SMF is searching for translators!

Started by Dzonny, February 08, 2017, 06:08:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

Sorry, but English is probably the only language that we don't need help with...

Additionally, your post indicates that you are not actually that familiar with English (US or UK) and our translation set is not intended as a learning experience for people unfamiliar with the language.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Steve

Assuming you're not just spamming, what are you talking about?
DO NOT pm me for support!

vinay121

I would love to work with SMF doing translation for EN-GB

Steve

Kindred

Also, English is probably the one language we don't need help with...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Deaks

and for the one post they have made I doubt they would be of any benifit
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

aabdullah

I'm ready to go with you about Arabic I f you need
regards

Steve

Please see the first post for the application procedure.

kunh0zdn

Hello, I'm a translator for the Vietnamese language, I have experienced translation for many projects. However, now I see on the forum about this language there are many errors can not display the correct language. I would like to request a patch for this language. Please send me a message when the manager accepts this request from me. Best regards.!!

Steve

Quote from: kunh0zdn on May 29, 2018, 10:13:03 PMPlease send me a message when the manager accepts this request from me.

That's not how things work.

gkawa

Hi guys

I don't want to apply as a translator. I've just migrated a SMF forum for a friend and I'm still dealing with some problems. As I go through the menues, I'm finding translation errors. Is there a place to report specific items to be reviewed?

For example, I'm looking now at a maintenance item. The item says in Spanish "Vaciar los registros de importancia", meaning "empty the important records/logs" when the original English version says "Empty out unimportant logs". Pretty much the opposite.

GigaWatt

"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: gkawa on October 30, 2018, 10:44:50 AM
For example, I'm looking now at a maintenance item. The item says in Spanish "Vaciar los registros de importancia", meaning "empty the important records/logs" when the original English version says "Empty out unimportant logs". Pretty much the opposite.

Which of the 2 versions? Because Spanish and Latin Spanish may be interpreted differently however if you notice these errors you can post in the forum in Spanish on this topic >>> Traducción Spanish_latin/_es — ¿Quieres ser traductor?

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

GigaWatt

@gkawa: Sorry, didn't read the whole thing through :S.
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Vahid

Hi,

i can help you for PERSIAN language ;-)

Irisado

Please follow the instructions outlined in the first post of this topic if you would like to apply.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Alexlari

d3vcho

The instructions remain the same. They are located in the first post of this thread.
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Kizule

Thanks for this, I'm applying for translation on Serbian language.

Advertisement: