News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

User Agreement Update

Started by Matthew K., January 03, 2012, 09:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex_Ita

Unluckly doesn't work on smf 2.0.7

Matthew K.

Use Version Emulate in Package Manager. It'll work. I've used it multiple times. Although it looks like some of the jQuery effects may be broken.

stewarth

Hi I have just installed this on my forum but some users don't get the button to agree? Looks like some browsers not working?

stewarth

It looks like firefox and Chrome mostly ? when the drop dawn list is selected it doesn't change to the button!

Matthew K.

Open the console in your browser, any errors?

Matthew K.

I'm going to be developing an update for this modification shortly here. Thoughts? Things to add, modify, enhance?

Alex_Ita

just an option to send email notify when an agreement is updated? What do you think about?

Matthew K.

Interesting idea. Why would I want an email letting me know a sites user agreement was updated though?

Arantor

In case it has non-trivial changes to terms and conditions.

Matthew K.

I understand that. It is indeed an interesting idea. Newsletter would handle it similarly, although I guess built-in would be a little bit more simple. I wonder though honestly how many people would send out an email from UAU if it was built-in.

jlt1

Quote from: malyshka on April 07, 2014, 02:56:34 PM
Please help ASAP, this mod just locked everyone out of my board.  The updated agreement comes up with a drop-down box for the agreement ("read" or "not read"), but it makes no difference which option I select. There is no kind of "submit" button, and nothing I do allows me to access anything.  I have tried Chrome, FF, Explorer & Safari, nothing works.

The board is running SMF 2.0.5

I just ran into this issue. I did an update before and it worked smoothly, but not this time (regarding where users re-accept the agreement). I'm an admin and am locked out. Please help. SMF 2.0.8

I also have pretty URLs installed if it makes a difference.

Matthew K.

Can you provide a link to your forum please? Also if you could PM me admin details so I can look into it, that'd be great.

I have an update for this modification, but there's one bug left I've not had time to fix yet.

Chas Large

Hi Matthew,

Long time no chat.

With recent GDPR issues, I thought this would be a great mod to use, to force all users to re-accept the modified User Registration Agreement.

Sadly I can't make it work, I just don't see the "Force Re-Agreement" option in the Admin Registration section. I assume this should display under or next to the "Show and require agreement letter when registering." option. I have Javascript enabled on my browsers FF & CHROME & EDGE etc, Cleaned caches and forum cache, still even changing and saving the agreement it does not display.

Using SMF 2.0.15

Any suggestions or news on the modified version you were working on back in 2014?

Cheers
Chas

PS Attached SS of the bottom of the Reg Document after saving.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

landyvlad

Hmm I can't access your site from work, is that mod here on smf officially as well or not as yet?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

vbgamer45

Submitted to modsite but not approved yet...
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

landyvlad

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Chas Large

My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

aegersz

yes, thanks. I have in in my dev system and it works well.

I may wait until it's an approved mod just in case there are more considerations
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Advertisement: