News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF 2.1-style Admin Area (SMF 2.0.x Only)

Started by dougiefresh, August 20, 2014, 07:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougiefresh

Link to Mod

SMF 2.1-STYLE ADMIN AREA v1.11
By Dougiefresh -> Link to Mod

Introduction
This mod reorganizes the layout of SMF v2.0.x's Admin area so that it closely matches SMF 2.1 Alpha 1's menu, as of July 28, 2014.  It also rewrites the "Adminstration Center" page to look like SMF 2.1 Alpha 1....

Most of the modifications are to Admin.php and Admin.template.php, with a few other edits to make the moved menu entries work.

In SMF 2.1 Alpha 1, there is no Core Features page.  Those settings have been migrated to the individual pages to enable/disable the feature.  These modifications are not duplicated, as they would add MUCH, MUCH more code to the admin area....

Related Discussion
Thinking about Reorganizing SMF 2.0.x's Admin Area

Menu Changes Involved
o Configuration => Security and Moderation is now hidden.
o Added Configuration => Anti-Spam (from Configuration => Security and Moderation)
o Added Forum => Attachments & Avatars => Attachment Directories
o Moved Bulletin Board Code from Forum => Posts & Topics to Configuration => Features & Options
o Moved Members => Search Engines to Forum => Search Engines
o Moved Configuration => Server Settings to Maintenance => Server Settings
o Moved Configuration => Security and Moderation => Moderation Settings to Members => Warnings
o Calling Configuration => Security and Moderation subsections via url redirects to correct location
o Calling Forum => Posts & Topics => Bulletin Board Code via url redirects to correct location
o Moved Configuration => Modification Settings => Integration Hooks to Maintenance -> Forum Maintenance
o Added Maintenance => Server Settings => PHP Info using SMF 2.1's code....

Third Party Graphics (borrowed from SMF 2.1)
Crystal Project Icons | These icons are licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public Licence

Compatibility Notes
This mod was tested on SMF 2.0.10, but should work on earlier versions of SMF 2.0.x.  SMF 1.x and all versions of SMF 2.1 are not and will not be supported.

Integration Hooks Report can be installed at any time.

Changelog
The changelog can be viewed at XPtsp.com.

License
The PHPInfo template code, source code, CSS style was copied from SMF 2.1 Alpha 1 under the BSD license.

Copyright (c) 2015 - 2018, Douglas Orend
All rights reserved.

Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.

2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

kat

Installed without any hassles and works a treat (SMF v2.0.9-ish).

Good one, again, Dougie!

Arantor

Nice job.

Technically if you followed the code that was put in, the only images used would be Crystal Project ones; Oxygen is used for the avatars in 2.1 and Fugue is used for some smileys and some menu stuff, but not for the main admin area.

dougiefresh

Quote from: ‽ on August 21, 2014, 10:39:23 AM
Nice job.

Technically if you followed the code that was put in, the only images used would be Crystal Project ones; Oxygen is used for the avatars in 2.1 and Fugue is used for some smileys and some menu stuff, but not for the main admin area.
Thank you.  I'll update the mod to reflect this information....

EDIT: Mod has been updated to reflect this information.  Thanks, ‽ !!

Quote from: K@ on August 21, 2014, 10:35:18 AM
Installed without any hassles and works a treat (SMF v2.0.9-ish).
:o SMF v2.0.9-ish?  You've got my curiosity up when you mention that.....  :P

Steve

A certain special few get an advanced copy of the next release for testing I assume. :P
DO NOT pm me for support!

Arantor

I think it's a good thing that some long-standing issues are getting tackled. I'm a fan of bug-fix releases and I'm quite pleased in general that the cycle of 'only ever doing security fixes' was broken to include legitimate bug fixes too.

As to 'special few', the team all get access to patches before deployment for testing. I've also been known to have the odd pre-release slung my way for testing, but not on this occasion, not that I've had the time to really look at it anyway.

Masterd

Another great mod, dougie! You're really good at this.

2.0.9??? ??? Well, a new version is certainly a good thing.

Steve

Quote from: ‽ on August 22, 2014, 08:29:54 PMAs to 'special few' ...

I should have put quotes around it as well. It was said with tongue-in-cheek. I know most if not all the team gets an advanced copy for testing ... :D
DO NOT pm me for support!

Arantor

All the team should have access to the board where such things are discussed. I, however, am not a team member, so I don't get privileged access - and on this one they're more than capable of fixing it themselves (seeing how I know two of the things to be fixed because I'm the discoverer)

dougiefresh

Arantor

Eh, there's nothing seriously exciting in 2.0.9. A few bug fixes, one of which stems back years and no-one noticed before, so I don't think it ever bit anyone before but I thought it should be fixed.

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.1 - November 1st, 2014
o Fixed some language string issues

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.2 - November 2nd, 2014
o Fixed missing global variable declaration within ManageServer.php...

Masterd

Link in the first post points to Better Profile Menu. ???

Rumpa

Quote from: Masterd on November 03, 2014, 10:43:28 AM
Link in the first post points to Better Profile Menu. ???

yes it's redirect to "Better Profile Menu"

dougiefresh

Thank you for pointing that out.  It's been fixed in both the first post and the mod itself!

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.3 - November 6th, 2014
o Fixed an issue with the Warnings section being shown when it isn't enabled....

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.4 - November 8th, 2014
o Minor changes to give httpBL, Forum Firewall and Bad Behavior mods icons in the Admin Area
o Added code to move Integration Hooks Report mod to the Maintenance -> Forum Maintenance area.

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.5 - November 11th, 2014
o Added code to duplicate SMF 2.1's PHP Info screen in Maintenance => Server Settings => PHP Info....
o Fixed code for saving settings within Configuration => Anti-Spam...
o Fixed code for saving settings within Maintenance => Server Settings => Security...
o Fixed code for saving settings within Members => Warnings...

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.6 - November 15th, 2014
o Fixed potential "missing file" problem with uninstalling mod.

Advertisement: