News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

smf 2.1rc4 an error has occured

Started by pocttopus, July 16, 2021, 01:22:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pocttopus

A lot of errors while attempting to login... I cannot even login.  :-[

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I would begin with emptying your browser cache, reloading the page and trying again.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

pocttopus

Yes, I have done that with CTRL+F5 and nothing have changed.
Even with three other browsers it's the same.  :-[

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Could you give a link to your forum?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

pocttopus

Check inbox.  ;)
Also I cannot register a new account. It returns me all the time on sign-up page.   :-\

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Thanks, nothing immediately jumps at me - Except that it's not a fresh RC4, there are at least mods installed, what did you last change before your issue occurred?
Also, are you trying to login from the front page or the separate login page /index.php?action=login
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

pocttopus

I have logged in using my phone, but I cannot access on the admin page of the forum.
Yes, I am using /index.php?action=login and after I am receiving an error the link changes to /index.php?action=login2

The last change I have made was installing the mod for embedding videos.
https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2681

pocttopus

So, what can I do to solve this issue?  ::) :-[

Dave J

If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

pocttopus

Quote from: Dave J on July 17, 2021, 06:45:50 AM
Have a look here and see if it helps.

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=577080.msg4084586#msg4084586
Sorry but I don't have such a row named "globalCookiesDomain" inside "settings" table :-\
Any other way to find where is the problem?

GL700Wing

Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Slava
Ukraini!

pocttopus

Quote from: GL700Wing on July 19, 2021, 07:14:34 AM
As per https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=577080.msg4086859#msg4086859 try changing globalCookies to 0 then manualy add localCookies and set it to 1.
But I don't even have globalCookies... should I add this manually?
And localCookies as well?
All I have with cookies is this inside settings table:

Quote from: dungeonseeker on April 18, 2021, 11:10:13 AM
OK, so after doing another reinstall I worked out that I need to make 2 changes to the database for login to work...

I must change globalCookies to 0 then manualy add localCookies and set it to 1.

Hope this is useful.

pocttopus

Found those two rows. I have already them into settings table

So, what could I do next? THey are already there.  :-\

Kindred

did you already try deleting your cookies?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

pocttopus

@Kindred yes. I have deleted all cookies and also cleared all data and cache from the browsers (firefox, edge, chrome, opera) and nothing have changed.  :(

pocttopus

shadav

are you using a custom theme? can you run repair settings tool and reset the theme to default?
just guessing here

pocttopus

GL700Wing

When I had this same issue a couple of months ago I had to make the following changes in the 'settings' table:
1.  Add/change globalCookies and set it to 0
2.  Add/change globalCookiesDomain and set it to 0.
3.  Add/change localCookies and set it to 1.
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Slava
Ukraini!

pocttopus

Quote from: GL700Wing on July 30, 2021, 06:22:55 PM
When I had this same issue a couple of months ago I had to make the following changes in the 'settings' table:
1.  Add/change globalCookies and set it to 0
2.  Add/change globalCookiesDomain and set it to 0.
3.  Add/change localCookies and set it to 1.
Yes, I have these settings on those cookies in 'settings' table but nothing is changed. :(
If someone is curious I can give him admin rights to access on the forum.

Advertisement: