News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

NightBreeze

Started by SychO, July 25, 2018, 11:31:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Numeriku

Quote from: SychO on August 17, 2018, 08:02:50 AM
You have two options

1. Add css to resize the images to 60px or less, but you'd have to make an edit to Display.template.php to add a class (What I'd do)

2. You can expand the poster area's width, here's how you can do that

in index.min.css
-> Look for: .poster{float:left;width:14em
-> Replace with: .poster{float:left;width:16em

-> Look for: .postarea{margin: 0 0 0 14em;
-> Replace with: .postarea{margin: 0 0 0 16em;

Quote from: Numeriku on August 17, 2018, 07:32:55 AM
Sorry for troubling you again.
No worries I'm here to help

I used the second method cause it will be easier to update in the future. It is perfect! Thank you so much. I have to start learning your theme's css.

https://ksource.ga/imagequick/image/hN3

SychO

Quote from: Numeriku on August 17, 2018, 08:16:45 AM
Quote from: SychO on August 17, 2018, 08:02:50 AM
You have two options

1. Add css to resize the images to 60px or less, but you'd have to make an edit to Display.template.php to add a class (What I'd do)

2. You can expand the poster area's width, here's how you can do that

in index.min.css
-> Look for: .poster{float:left;width:14em
-> Replace with: .poster{float:left;width:16em

-> Look for: .postarea{margin: 0 0 0 14em;
-> Replace with: .postarea{margin: 0 0 0 16em;

Quote from: Numeriku on August 17, 2018, 07:32:55 AM
Sorry for troubling you again.
No worries I'm here to help

I used the second method cause it will be easier to update in the future. It is perfect! Thank you so much. I have to start learning your theme's css.

https://ksource.ga/imagequick/image/hN3

No worries, glad I could help
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

Kindred

hmmm....

I don't know that it's ever actually been done - but, in theory, the theme author could actually write a mod-package to update the theme files, thereby updating the theme without requiring a full reinstall of the theme and mods.

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SychO

Quote from: Kindred on August 17, 2018, 10:02:27 AM
hmmm....

I don't know that it's ever actually been done - but, in theory, the theme author could actually write a mod-package to update the theme files, thereby updating the theme without requiring a full reinstall of the theme and mods.

That's an interesting idea, although the majority install so many mods, and others make so many changes to themes that I'm not sure how often an update mod-package would be successful
but it's definitely something to consider, might make one in a next update

Checkout My Themes:
-

mira-san

Quote from: SychO on August 16, 2018, 05:02:57 PM

You can pass if you don't have any issues with jQuery and if you're not using simple portal
I do however think you should add this.

responsive.css
Add the following code at the end of the file /* HD Screens .
---------------- */
@media only screen and (min-width: 1900px) {
main, .wrapper {
width: 65% !important;
} .header_back {background-size: 100% !important;}
}

But if you insist on making all the other changes as well, I can post the rest.

Yes, I don't use Simple portal nor do I have any jQuery issues (that I am aware of).

Thank you for confirming that I can pass and for providing the code I need! I appreciate it!

Numeriku

Sych0 which of the nav element should i add z-index to css to make my slider appear behind it. I tried with just the nav element and it broke the navigation.

https://ksource.asia/image/image/FuE

SychO

Quote from: Numeriku on August 18, 2018, 10:57:47 AM
Sych0 which of the nav element should i add z-index to css to make my slider appear behind it. I tried with just the nav element and it broke the navigation.

in responsive.css line 100

change the header's z-index to 2

header {z-index: 1;position:relative;}
Checkout My Themes:
-

Numeriku

Quote from: SychO on August 18, 2018, 11:30:25 AM
Quote from: Numeriku on August 18, 2018, 10:57:47 AM

in responsive.css line 100

change the header's z-index to 2

header {z-index: 1;position:relative;}

You are awesome, cheers mate.

Numeriku

Found a minor css issue when using SP, tested it with lazarus too.

When using Nightbreeze in conjunction with Simpleportal, the nav #1 pagination does not inherit from the theme's css on the portal's page.

SychO

Quote from: Numeriku on August 18, 2018, 05:11:47 PM

When using Nightbreeze in conjunction with Simpleportal, the nav #1 pagination does not inherit from the theme's css on the portal's page.

Yes that unfortunately is something as a theme creator can't do anything about, the brackets are hard coded in the software's source files, I already added a php line that fixes that with a trick on most pages, but it doesn't always work like in this case.

You'd have to edit Subs.php to accomplish this, assuming of course that sp uses the same constructPageIndex() function.
Checkout My Themes:
-

Numeriku

Quote from: SychO on August 18, 2018, 05:21:44 PM
Quote from: Numeriku on August 18, 2018, 05:11:47 PM

Yes that unfortunately is something as a theme creator can't do anything about, the brackets are hard coded in the software's source files, I already added a php line that fixes that with a trick on most pages, but it doesn't always work like in this case.

You'd have to edit Subs.php to accomplish this, assuming of course that sp uses the same constructPageIndex() function.

Yikes, i'll take a look around, but yeah so far i am loving this theme you've made, very easy to edit here and there. Also using your hall of fame mod, very useful.

SychO

For anyone wanting to make it better:

in Subs.php
-> Look for if (!$start_invalid)
$pageindex .= '[<strong>' . ($start / $num_per_page + 1) . '</strong>] ';

-> Replace with if (!$start_invalid)
$pageindex .= '<strong class="navPages active">' . ($start / $num_per_page + 1) . '</strong> ';
Checkout My Themes:
-

radu81

Nice template, congrats ;)
sorry for my bad english

Numeriku

Quote from: SychO on August 18, 2018, 06:05:36 PM
For anyone wanting to make it better:

in Subs.php
-> Look for if (!$start_invalid)
$pageindex .= '[<strong>' . ($start / $num_per_page + 1) . '</strong>] ';

-> Replace with if (!$start_invalid)
$pageindex .= '<strong class="navPages active">' . ($start / $num_per_page + 1) . '</strong> ';

Thank you!

Portugal

Hi theme creator. Thats in my opinion a great theme, i will test it now on my forum, maybe i will do some modifications, the font size in my opinion are to small, and the colors. Anyway, great gtreat thems (both of all). Very thanks to present to us this great work.

SychO

Quote from: Portugal on August 20, 2018, 07:35:36 AM
Hi theme creator. Thats in my opinion a great theme, i will test it now on my forum, maybe i will do some modifications, the font size in my opinion are to small, and the colors. Anyway, great gtreat thems (both of all). Very thanks to present to us this great work.

Thank you for the feedback :)
Checkout My Themes:
-

Mattmax

I try to install this theme on my forum, but through the smf-installer I became always a mistake. So what do I have to do to install this theme in my smf 2.0.15 forum?

SychO

Quote from: Mattmax on August 20, 2018, 10:17:12 AM
I try to install this theme on my forum, but through the smf-installer I became always a mistake. So what do I have to do to install this theme in my smf 2.0.15 forum?

A mistake ? can you provide some screenshots or whatever Error message you're getting
Checkout My Themes:
-

Kindred

Please note that you should install this theme in the THEME installer - not the mod package manager.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: