News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF 2.0.14 Released

Started by Colin, May 14, 2017, 05:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin

Dear Members,

Simple Machines Forum has released a new patch to the 2.0.x line, bringing our latest release version to 2.0.14.

This patch adds both security and general maintenance fixes to your forum, so it is imperative that you install this patch quickly. You can view the changelog for this release, per usual, on the downloads page.

The quick summary of changes is as follows:

• Added PHP 7 support.
  • Ported image proxy support from SMF 2.1.
  • Also added HTTPS for avatars.
  • Accept email addresses with long TLDs.
  • See the changelog for more.

If you are running version 2.0.13, you can upgrade your forum to the latest version by using the package manager. As usual, you should see the upgrade notification in the admin panel notifications and in the package manager, which will allow you to download and install the patch seamlessly.  If you do not see the notification about the upgrade patch, please run the scheduled task "Fetch Simple Machines files" from the Scheduled Tasks page (Admin > Maintenance > Scheduled Tasks > Fetch Simple Machines Files (check the "Run Now" checkbox and click the "Run Now" button)).

The PHP version requirement for this patch is 5.4.0 or newer. Please ensure that your host is currently in compliance with this or ask them to upgrade your PHP version.

If you use older versions of SMF, you can upgrade directly to 2.0.14 from whichever version you are currently using by using the "full upgrade" archive from the downloads page. Be aware that using this upgrade method will require you to reinstall any customizations that you have added to your forum, so if you are running a version of the 2.0.x series, it is recommended that you apply the successive patches instead of using the full upgrade.

Please do not use this topic for support requests.
You will receive a much quicker and better response by posting in the 2.0.x Support Board.

If you are having problems downloading the patch from the admin panel, you can download the patch package from the upgrade patches page and install it via the package manager, as you would any other mod package.

Please refer to the Online Manual for more details about:

Thank you for using SMF!

Regards,
Simple Machines Forum Team
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Looking

Thanks, PHP 7 support is great.

SleePy

Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

-=[Vyorel]=-

Congratulations! PHP 7 support, good job.
My mods for SMF - [6].

LiroyvH

Good job team, thanks to everyone for their hard work :)
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

kat★

YES. GG fellas installing as soon as I can. Gonna test how proxies run. Cheers fellas!

Edit -- Just noticed when I used the Large Upgrade utility that the footer still displays "SMF ©2015, Simple Machines", just a heads up!
I use smf to learn to write php and css. It's pretty neat. |

shawnb61

Excellent work!  Congrats!

I think the changelog may still need an update?
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

assemblytube

Is the patch supposed to be a zip file like all the previous patches. When I download the file it is .gz so am puzzled.

LiroyvH

Quote from: shawnb61 on May 14, 2017, 05:31:53 PM
I think the changelog may still need an update?

Yup, they're working on that now! :)

Quote from: assemblytube on May 14, 2017, 05:33:13 PM
Is the patch supposed to be a zip file like all the previous patches. When I download the file it is .gz so am puzzled.

It's supposed to be a .tar.gz for this release. :)

vbgamer45

Thanks for this release time to update my final servers to php 7!
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

SleePy

Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

vbgamer45

I did see an update for custom themes using a login form is this required?

<input type="hidden" name="', $context['session_var'], '" value="', $context['session_id'], '" />
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

SleePy

vbgamer45,

Yes.  This is an improved session check on the login form.  Custom themes that modify Login.template.php and the login on index.template.php will need to apply the patch.  If the code matches, the patch can apply the update to the custom theme.  Some custom themes won't match.

vbgamer45

Ok good to know. A warning to some users might be needed. I noticed when I had one custom theme fail.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Aportadordelmix

charlottezweb

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 14, 2017, 06:34:41 PM
Ok good to know. A warning to some users might be needed. I noticed when I had one custom theme fail.

Same thing happened to me. I applied the patch after recording the failures that I needed to manually alter but the callouts weren't available.  Can't login to my forum now :)

LiroyvH

Quote from: charlottezweb on May 14, 2017, 06:43:54 PM
Can't login to my forum now :)

Using the "login" function from the menu, or something else?
I applied it on a theme that was also giving the error, but looking in the files: didn't contain the feature at all.
So ignored the error, applied patch: and everything still works as intended. :)

charlottezweb

Couldn't login to my forum from the particular theme's login on the site menu.  (Note: I'm using a custom social media login plugin so that's likely needing an update first).  I reverted my theme files in the meantime as well as /Sources to be able to get back in.  I think I'll just do a full/large upgrade tonight to 2.0.14 to do a little housekeeping until that theme and mod are updated to be compatible.

Good stuff team.  I appreciate the updates!

SleePy

The plugin you have may need to be updated to do the session check properly.

The patch is very generous on the code it looks for.  Most themes should update if they have a global login form.  A few themes may have edited the code we are looking for.

Dzonny

Advertisement: