Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Membergroups Question

Started by laurieluvsliason, January 08, 2021, 12:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laurieluvsliason

Quote from: efk on January 11, 2021, 11:57:51 PM
Quote from: laurieluvsliason on January 11, 2021, 09:43:34 PM

Ok, so YOU will understand better what I am trying to say here, is the MODERATOR group that I really wanted to use is useless to me, because I want my group members to see the difference between BOARD (global mods) and FORUM (local mods) Local mods just govern their own fan fiction forums. I had it right to begin with I guess. I want the local forum mods to show in the group keys and in their forums. The board mods are also in the group key. Members can tell by their different colours which are BOARD & which are LOCAL. Their post based group name also shows in their profiles & on the board. So all I was trying to do was use the (?) moderator group for the local group like it was intended for local mods. But apparently, I can't, because they won't show in the group key with their own colour so members know when local mods are online by looking at the board index. The local mods also don't show in the member list on profiles to make them a moderator. I do understand that is done by the board settings.  Thanks so much for everyone that tried to help, but it seems I had it right all along and the only way to get it to appear as I wanted was to create the extra mod group & set their permissions accordingly. Everyone can also tell who is in the group NEWBYS & MEMBERS because they need to be a full member with 25 posts to read the fan fiction for which I need the local mods

Thank you & goodnight!

Admins: (Bosses) @slizzie1986(Sonja)  @Laurie and  @LGOStaff

Global (Board) Moderators: (2) @Dollbaby @trini12180

Forum (Local) Moderators: (Forum Bosses Of FF OR allowed into Staff Forum): @Charliee45 @RJackson  @chyyyone

If you still need help with whatever you are trying to do I can help you with cleaning that mess. You are confusing everyone and you are confused as well. I can check and compare with my forum options what you have done with your forum options and set you desired system. Send me personal message and we can make it.

I PM'd you, efk & thanks. Too many people here offering well-meaning advice, it's easier if I stick to 1 person!

The terms Global, Board, Forum etc come from years and years of being bounced from Ez Board to Yuku to Proboards to TapaTalk etc lol!  Every forum type has a slightly different variation, it seems lol

Advertisement: