News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

vB 4.2.2 to SMF 2.0.19: Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected.

Started by FoobarTheFatPenguin, January 08, 2022, 08:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoobarTheFatPenguin

Greetings!

I am trying to convert a vB 4.2.2 to SMF 2.0.19. I am using the current convert.php from the GitHub, and the vbulletin4_to_smf.sql from the pinned thread.

I get this result during member conversion:

Converting...
Converting members...
Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (date_registered)

I'm using PHP 7.4.25 with MariaDB 10.5.

I also tried using the SQL file for vB 3.7 from the converter page, but that produced the same result.

Any ideas?

And as an aside: Is there a way to run the converter from the command line? It's a relatively large forum, and I don't want to waste time on browser refreshs and the like.

Doug Heffernan

It looks to me as if vb is allowing a non-integer value for whatever field that they use to store members registrations. And in Smf, the counterpart field is always an integer.

Anyways, try the converter from this page instead:

https://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?converters;id=3

FoobarTheFatPenguin

Well, the vB2 SQL obviously doesn't work on vB4, and the vB4 SQL with this convert.php gives me the same result as before.

FoobarTheFatPenguin

Sorry for the double post, but I felt it necessary. I think I found the issue.

All values in the 'joindate' column of the original vB4 database were actual numbers. However, as a goof, a previous admin had set the joindate of one particular user to a date in the future (next century). That evidently caused the converter to stumble.

I changed the date to something reasonable, and the converter has now progressed past the point where it had previously always aborted.

Here's hoping the conversion will work, although I would still be interested in knowing if the converter can also be run from the command line to speed things up. Because converting 14 million posts via the browser is going to take a loooooooooooong time.  :-\

Advertisement: