News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF moves to a new translation platform: switching to Crowdin

Started by Dzonny, March 16, 2021, 04:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dzonny

Yes, exactly, as change in source string requires action/update for each language :)

That's good to know, if you find anything else we're here to help.

Thanks for doing the great work @rjen! :)

PoML

Quote from: m4z on March 18, 2021, 01:28:15 PM
Currently, the situation is more or less like so:
[...]
- the first translation from accepted translators (that's most of you) will be auto-approved
[...]
- once one translation for a string has been approved, future suggestions for that string have to be manually approved

Looking into the crowdin overview, almost no languages has a significant portion of approved words.
For Norwegian it is stuck on 0% as for many other languages.  I have no obvious way of approving anything, and download as ZIP from within Crowdin only lists strings that were translated in LE and uploaded when we started using it...

Is there a simple fix?

@rjen

For Dutch I am now granted Proofreader rights. Proofreaders can approve the translations

There has not been any auto approval for as far as I know...
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

Dzonny

Even though translation is not approved - it will be included in exported file. Approval is just one additional step to ensure translation quality where we have bigger translation teams with proofreaders.

Masterd

Took you long enough. :P I remember you silently mentioning this back in May. Congratulations on the move. Using the LE was a truly painful experience sometimes. I hope this is a significant improvement. Well, as much as it can be.

PoML

Quote from: Dzonny on April 30, 2021, 12:02:08 PM
Even though translation is not approved - it will be included in exported file. Approval is just one additional step to ensure translation quality where we have bigger translation teams with proofreaders.

Good, but then why are all the files in the downloaded archive given a date of Feb 26th instead of the date it was translated or changed?
Is it a bug?

PoML

I just tried downloading and took a random sample:

1) Download from https://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?thanks;filename=smf_2-1-rc3_norwegian.zip
Dates within file :  March 30 2021.
Example untranslated:  $txt['mc_warning_template_body_default']  in moderationcenter.norwegian.php  (it has english text in file)

2) Manual download from within Crowdin today using the "download" function -- shortcut <ctrl>S:
Dates within file :  Feb 26 2021.
Example untranslated:  $txt['mc_warning_template_body_default']  in moderationcenter.norwegian.php (it has english text in file)

3) Actual translation in Crowdin:
$txt['mc_warning_template_body_default']  in moderationcenter.norwegian.php   26 days ago today. All OK, translated to Norwegian but not marked as approved.
{MEMBER},\n\nDu har mottatt en advarsel for upassende aktivitet. Vennligst slutt med det og følg forumreglene ellers vil vi måtte ta ytterligere tiltak. \n\n{REGARDS}

I seem not to find any way of actually getting to the translated files neither within Crowdin nor in the download area.
Seeing them on screen in the crowdin editor is of course slightly satisfying, but not what I was hoping for.

d3vcho

I just downloaded the language pack of the URL you put in 1). The file you say, ModerationCenter.norwegian.php, has today's date (01/05/2021) and the string you mention appears translated, as you state in 3).
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

PoML

Irisado

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

vkot

Crowdin seems nice! I tested it by translating many strings already.

1) Me too, I see strings that are already translated in previous versions, at least I think so... Maybe the variable names are different, I didn't check.
2) Can you add Google Translate together with the TM and MT suggestions? Sometimes there are no suggestions, especially in big strings, and I am lazy to type the whole translation, I prefer to copy/paste/edit.
3) Sometimes while I am translating a file Crowdin asks me to login again (I was not inactive)
For specialized SMF installation/customization, Web Development, Linux Server Administration, click here.
Για εξειδικευμένες υπηρεσίες στα παραπάνω, πατήστε εδώ.

wintstar

Regards Stephan

,,In order for the possible to come into being, the impossible must be attempted again and again."
Hermann Hesse (1877-1962)

My HomepageMy Board - My Atelier

shawnb61

Quote from: wintstar on August 24, 2021, 06:27:07 AMWhat Version is mean with SMF_2-1_NEXT?

SMF_2-1_NEXT refers to current GitHub code.

The main branch SMF_2-1 is tied to the latest release - RC4.

I.e., we can now prepare translations for the upcoming release, instead of waiting until after each release, as in the past.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

wintstar

Quote from: shawnb61 on August 24, 2021, 12:46:42 PM
Quote from: wintstar on August 24, 2021, 06:27:07 AMWhat Version is mean with SMF_2-1_NEXT?

SMF_2-1_NEXT refers to current GitHub code.

The main branch SMF_2-1 is tied to the latest release - RC4.

I.e., we can now prepare translations for the upcoming release, instead of waiting until after each release, as in the past.

Many thanks for Info. Then I can get started there. I have translated the current commit for the German "Sie".
Regards Stephan

,,In order for the possible to come into being, the impossible must be attempted again and again."
Hermann Hesse (1877-1962)

My HomepageMy Board - My Atelier

Advertisement: