- Fresh SMF 2.0.15
- CHMOD 777 to all files
GD version: 2.2.5
Database Server: MariaDB
MySQL version: 5.5.56-MariaDB
PHP: 5.6.32
Server version: nginx/1.12.2

I cant install mods:
You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable!

I cant acces to the simplemachines news:
You are unable to connect to simplemachines.org's latest news file.

And autocomplete doesnt work...

The issue has to be some server configuration. Is there any specific set up you need?
-> My vps has installed centos 7 nginx php-fpm + vestacp + iptables + fail2ban..

Thanks in advance

Kindred

Well, smf does not officially support mariadb

That being said, your issue is not a db issue... but you may encounter some issues eventually.

The packages error is almost definitely due to a missing or bad chmod on the temp folder inside the packages folder

The autocomplete issue is usually due to JavaScript conflicts
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

silber112

Quote from: Kindred on January 02, 2018, 10:14:10 PM
Well, smf does not officially support mariadb

That being said, your issue is not a db issue... but you may encounter some issues eventually.

The packages error is almost definitely due to a missing or bad chmod on the temp folder inside the packages folder

The autocomplete issue is usually due to JavaScript conflicts

Its a fresh installation, there are no mods that could produce conflicts.. Yes, its posible to install mods with the temp folder, but the issue with autocomplete and the connection to smf remains

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on January 03, 2018, 04:24:03 AM
Duplicate? Autocomplete issue
I cant delete my own post. I realised that it was in the wrong place so i moved it..

Kindred

yup.... cloudflare - especially for a forum - is really not worth the hassle, IMO
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: