Previous topic - Next topic

Dragooon

@mentions tag mod
Link to mod
By: Dragooon (mail[at]dragooon.net)
Licensed under: Simplified BSD (2-Clause) License
Source: http://github.com/Dragooon/smf-mentions

About

Allows members to tag others via @<username>, shows up under Profile and members can set to be notified via e-mail. Adds a new permission enabling membergroups to be granted permission to mention others. Supports active suggestions while mentioning in posts as well as quick reply.

Third party libraries

• Caret.js: Library for handling caret position, and offset relative to the document. Licensed under the MIT license
  • At.js: Autocomplete library for handling mentions, emoticons etc. Licensed under the MIT license

Changelog

Version 1.1.2:
- Some JS fixes
- Add option to enable mention's emails for existing users

Version 1.1.1:
- Fix for saving admin settings
- Fix for mentions after editing post
- (Potential) fix for suggestions not working

Version 1.1:
- Add active suggestions while mentioning someone, works in quick reply as well as full post page (normal and WYSIWYG editor).
- Add Scheduled Task for removing seen mentions before specified days
- Allow setting whether e-mail mentions should be enabled by default or not (defaulted to enable)
- Fix for making mentions case insensitive (@admin = @AdMIn = @adMIN =@Admin)
- Support names with "@" in them, simply mention them normally (@Test@member will work fine)
- Some code cleanup

Apostaganha

this is brutal, unfortunatly doesnt work for user with usernames with spaces and users with usernames with spaces, dots etc...

Dragooon

It does? At least it should, did you try?

Apostaganha

Quote from: Dragooon on May 02, 2014, 03:01:24 PM
It does? At least it should, did you try?

yes :s

how do you mention a user with a strange username like "Brunó Algum"?

Dragooon

Simply @Brunó Algum should do the trick? Are you sure that doesn't work?

EDIT: Just tried with the same username on localhost, worked just fine for me. Make sure the name is exactly the same and the user can see the post he/she is being mentioned in and that you're not mentioning yourself

Dragooon

Quote from: Apostaganha on May 02, 2014, 03:26:15 PM
YOU ARE RIGHT IT WORKS!

man this ir so brutalllll
Awesome! Glad you like it, still needs a little work since currently it requires username to be exactly the same (even case).

Dragooon

Quote from: Apostaganha on May 02, 2014, 03:29:56 PM
how do you delete your mentions from the list?
Oh...you don't :P. I didn't add any delete functionality, if the post is gone the mention won't show up though.

Dragooon

Quote from: Apostaganha on May 02, 2014, 03:34:05 PM
it will be hudge in my forum in a couple of days :s
It's a paginated list, if that's what you're worried about. And I don't think it should cause performance issues, but if it does I can create a scheduled task to routinely delete seen mentions after a while.

Apostaganha

is there an option to force everyone to receive the emais by default? and turn off if they want to?

Dragooon

Quote from: Apostaganha on May 02, 2014, 03:38:48 PM
is there an option to force everyone to receive the emais by default?
Hm, not at the moment. You can do run these queries and force them manually if you really wish to
ALTER TABLE smf_members MODIFY email_mentions tinyint(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT 1;
UPDATE smf_members SET email_mentions = 1;

4Kstore

Quote from: Apostaganha on May 02, 2014, 04:10:38 PM
ty Dragooon, this plugin its awesome, great work, Thanks!

x2! great job man!

¡¡NEW MOD: Sparkles User Names!!!

Antes

Thanks for the release, you're awesome! :)

iorkara

Awesome! I've been looking for something like this, good work mate. I might just wait for next update that allows admin to enable all users to receive an email by default.

Realinfo

seems good, but tell that, It aromatically suggest some tag names ( like in Facebook) or we have to add manually only

Gluz

As I said in the other thread, works like a charm, just missing that feature the username suggestion(I taught that is was already implemented .__.), and it would be great that one can delete the mentions already seen in own profiles, just like the PMs.

Also I'm interested in the scheduled task to delete seen mentions, and keep only unseen for that users who disappear for long time.

Dragooon

Real time suggestions thing is something I plan on doing, I haven't abandoned the idea (it's not hard actually, I just didn't get the time).

Advertisement: