News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF Post Prefix

Started by Diego Andrés, May 11, 2015, 10:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jammydodge

Hi can we change the order of the prefixes in the site search function? They are displayed by prefix ID rather than name.

jammydodge

Also is it correct that the prefix mod does not work for guests? I'd rather it did  ;D By not working, I mean the filter doesn't show up, nor does the list of prefixes in the search function. My install of the mod was a bit hacky but after checking the code I can't see any errors.

landyvlad

G'day

I've been getting a lot of these

http://gsx1400owners.org/forum/index.php?action=search2
8: Undefined index: id_prefixApply
File: /home3/gsxowner/public_html/forum/Sources/Search.php
Line: 2013

This seems to be slightly different to errors noted previously though same file, different line number.

Would the fix still be as per GL700Wing's suggestion here:
https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=536401.msg3931072#msg3931072
?

-----

forum: http://gsx1400owners.org/forum
PHP 5.6
SMF ver 2.0.15  (recent upgrade from 2.0.13)
SMF Post Prefix ver 2.0.3
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

juliereader

got this error with 2.0.15

Replace    ./Sources/Subs-Post.php    Test failed

juliereader

Any help with this mod ?

Replace    ./Sources/Subs-Post.php    Test failed

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: juliereader on February 14, 2018, 08:08:38 AM
Any help with this mod ?

Simply the mod does not find the line that was specified for the change possibly by another modification what is altering it must only do the manual modification of the file and then proceed to install it ...

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

juliereader

Quote from: Rock Lee on February 14, 2018, 08:23:36 AM
Quote from: juliereader on February 14, 2018, 08:08:38 AM
Any help with this mod ?

Simply the mod does not find the line that was specified for the change possibly by another modification what is altering it must only do the manual modification of the file and then proceed to install it ...

Regards!

can you please explain a little bit more..what to do where to edit etc

i am not good with coding :)

Steve

On the test failed line to the left is a clipboard icon. Click it and a new window will open showing you what it's looking for in that file and what it wants to replace it with.

You might want to read this: http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Error_in_mod_installation
DO NOT pm me for support!

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: juliereader on February 14, 2018, 08:48:20 AM
can you please explain a little bit more..what to do where to edit etc

i am not good with coding :)

Ah excuse the step to the biggest before going to the file you mark and then edit it with some editor by the notebook exemplko ++ or the editor that gives you the cocktail if you do it online ...

$topicOptions['sticky_mode'] !== null || $topicOptions['lock_mode'] !== null || $topicOptions['poll'] !== null
change it for
$topicOptions['sticky_mode'] !== null || $topicOptions['lock_mode'] !== null || $topicOptions['poll'] !== null || $topicOptions['id_prefix'] != null

id_poll = {raw:id_poll}
change it for
id_prefix = {raw:id_prefix}, id_poll = {raw:id_poll}

But attach your ./Sources/Subs-Post.php because they are several modifications, but looking at the parse of the mod you can see in this same site of mods and go see line by line ...

Regards!

¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

landyvlad

Is there a version of this mod for SMF 2.1 on the way ?  Please !

This is the MOST functional mod I have on my forum.
I NEED it, I love it. My members love it, and use it.
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Diego Andrés

Quote from: landyvlad on March 14, 2018, 11:41:30 PM
Is there a version of this mod for SMF 2.1 on the way ?  Please !

This is the MOST functional mod I have on my forum.
I NEED it, I love it. My members love it, and use it.

Not atm, but eventually once the RC1 is released.

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

landyvlad

glamfelix

So, I am using 2.0.11 and these tests fail:
./Sources/ManagePermissions.php
./Sources/Subs-Post.php
./Sources/MessageIndex.php

I went ahead (After backing up lol) and installed to see what would happen, and the prefix itself worked, however what happened was all of our boards that were children of another could not be linked to. Their links just took to a blank screen. The threads within could be accessed but only via a direct link rather than the board display. Do you know what causes that problem?

Kindred

You have to manually apply the code tha failed to auto install.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

njtweb

I have the subs-recent test failure.

The manual change instructs to find this

m.poster_time, m.subject, m.id_topic, m.id_member, m.id_msg,

In my subs-recent file it looks like this.

m.poster_time, ms.subject, m.id_topic, m.id_member, m.id_msg, b.id_board, b.name AS board_name,

I am currently running 2.0.15

Kindred

looks like another mod may have already added extra code...  which is the typical issue.

so, manually make the changes.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

njtweb

Quote from: Kindred on May 11, 2018, 09:55:30 AM
looks like another mod may have already added extra code...  which is the typical issue.

so, manually make the changes.

The only problem I see is in my subs.recent code it says ms.subject, (below)

m.poster_time, [b]ms.subject,[/b] m.id_topic, m.id_member, m.id_msg, b.id_board, b.name AS board_name,

The manual change for the mod tells me to look for the code below but the code below doesn't have ms.subject and neither does the manual update it says to change to. I'm guessing whatever other mod I have changed m.subject to ms.subject and I can't change that or it'll break something??
m.poster_time, m.subject, m.id_topic, m.id_member, m.id_msg,

Kindred

that would likely be correct.
Слaва
Украинi

njtweb

Quote from: Kindred on May 11, 2018, 12:29:12 PM
that would likely be correct.

Ok good. Glad I didn't change anything then. I'll just prefix posts people make for tournaments, clinics or tryouts on my own by editing them.

Thanks again!

Advertisement: