News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

URL Popup

Started by Arantor, February 03, 2014, 01:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Link to Mod

When posting in the editor, the URL bbcode is often considered unfriendly. This mod modifies it so that instead of just adding [url][/url] tags in the editor area, it prompts the user for a website address and optional name and then inserts the relevant bbcode for it.

It does not attempt to modify the WYSIWYG behaviour (but then again, the WYSIWYG behaviour is intentionally different; you're supposed to write the text, then highlight it before pressing the button to make it a link anyway)

Released under the CC0 licence

meetdilip

Arantor

The really odd thing is I wrote this almost 4 years ago just never published it here...

Jeffrey King

NekoJonez

I don't get this working nicely.
Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

Arantor

I don't know what you mean.

NekoJonez

When I click on the URL button, I don't get the pop-up. And I don't get the description thing.

Twitter
My Blog

Arantor

NekoJonez

No. But when I use it, it only give me the normal pop up and not for the description .

Twitter
My Blog

Arantor

That sounds like you're using WYSIWYG...

NekoJonez

I see. Well, maybe I might try to install this mod again.

Twitter
My Blog

Arantor

Or you could turn off WYSIWYG. Here's the thing: the little arrow on the far right, blue arrow inside red [] symbols, is that on or off? If it's on, you're in WYSIWYG and the mod does not touch WYSIWYG for good reason (because you're supposed to highlight text and press URL in WYSIWYG mode)

von COLLINZO

Nice mod, Sir Cumber....

Been looking for a way to get this fixed in my forum.....thanks alot! :D

AllMassive

Finally there it is - thank you !

Mr.Truckman

ApplianceJunk

Mike L

GREAT!! One of the little things I missed now I'm using SMF.

Just one question: can anyone tell me what "Prevent this page from creating additional dialogues" means in practice, and if there's a best choice?

Cheers  :)

margarett

That's a Firefox thing, totally unrelated to this MOD. I think it detects a certain number of JS messages and asks you if you want to now show them anymore.
But this MOD (or SMF itself, for the same reason) have nothing to do with it.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Arantor

Not *totally* unrelated because the URL prompt itself is one of those 'additional dialogues' it talks about. There are people out there who thought it would be funny to lock a browser up with infinite loops of such prompts.

Just don't prevent the page while you're posting to SMF, because you should not need to do so.

IMSassafras

I am not able to get it to work.  I checked to see if I was doing it right.  Not using WYSIWYG.  Trying to select text and click the url button.  And trying to click the url button and write text.  No pop up appears.  The only time a box appears is when I am in WYSIWYG mode which has nothing to do with your mod.  I checked by uninstalling.

Is there a trick?

Sass
It is not for him to pride himself who loveth his own country, but rather for him who loveth the whole world. The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens. ~ Bahá'u'lláh

Advertisement: