Change ► on linktree

Started by Costa, July 27, 2022, 06:50:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Costa

Basically I want to change the triangle that appears as a separator on the linktree.

You cannot view this attachment.

I've gone round and round and I can change the style of the liktree at will but I can't get rid of that devil's triangle.

I hate that triangle. I hate him. I wish him bad. I want him to be run over by a truck, attacked by a pack of hyenas, fall into a volcano and be trampled by elephants. /rage mode off

Than you for any help.
Hugo "Costa" Fernandes - PT SMF
Todas as MP's a pedir ajuda são sujeitas a radioactividade, microondas, queimadas e atiradas borda fora.

"At least someone appreciates the fact that I am doing and not thinking..."
"Laziness is counter-revolutionary."

Steve

Quote from: Costa on July 27, 2022, 06:50:07 AMI hate that triangle. I hate him. I wish him bad. I want him to be run over by a truck, attacked by a pack of hyenas, fall into a volcano and be trampled by elephants.
Tell us how you really feel ...  :P
DO NOT pm me for support!

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Costa on July 27, 2022, 06:50:07 AMBasically I want to change the triangle that appears as a separator on the linktree.

You cannot view this attachment.

I've gone round and round and I can change the style of the liktree at will but I can't get rid of that devil's triangle.

I hate that triangle. I hate him. I wish him bad. I want him to be run over by a truck, attacked by a pack of hyenas, fall into a volcano and be trampled by elephants. /rage mode off

Than you for any help.
You would need to look in the index.template.php around line 516-521

// Don't show a separator for the first one.
// Better here. Always points to the next level when the linktree breaks to a second line.
// Picked a better looking HTML entity, and added support for RTL plus a span for styling.
if ($link_num != 0)
echo '
<span class="dividers">', $context['right_to_left'] ? ' &#9668; ' : ' &#9658; ', '</span>';

The CSS related to it would be in the index.css

Line 1282
.navigate_section ul li .dividers {
  color: rgb(63, 107, 140);
  font: 83.33%/150% Arial, sans-serif;
  padding: 0 2px 0 6px;
}

Antechinus

Or, you can get rid of the html entities from the template entirely, and just use CSS for the whole kaboodle.

Starting with the default gruesomeness (may hyaenas ravage it remorselessly)...
.navigate_section ul li .dividers {
  color: #3f6b8c;
  font: 83.33%/150% Arial, sans-serif;
  padding: 0 2px 0 6px;
}

You can add this after to override the default:
.navigate_section .dividers {
  display: inline-block;
  vertical-align: bottom;
  position: relative;
  left: -6px;
  width: 16px;
  height: 28px;
  overflow: hidden;
  text-indent: 16px;
}

Which will hide the beastly triangles without editing the template*.
Then you can do stuff like this:
.navigate_section .dividers::before, .navigate_section .dividers::after {
  position: absolute;
  top: 0;
  left: 7px;
  display: block;
  width: 1px;
  height: 14px;
  background: #fff3;
  content: '';
  transform: skew(45deg);
}
.navigate_section .dividers::after {
  top: 14px;
  transform: skew(-45deg);
}

Although I'm also running that with other tweaks (28px fixed height set on the li's, etc).

*Really it does make the most sense to ditch the HTML entities and the associated LTR/RTL ternary, and just use CSS for the lot (including RTL support if you want that). Simplifies the CSS quite a bit, and the template edit is simple.

Sir Osis of Liver

Much ado about nothing.

<span class="dividers">', $context['right_to_left'] ? ' &#9668; ' : ' &#9658; ', '</span>';

&#9668 is left pointing pointer for rtl; &#9658 is right pointing pointer for ltr.  Just replace it with a different character (for whatever reason).
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Costa

Thank you all. Sorted out.

@Antechinus That's what I was thinking, but I couldn't find the triangle.

I hope that now he is lost in eternity, burning in the marble of hell.
Hugo "Costa" Fernandes - PT SMF
Todas as MP's a pedir ajuda são sujeitas a radioactividade, microondas, queimadas e atiradas borda fora.

"At least someone appreciates the fact that I am doing and not thinking..."
"Laziness is counter-revolutionary."

Antechinus

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on July 27, 2022, 09:50:42 PMMuch ado about nothing.
Depends what presentation you are after. Personal preference.

Advertisement: