When I enter the password and click "Login" it just (seems to) refresh the page.  Logging out and back in solves it temporarily (until I close and reopen the browser).

Error logs show:
Administration login attempt!
Referer: http://www.raven-flight.com/community/index.php?action=admin
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.10) Gecko/20050716 Firefox/1.0.6
IP: 12.208.162.157

Can you me me with a test administrator login, and I'll try to get the same thing to happen to me?

-[Unknown]

ComputerLady

Wow! Didn't notice this announcement the other day. Think before I invest too much more time in trying to build a custom template, I better install this. If I'm going to take the time to do that, I might as well start from something that is going to work for a while. (Yes, I'll make a backup first, and list of the packages I've installed before doing update. Some of which are probably not going to be needed now!) 

I've seen some of Grudge's posts, and wish him all the best in the future. The same for everyone on the SMF team, actually! Speaking personally, I've been very impressed with all the help provided here and tone taken.  :-*

Having some trouble figuring out how to say what I'm trying to say... I've been working as a web designer for over 10 years now, but have only recently begun working on the programming side of things. (Just finished my BSIT degree at end of July.)

The importance of training & support in the world of IT cannot be understated! I don't care how much experience someone has, whenever you're dealing with something new or outside of your 'comfort zone' area, questions are bound to come up. I really appreciate the existence of this forum, and would probably not be so happy about SMF if it didn't exist.

And, before anyone asks, I probably will become a charter member in the near future. Going to wait a bit longer until I know a little bit more about what I'm doing within SMF!
The Computer Lady!
Design Works Internet - CEBUG
Custom Web Design & Programming, Video Tutorials

huzursuz

Hi all SMF lovers... Thanks to the SMF development team. I'm glad to hear that SMF 1.1 RC1 released. But I want to ask a question: I'm using SMF 1.1 BP3 and I've made lots of changes to the template files such as adding and Google AdSense banner, adding extra buttons to the top menu , etc. I mean my index.template.php, display.template.php, etc. are not same as the first time I installed 1.1 BP3. I installed new RC1 to my local machine , to my PHP server and I liked it. If I upgrade my forum on the web, will I have to make those changes again to all template files??? Thanks for your answers...

Sincerely...

Advertisement: