SMF Post Prefix

Started by Diego Andrés, May 11, 2015, 10:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

landyvlad

You mean more than one prefix per thread title? That'd be a visual nightmare IMHO.
It's not designed as a tag system which seems like what you are wanting.
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

landyvlad

A note of thanks to Diego Andrés

Diego, aside from anti-spam,  this is hands down the most useful mod I have on my forum.  It's perfect for my forum with technical threads, how to's, and the sale forums as well.

Let's just say that I won't be upgrading to 2.1 until (and unless) a 2.1 version is ultimately available. :D

(Fully understand you'd want to wait until RC at least, before tackling that). This is just encouragement to assure you it will be worthwhile :)

Thanks again.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

StarredSkies

Yep, exactly what I meant. Visual nightmare indeed haha.

<333 thank you

Dreadaxe

Quote from: StarredSkies on August 04, 2018, 06:51:52 PMSide note: Is there any possibility of adding the option to have more than one prefix in the future? This would be SUPER helpful.
Approved this idea too

Diego Andrés

I've thought about the multiple prefixes.
It's possible but that would turn it into a label mod or similar.
Could be included as a feature or a whole different thing.

Quote from: landyvlad on August 08, 2018, 02:21:14 AM
A note of thanks to Diego Andrés

(Fully understand you'd want to wait until RC at least, before tackling that). This is just encouragement to assure you it will be worthwhile :)

Thanks again.

Thanks a lot.
A version for 2.1 is already done for the most part since this mod uses hooks, but of course it's been a while so I'll have to update it again. But yes, won't be available until the RC version of 2.1 :P

About the issue mentioned I haven't been ale to reproduce it but there might be something so I'll try to do some more tests.

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

jack208

Quote from: Diego Andrés on August 14, 2018, 03:54:09 PM
About the issue mentioned I haven't been ale to reproduce it but there might be something so I'll try to do some more tests.
Would getting access to my site helps?

StarredSkies

That'd definitely be a helpful modification... maybe in the future? ;)

Cathal

Is it possible to remove the option of no prefix so they have to select a prefix - I have a coupla forums where they should select a prefix

Diego Andrés

Quote from: Cathal on September 07, 2018, 04:59:41 PM
Is it possible to remove the option of no prefix so they have to select a prefix - I have a coupla forums where they should select a prefix

Put those boards in the require prefix section and it will force users to select one.

Regards

Cathal

Quote from: Diego Andrés on September 07, 2018, 09:44:13 PM

Put those boards in the require prefix section and it will force users to select one.

Regards

I have the board selected under that section but still get No Prefix option

GL700Wing

Yes - I've done this on my forums for the same reason (it didn't make sense to me to have a 'No Prefix' option if a prefix is required - as opposed to being optional - for a specific board).

In ./Themes/default/Post.template.php
Find:
<select name="id_prefix" id="id_prefix">
<optgroup label="', $txt['PostPrefix_select_prefix'], '">
<option value="0"', ($context['id_prefix'] == 0) ? ' selected' : '' ,'>', $txt['PostPrefix_prefix_none'], '</option>';

Replace With:
<select name="id_prefix" id="id_prefix">',
// Only add the "[No Prefix]" option if a prefix is NOT required.
($_SESSION['require_prefix'] == 0) ? '<optgroup label="' . $txt['PostPrefix_select_prefix'] . '">
<option value="0"' . ($context['id_prefix'] == 0) ? ' selected' : '' . '>' . $txt['PostPrefix_prefix_none'] . '</option>' : '';

Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

Cathal

Thanks GL700Wing, that's done the job

Cathal

Is it possible to have groups of prefixes i.e. for one board  there is certain prefixes but for another board there is another group of prefixes

StarredSkies

If you mean dedicating a certain prefix to a certain board, yes. When adding your prefix, click on the 'Usable in:' option and select the board you would like to use that prefix in. Repeat this step with the others.

landyvlad

Quote from: Diego Andrés on August 14, 2018, 03:54:09 PM

A version for 2.1 is already done for the most part since this mod uses hooks, but of course it's been a while so I'll have to update it again. But yes, won't be available until the RC version of 2.1 :P

Hmm RC1 is happening (admittedly it's not the ACTUAL RC1 it's the nightly github updates BUT it's getting close) so have you considered releasing a 2.1 version as a test/beta  version ?

Diego Andrés

I will release it once I get a chance to update the build, shouldn't take that long.

Regards

landyvlad

Cool thanks for letting me know.
It's one of my "must have" mods it's fantastic 👍

landyvlad

Woohoo - RC1 formally released !

Waiting with bated breath

I'm just keen, but not expecting you to drop everything to update the mod.
"It'll happen when it happens" is fine by me mate :)

Diego Andrés

Yeah, hopefully this month  :P

landyvlad

Advertisement: