Post and PM Inline Attachments

Started by dougiefresh, July 26, 2014, 09:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GL700Wing

Uploaded v7.05 - October 19, 2021
o Updated ./Sources/Subs-InlineAttachmentsAdmin.php to fix error condition that occurred when settings were saved.

Note: If you have already installed v7.04 of this mod you can upgrade to v7.05 without the need to uninstall v7.04.
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

rcane

Good morning,

I have seen this error across many users when I'm tracking posts.

HI there,

Been using the mod for a while now (few months).  I've got around 900 users now, and I started seeing this today from one particular user:

Unable to load the 'PMAttachments.english' language file.

Any guidance or ideas?

GL700Wing

Quote from: rcane on December 01, 2021, 09:00:15 AMGood morning,

I have seen this error across many users when I'm tracking posts.

HI there,

Been using the mod for a while now (few months).  I've got around 900 users now, and I started seeing this today from one particular user:

Unable to load the 'PMAttachments.english' language file.

Any guidance or ideas?

The issue you're reporting is not for this mod - it's for the 'PM Attachments' mod.

Make sure the relevant English language files exist - including the 'utf8' version if you're forum has been converted to UTF - in the languages directory/folder and that the files have the correct access permissions.

andy12gr

After install this mod i have in the end of any post the below message
the problem is the theme manas not the default
my site is https://stray-animals.com
An Error Has Occurred!
Call to undefined function loadreactionemojis

look at one of post
https://stray-animals.com/index.php?topic=270.0

GL700Wing

Quote from: andy12gr on March 19, 2022, 05:21:07 AMAfter install this mod i have in the end of any post the below message
the problem is the theme manas not the default
my site is https://stray-animals.com
An Error Has Occurred!
Call to undefined function loadreactionemojis

look at one of post
https://stray-animals.com/index.php?topic=270.0
The issue you're reporting is not for this mod - it's for the 'SMF Versatile Post Reactions' mod (and I suspect it's being caused by that mod not being correctly installed/uninstalled) ...

andy12gr

FrizzleFried

If this mod could somehow be transitioned to 2.1.1 it would be VERY helpful.

I have 10 years or so of this mods tags thrown throughout the forum.  Updating to 2.1.1. broke `em all. 

Frankly,  I'm not sure why the team decided NOT to go with this route for 2.1.1... but they didn't... and as a result there are thousands of pages on my forum with bogus tags and images sitting down in the bottom of the posts.

Any chance this mod gets updated to work with 2.1.1?

GL700Wing

Quote from: FrizzleFried on March 19, 2022, 09:22:45 AMIf this mod could somehow be transitioned to 2.1.1 it would be VERY helpful.

I have 10 years or so of this mods tags thrown throughout the forum.  Updating to 2.1.1. broke `em all. 

Frankly,  I'm not sure why the team decided NOT to go with this route for 2.1.1... but they didn't... and as a result there are thousands of pages on my forum with bogus tags and images sitting down in the bottom of the posts.

Any chance this mod gets updated to work with 2.1.1?
@FrizzleFried  I hadn't planned on updating this mod for 2.1.x because that release already has an inline attachments feature ...

However, I hadn't considered what would happen with the existing ILA BBCode tags created by this mod when a forum is upgraded from 2.0.x to 2.1.x but clearly there is a need for an updated version of this mod even if only to display the existing ILA BBCode tags correctly (and to renumber/delete them when an attachment is removed).

I've started looking into what's involved in creating a new version specifically for 2.1.x but due to the attachments handling process in 2.1.x being so different to 2.0.x, plus some other mods that also need updating for 2.1.1, plus some planned leave I have for the next two weeks, it will probably take me until mid-late April to have something ready.

FrizzleFried

Take your time... we'll live with the tags for now...

:)

Thank you!

andy12gr

I cant see the first photos in posts when i put link from my site to facebook, i hope you understand my poor english.
This problem is from facebook or mod? (all my photos in posts are attachments)

Thanks for mod is great!!

GL700Wing

Version v7.06 - April 22, 2022
o Added support for SMF 2.1 (NOTE:  SMF 2.1 will NOT be supported for inserting attachments inline by this mod):
  - Provide backward display and print page compatability for ILA BBCodes in existing posts of forums that used this mod prior to being upgraded from SMF 2.0; and
  - Add Print Page image layout/formatting the same as when this mod was installed on SMF 2.0.

o SMF 2.1: Important note for forums that used this mod with SMF 2.0
  - Unfortunately, and because a message may contain a mix of ILA BBCodes and native SMF 2.1 BBCodes for attachments that are inserted inline, it is not possible to remove an obsolete ILA BBCode (eg, [attach id=4 msg=5678]) from the body of a message when an attachment is deleted.
    Therefore, if an attachment that was inserted inline into a message by this mod is subsequently deleted the message must be saved and then edited again to remove the ILA BBCode that refers to the deleted attachment (eg, [attach id=4 msg=5678]) before more attachment are added to the message.
    If this procedure isn't followed the text "[ Invalid Attachment ]" may appear when the message is displayed/printed and/or if another attachment is added it will be displayed/printed in the message using the ILA BBCode (eg, [attach id=4 msg=5678]) that refers to the deleted attachment.

o Fixed bug introduced in v7.03 that prevented the (Insert Attachment N) link being displayed for second and subsequent attachments in PMs (only relevant if PM Attachments mod is installed).

o Fix for 'Undefined index: webm' error in ./Sources/Subs-InlineAttachments.php.

o Added support for 'SCEditor Integration for SMF 2.0.x' mod.

FrizzleFried

To be clear... you do not plan to implement ILA attachments for 2.1.1 ever with this mod... it's just more or less to clean up the tags for the 2.0.x sites that upgraded?

If this is correct... I must admit I am a little disappointed.  If I am not,  please clarify.

Thanks!

:)

GL700Wing

Quote from: FrizzleFried on April 22, 2022, 12:53:52 AMTo be clear... you do not plan to implement ILA attachments for 2.1.1 ever with this mod... it's just more or less to clean up the tags for the 2.0.x sites that upgraded?

If this is correct... I must admit I am a little disappointed.  If I am not,  please clarify.
Yes - because inline tags are a standard feature of SMF 2.1 so I don't see any point in trying to duplicate something that is already there ...

FrizzleFried

I'd argue that your system is more intuitive and takes up much less "real estate" especially when dealing with many large images.  It's a preference thing.  Just know that you'd have at least one download if you were to implement your system in to 2.1.1...

FrizzleFried

...oh,  and of course there is no attachments in 2.1.x PM's...

GL700Wing

Quote from: FrizzleFried on April 22, 2022, 01:08:53 AMI'd argue that your system is more intuitive and takes up much less "real estate" especially when dealing with many large images.  It's a preference thing.  Just know that you'd have at least one download if you were to implement your system in to 2.1.1...
Sorry to disappoint but I think it's beyond me to rewrite this mod to replace the attachment upload and inline insert system used by SMF 2.1 - plus of course there would be the need for ongoing support and updates when a new version of SMF 2.1 is released.

Quote from: FrizzleFried on April 22, 2022, 01:09:28 AM...oh,  and of course there is no attachments in 2.1.x PM's...
True - but that was done by a different mod in SMF 2.0 anyway ...

FrizzleFried

Well... life goes on.  Maybe someone will come by and improve the current inline attachment system.

I've asked a couple times but no one has answered.  Any idea why we need that extra "UPLOAD" step in the current system?   When selecting a file,  it should upload automatically.  Requiring that extra step (pushing the upload button) adds confusion... (of course once you do it once right the confusion ends)... and an extra step... and I don't know about you but I know I am tired as hell (in work) being forced in to a new software solution (I know,  I am not being forced with 2.1.x... just follow me because you know what I am talking about)....ahem... FORCED in to a new software solution that requires 5 clicks to do what you used to do in 2...

:D

And get off my lawn!!!

;)

Arantor

I don't get why the extra click either to be honest.

FrizzleFried

With my 2.1.1 site... do i need to do something to get this to work?   Do I need to run that script that I need to put my site in the maintenance mode to run?

I ask as I did install... no issues... but none of my inline attachment links are showing the inline attachments...

They remain at the bottom as "normal"...

FrizzleFried

I am also getting this error from what I believe is the auto-rotate mod once I installed this mod...

I had none prior... and the errors appeared just after installing.

Here is the error... I can't say if it's related 100% or not but I suspect it is.

:(

8: Undefined index: thumb_mime
Backtrace:

#0: smf_error_handler()
Called from /home/ahaforum/public_html/Sources/Subs-AutoRotation.php on line 490
#1: AutoRotation_DisplayDownload()
Called from /home/ahaforum/public_html/Sources/Subs-Attachments.php on line 1284
#2: loadAttachmentContext()
Called from /home/ahaforum/public_html/Sources/Subs-InlineAttachments.php on line 334
#3: ILA_Post_Attachments()
Called from /home/ahaforum/public_html/Sources/Subs-InlineAttachments.php on line 166
#4: ILA_Setup()
Called from /home/ahaforum/public_html/Sources/Subs.php on line 2577
#5: parse_bbc()
Called from /home/ahaforum/public_html/Sources/Class-SimTopics.php on line 261
#6: checkTopicsOnDisplay()
Called from /home/ahaforum/public_html/Sources/Class-SimTopics.php on line 53
#7: menuButtons()
Called from /home/ahaforum/public_html/Sources/Subs.php on line 5768
#8: call_integration_hook()
Called from /home/ahaforum/public_html/Sources/Subs.php on line 5573
#9: setupMenuContext()
Called from /home/ahaforum/public_html/Sources/Subs.php on line 4351