ProCurve

Started by TwitchisMental, September 18, 2022, 06:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwitchisMental

Link to the theme

ProCurve
Curve and ProSilver had a baby.

This theme mixes various parts of Curve and Prosilver together just for the fun of it.

License :

Font Awesome License - https://fontawesome.com/license/free

SMF Version :

Patch Notes :

Initial Release
Bug Fix : No longer hides the user panel for small screens.
Adjustment: Adjusted the last post section on smaller screens to follow the theme better.
Adjustment: Hides news under 720px.
Update : Updated for SMF 2.1.3
Updated for SMF 2.1.4 and the Attachment UI changes.
Adjusted the background colors for various moderation specific styles.
New Feature: Added a grey theme varient. Similar to ProSilver SE.
Bug Fix : Fixed an issue where footer would not display properly if the forum title was not set.
Update: Updated Font-Awesome to the latest version(6.4).
Adjustment: Adjusted some text and link colors in the ACP.
Adjustment: Adjusted the ACP menu background color.
Adjustment: Moved the location of the Page Creation time text.
Adjustment: Adjusted the dropmenu background color.

Steve

To quote a wise man: AwesomeSauce!  :P
DO NOT pm me for support!

lord alibaski

I have always liked the Prosilver theme on PHPBB it just looks nice.

What you have done here TwitchisMental is like you have said created a baby!! a baby that can mature into a full smf adult in time.

Any idea why this isn't centralized at the bottom mate?

TwitchisMental

Quote from: lord alibaski on September 19, 2022, 03:03:50 PMI have always liked the Prosilver theme on PHPBB it just looks nice.

What you have done here TwitchisMental is like you have said created a baby!! a baby that can mature into a full smf adult in time.

Any idea why this isn't centralized at the bottom mate?

Humm that is odd.. I first thought maybe the copyright added by the mod, but I tried it and no issue. I do notice that you are missing terms and rules.. and the web link on the left. Did you remove this?

Do you have a link this site?

lord alibaski

It's on WampServer mate, I never even noticed the terms of service was missing!! That's all I can see when installing this theme.

lord alibaski

Sorry for the double post but I have just reinstalled it on Wamp and it works fine now but tried it on a live forum and it's done it again!! though I have tried to reinstall it on the live forum but the terms of service have not come back  ???

I can send you the link to the live forum if you want mate but it's a private forum I'm not wanting to put the link in here.

1st attachment is Wamp 2nd is Live forum.

Edit

I have just noticed on all the theme's I have installed there is no terms of service on any of them how can this be when this is a full upgrade from version 2.0.18!!

TwitchisMental

Quote from: lord alibaski on September 19, 2022, 07:18:53 PMSorry for the double post but I have just reinstalled it on Wamp and it works fine now but tried it on a live forum and it's done it again!! though I have tried to reinstall it on the live forum but the terms of service have not come back  ???

I can send you the link to the live forum if you want mate but it's a private forum I'm not wanting to put the link in here.

1st attachment is Wamp 2nd is Live forum.

Edit

I have just noticed on all the theme's I have installed there is no terms of service on any of them how can this be when this is a full upgrade from version 2.0.18!!
This sounds like it could be more than a theme issue at this point. I would suggest making a new thread in the SMF 2.1.x Support section.

lord alibaski

Just done it

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=583633.0

You any idea mate what file it is in I have just downloaded a full install package see if replacing it puts it back in.

TwitchisMental

Quote from: lord alibaski on September 19, 2022, 07:52:49 PMJust done it

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=583633.0

You any idea mate what file it is in I have just downloaded a full install package see if replacing it puts it back in.
Do you have a forum title actually set by chance?

If not, I bet that is causing the other issue.

lord alibaski

I have had my forum for 22 years mate, what you said in the support topic was the issue it was un-ticked.

Ps, think I know what you mean about forum title I just can't remember where that is in the settings.

edit yep that was the other issue forum title added and sorted.

Many thanks for your help much appreciated.

TwitchisMental

Quote from: lord alibaski on September 19, 2022, 08:15:14 PMI have had my forum for 22 years mate, what you said in the support topic was the issue it was un-ticked.

Ps, think I know what you mean about forum title I just can't remember where that is in the settings.

Admin CP > Maintenance > Server Settings > General > Forum Title

lord alibaski

Yeah sorted it mate edited the post above thank you.

TwitchisMental

No problem, I am always happy to help.

Dave J

Hi Twitch,

I like this theme as phpBB was the first forum software I ever used.

I am having an issue with EHPortal but not sure why.

On my test site here I installed the theme and then set it as default. The theme looked OK but wasn't showing the 'Home' page link in the menu which takes you to the portal page. So thinking it was because I had installed the theme after the install of the portal I uninstalled the portal and then re-installed it again.

But still the 'Home' menu button is not showing. It shows on other themes but not this one. It's worth noting that you can see the portal but only if you click on the forum logo.

I have set it so guests are allowed to view the site temporarily so you can see what I mean. If you want to sign up, to see more, let me know as registration is set to disabled.

NOTE: If you want to quickly change between themes use the portal 'Theme Select' drop box on the left side to toggle between them.

Regards

Dave
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Dave J on September 27, 2022, 04:18:18 AMHi Twitch,

I like this theme as phpBB was the first forum software I ever used.

I am having an issue with EHPortal but not sure why.

On my test site here I installed the theme and then set it as default. The theme looked OK but wasn't showing the 'Home' page link in the menu which takes you to the portal page. So thinking it was because I had installed the theme after the install of the portal I uninstalled the portal and then re-installed it again.

But still the 'Home' menu button is not showing. It shows on other themes but not this one. It's worth noting that you can see the portal but only if you click on the forum logo.

I have set it so guests are allowed to view the site temporarily so you can see what I mean. If you want to sign up, to see more, let me know as registration is set to disabled.

NOTE: If you want to quickly change between themes use the portal 'Theme Select' drop box on the left side to toggle between them.

Regards

Dave

Ah, this is an unforseen issue.

Easy Solution though -

Open index.css in your favorite editor.

Find line 4539 -
.main_menu, .button_home {
    display: none !important;
}

Just delete that completely and you should be good to go :) .

Dave J

Thanks Twitch, I'll check it out tomorrow
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

Dave J

Quote from: TwitchisMental on September 27, 2022, 01:56:56 PMAh, this is an unforseen issue.

Easy Solution though -

Open index.css in your favorite editor.

Find line 4539 -
.main_menu, .button_home {
    display: none !important;
}

Just delete that completely and you should be good to go :) .

Yes that's sorted it Twitch

Thank you

NOTE: I have removed the option for guest to browse now.

Ronald_1938

I am using Pro Curve, how do I switch the profile on the posting back to the left side.?

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Ronald_1938 on October 15, 2022, 06:19:43 PMI am using Pro Curve, how do I switch the profile on the posting back to the left side.?
Open index.css

Find -
.postarea, .moderatorbar {
margin: 0 175px 0 0;
}

Change to

.postarea, .moderatorbar {
margin: 0 0 0 175px;
}

Find -

.poster {
  float: right;