News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

I cannot receive reset password email for my smf forum

Started by crashedanon, July 14, 2022, 03:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crashedanon

I am using a mod, called as Elastic Mail too, still I am not being able to send emails. What settings do I need to change?

Note: I am using free hosting services, is there any third-party way to do this?

Kindred

does Elastic Mail support SMTP?
If so, find out the proper configuration and set it in the mail settings for SMF. :)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

crashedanon

Quote from: Kindred on July 14, 2022, 03:07:10 PMdoes Elastic Mail support SMTP?
If so, find out the proper configuration and set it in the mail settings for SMF. :)

Can the free hosting plan cause a problem? as it is also hosted on their subdomain.

Kindred

it depends on what mail you are currently using and have set up versus what mail the host has available
(for example, if you are using phpmail in your settings, but the host has not setup phpmail, then it won't work. That's why you might choose to use a third party service with SMTP and configure it as such in your mail settings in SMF
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

crashedanon

Quote from: Kindred on July 14, 2022, 03:57:33 PMit depends on what mail you are currently using and have set up versus what mail the host has available
(for example, if you are using phpmail in your settings, but the host has not setup phpmail, then it won't work. That's why you might choose to use a third party service with SMTP and configure it as such in your mail settings in SMF

Gives me the following warning while configuring through Elastic Mail API key:

WARNING: No domain status found for domain "iceiy.com". This does not mean that this mod will not function, though.

Edit: Error logs on the SMF forum suggest this:
Ran into problems sending Mail. Error: 553 Invalid address specified

Kindred

then you either need to continue and hope it works or talk with whoever wrote that mod...
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: