News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Test Upgrade 2.0 to 2.1 MySQL version does not meet the minimum requirements

Started by @rjen, January 07, 2017, 10:50:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@rjen

Not sure if I am doing something wrong, or if it is a software problem.

A while ago I upgraded a test version of my forum to SMF version 2.1. I have been testing with this forum, and have refreshed the files a few times to the latest set from Github. All working fine.
I am seeing some funny things in the post text related to chraracter set changes (één showing as.. één.) and decided to build a new test forum as a new upgrade from 2.0.13.

I followed the procedure, using a new 2.0.13 test install copy of my forum and uploading the new 2.1 files.

Starting the upgrade I immediately run into errors:

Warning
: mysql_get_server_info() [
function.mysql-get-server-info
]: Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in
/home/deb77453/domains/fjr-club.nl/public_html/test2/upgrade.php(2079) : eval()'d code
on line

Warning
: mysql_get_server_info() [
function.mysql-get-server-info
]: A link to the server could not be established in
/home/deb77453/domains/fjr-club.nl/public_html/test2/upgrade.php(2079) : eval()'d code
on line

And the screen shows as in attachment..
At the bottom I get this error: Your MySQL version does not meet the minimum requirements of SMF.

I checked my host and it is running: PHP Version 5.3.29, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.8-dev - 20102224
So as far as I can see the minimum reqs are met, and my other test forum (http://test.fjr-club.nl/) is running fine with the same host.

Any idea what is blocking me here?
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

@rjen

Aargh, never mind.

I had renamed the settings.php file from the 2.1 package to settings_bak.php instead of the OLD 2.0 setting.php...

@rjen

Hold on, now I only got through to step 2, which ends with this Critical Error:

QuoteCannot find database source script! Please check file Subs-Db-mysqli.php is within your forum source directory.

Checked for the file: it is not even in the Github repository??

lurkalot

Quote from: @rjen on January 07, 2017, 11:20:09 AM
Hold on, now I only got through to step 2, which ends with this Critical Error:

QuoteCannot find database source script! Please check file Subs-Db-mysqli.php is within your forum source directory.

Checked for the file: it is not even in the Github repository??

I downloaded a zip from GitHub a couple of days ago, and just had a look. That file is in my source folder.

d3vcho

"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

@rjen

I found file in the previous file set I downloaded on 27-12-2016, and finished the upgrade with that file...

But there is definately a problem in the UTF 8 conversion. The example I had before:
See attachement. Special charters are not converted correctly... and I mean characters like éé or ö  etc...

See attachment...

d3vcho

"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

@rjen

Quote from: d3vcho on January 07, 2017, 11:54:07 AM
I think it's already reported on GitHub... https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/issues/3554

Yes, that looks like what I just saw, including the strange progress bars. I am now also seeing JSON errors..

Json decode error: Syntax error, malformed JSON
File: /home/deb77453/domains/fjr-club.nl/public_html/test2/Sources/Admin.php
Line: 42

Advertisement: