Test Upgrade 2.0 to 2.1 MySQL version does not meet the minimum requirements

Started by @rjen, January 07, 2017, 10:50:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@rjen

Not sure if I am doing something wrong, or if it is a software problem.

A while ago I upgraded a test version of my forum to SMF version 2.1. I have been testing with this forum, and have refreshed the files a few times to the latest set from Github. All working fine.
I am seeing some funny things in the post text related to chraracter set changes (één showing as.. één.) and decided to build a new test forum as a new upgrade from 2.0.13.

I followed the procedure, using a new 2.0.13 test install copy of my forum and uploading the new 2.1 files.

Starting the upgrade I immediately run into errors:

Warning
: mysql_get_server_info() [
function.mysql-get-server-info
]: Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in
/home/deb77453/domains/fjr-club.nl/public_html/test2/upgrade.php(2079) : eval()'d code
on line

Warning
: mysql_get_server_info() [
function.mysql-get-server-info
]: A link to the server could not be established in
/home/deb77453/domains/fjr-club.nl/public_html/test2/upgrade.php(2079) : eval()'d code
on line

And the screen shows as in attachment..
At the bottom I get this error: Your MySQL version does not meet the minimum requirements of SMF.

I checked my host and it is running: PHP Version 5.3.29, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.8-dev - 20102224
So as far as I can see the minimum reqs are met, and my other test forum (http://test.fjr-club.nl/) is running fine with the same host.

Any idea what is blocking me here?
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

@rjen

Aargh, never mind.

I had renamed the settings.php file from the 2.1 package to settings_bak.php instead of the OLD 2.0 setting.php...

@rjen

Hold on, now I only got through to step 2, which ends with this Critical Error:

QuoteCannot find database source script! Please check file Subs-Db-mysqli.php is within your forum source directory.

Checked for the file: it is not even in the Github repository??

lurkalot

Quote from: @rjen on January 07, 2017, 11:20:09 AM
Hold on, now I only got through to step 2, which ends with this Critical Error:

QuoteCannot find database source script! Please check file Subs-Db-mysqli.php is within your forum source directory.

Checked for the file: it is not even in the Github repository??

I downloaded a zip from GitHub a couple of days ago, and just had a look. That file is in my source folder.

d3vcho

"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

@rjen

I found file in the previous file set I downloaded on 27-12-2016, and finished the upgrade with that file...

But there is definately a problem in the UTF 8 conversion. The example I had before:
See attachement. Special charters are not converted correctly... and I mean characters like éé or ö  etc...

See attachment...

d3vcho

"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

@rjen

Quote from: d3vcho on January 07, 2017, 11:54:07 AM
I think it's already reported on GitHub... https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/issues/3554

Yes, that looks like what I just saw, including the strange progress bars. I am now also seeing JSON errors..

Json decode error: Syntax error, malformed JSON
File: /home/deb77453/domains/fjr-club.nl/public_html/test2/Sources/Admin.php
Line: 42

Advertisement: