SMTP not working? (SMF 2.1 RC1)

Started by beckzy, February 17, 2019, 07:51:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beckzy

SMTP was working fine for me using SMF 2.0.15, but since I've upgraded to 2.1 RC1 emails aren't being sent to users. Can anyone please help me with this?

Illori

beckzy

Is that not the same as doing what this post tells me to?:

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=564881.msg4006124#msg4006124

because I did that...

Edit: I undone what that post told me and installed the package instead, and emails are still not being sent :(

Arantor

Mail isn't sent from the background task system. Go to the mail queue, see how much is in it and what the settings are to drain it out the queue.

beckzy

I get this error in the error log:

"Ran into problems sending Mail. Error: 553 5.7.1 <email_address>: Sender address rejected: not owned by user private_email"

I replaced the email address and private email address with email_address and private_email.

Arantor

Well, that seems pretty conclusive as an error...

beckzy

Quote from: Arantor on February 17, 2019, 12:08:41 PM
Well, that seems pretty conclusive as an error...

How do I solve it? It only happened since i switched to SMF 2.1 RC1 a few days ago.

Arantor

The issue seems to be that your email provider doesn't like you sending emails through the account you're trying to use, but you censored it so thoroughly there's no advice we can give you.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Advertisement: