News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

The SMF project welcomes Suki as the new PM!

Started by Kindred, February 17, 2016, 07:58:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

.aura.

congra's Suki, wishing you the best in this new role, these types of jobs are thankless in many ways, please know you are all appreciated by many of us.

Suki

Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

DeathSign

Colin

Congratulations on your appointment and thank you for your continued commitment to the project, Suki. I genuinely look forward to the energy and direction you will bring to the project in your new role. All the best.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Deaks

Quote from: Shambles on February 18, 2016, 03:19:00 AM
It's always good to keep freshening things up.

But what does this mean to the general public, to which this notice is targeted? Will anything change?

We have a dev now being PM, so either a decrease in PM duties or development (granted PM does not have as much control as you would think!)
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

AllMassive

Suki

Quote from: Shambles on February 18, 2016, 03:19:00 AM
It's always good to keep freshening things up.

But what does this mean to the general public, to which this notice is targeted? Will anything change?

HI shambles.

Answering your concrete question,  the pm role will not change,  just the person behind it,  as you know every person is different and has different styles,  different ideas,  different approaches etc.

Can't punctually say what's gonna change and I don't want people to think that things are going to dramatically change because that's simple not feasible. A new person in the pm role is a refreshment,  a "change of batteries" if you want to put it that way.

I tend to focus on dev matters and this change will allow me to bring together both roles,  pm and dev, making some process easier and less cumbersome for everyone involved.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Snrj

br360

To reiterate what others have already said; congrats Suki, and thank you for taking on the challenge. Thanks to kindred also for devoting so much time over the last few years as well.

You both are appreciated. :)

lntit

Jade Elizabeth

Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Ricky.

maximus23

Pas de support par PM ou Courrier...Veuillez utiliser le forum pour vous avoir une réponse rapide à votre demande d'aide. Merci.
Amitiés et à Bientôt...
No support by PM or Mail...You will get better and faster responses in the support forums. Thank you.
Have a nice day...

usman4864

Campanule

Congratulations to the new PM and a big thank you to Kindred  :)

Robert.

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Mstcool

Suki

Advertisement: