Advertisement:

Author Topic: 2.0.14 Login Form Fix  (Read 194 times)

Offline Arantor

• Resident Overthinker
  • SMF Friend
  • SMF Legend
    • Arantor on GitHub
2.0.14 Login Form Fix
« on: January 08, 2018, 10:47:23 AM »
Link to Mod

As a fix to the login form issues that have come in since 2.0.14 where things didn't get added to login forms, here's a patch that fixes it.

Works on PHP 5.3+, and should fix all themes and mods that have login forms. Works with Pretty URLs too.

Licence is 3-clause BSD as per SMF 2.0.x licence.
To assume is to hope that those who came before had the presence of mind and capacity to implement the dreams of those who would come after.

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. It seems you have chosen which, and now I must do the same.

Offline vbgamer45

• SMF Friend
  • SMF Super Hero
    • smfhacks on Facebook
    • VBGAMER45 on GitHub
    • @createaforum on Twitter
    • SMF For Free
Re: 2.0.14 Login Form Fix
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 11:20:44 AM »
Nicely done! And shows what you can when playing with the output. Thanks for checking with prettyurls
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Offline Arantor

• Resident Overthinker
  • SMF Friend
  • SMF Legend
    • Arantor on GitHub
Re: 2.0.14 Login Form Fix
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 11:45:02 AM »
I just wish it had occurred to me to do sooner :( playing with the output like this is not a new trick, SimpleDesk did something similar in its first release in standalone mode.

Pretty URLs was the one mod I wasn't sure it would play nice with, so explicitly had to check :) Did also check the quick login in SP, that seemed to work too.
To assume is to hope that those who came before had the presence of mind and capacity to implement the dreams of those who would come after.

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. It seems you have chosen which, and now I must do the same.