Tabbed Categories

Started by NanoSector, June 16, 2013, 08:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaryLouW

Well, I guess you can have a pass on this.  It's so important to get a good education, especially in these times.   There are so many people in the world and the job market is slim so only the top notch people get hired.  You've got a few years to go before you have to worry about a job but in the meantime, get the best education you can.  It will pay off in the end and we can live without tabs. :)

Jeff B

That's okay, we'll just remind you the next time you get a break. ;) :)

vkash13

Hi, I am getting failed test messages when I am trying to install this mod. My boardindex.template.php is attached. could you please help me out? thanks!

SaltedWeb

Can you provide SMF version and any mods you have installed ?
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

NanoSector

And also which tests did fail?
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

vkash13

Hi, I have SMF 2.0.9.

Attached is a list of mods and the tests which failed. The template.php file that I attached earlier is for the Chalk theme. Please let me know if anything else is needed.

vkash13

NanoSector

Sorry I haven't really had time to look at this yet,I'll try to fix something up today.
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

vkash13

Quote from: NanoSector on October 29, 2014, 03:14:13 AM
Sorry I haven't really had time to look at this yet,I'll try to fix something up today.

sounds great. thanks

NanoSector

Try this one. Sorry for not replying earlier.

vkash13

hi thanks for your reply. unfortunately, im still getting the same failed tests when i try to install the mod. however, now even without the mod, my categories are appearing differently. please see attachment

NanoSector

Yeah, you should continue installing the mod, ignoring the errors as the edits have been made. Then it'll work fine :)

vkash13

Quote from: NanoSector on October 29, 2014, 04:48:43 PM
Yeah, you should continue installing the mod, ignoring the errors as the edits have been made. Then it'll work fine :)

it worked! and its a beauty haha. but it doesnt go along with my theme anymore. is this normal?

NanoSector

That's normal in the stock configuration. With the "latest" version, there is one global theme for the tabs applied in every smf theme.

Can you supply a link to your site, please?

NanoSector

Took a peek at your site and, sorry to say, this is the best that this version can be skinned to suit your theme. The EasyTabs version is more skinnable (is that a word?) yet not ready for use and will probably be a paid mod as well.

vkash13

Thanks for your reply. If I hired someone to work on the mod, would they be able to fix it up for me?

NanoSector

With enough force, everything can be shaped in the way you want :)

vkash13

Quote from: NanoSector on October 30, 2014, 03:31:45 PM
With enough force, everything can be shaped in the way you want :)

That's what I like to hear :) Would you or anyone you know be able to help? Feel free to PM me

NanoSector

Feel free to post a topic here:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=50.0

I'm very short in time lately, so I unfortunately can't help you out.

vkash13

Quote from: NanoSector on October 31, 2014, 02:37:59 AM
Feel free to post a topic here:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=50.0

I'm very short in time lately, so I unfortunately can't help you out.

Posted. Thanks

Advertisement: