Some problems after Joomla and bridge install

Started by ShaneR, November 28, 2005, 10:25:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShaneR

My site has been dormant for a while so I decided to get back to work on it.

I had Mkportal and SMF running fine, but decided to go back to Mambo.  So, I was already running RC1 when I took mkportal off and installed joomla 1.04.  Then, installed the bridge.  Two errors that I see right now:

1) Login from joomla front page and get "Unable to load 'main' template"--this is produced my SMf

2) I click on any link that happens to be available in smf and get this:

QuoteFatal error: template_main(): Failed opening required 'SSI.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /homepages/42/d91223094/htdocs/forums/Sources/Load.php(1598) : eval()'d code on line 8

Now, the only thing I see that MAY be wrong is, within the forum config in joomla, I input  smf_ as the DB prefix, but it will not "stay"...the field is always blank after I save.

I have no clue here.  I'm not in anyway an expert.  I did have Mambo and smf running great months ago.

Anyway, does anyone have some ideas?

Kindred

???   where do you input your smf prefix?   That is no longer a setting with v3.19 of the bridge.

What version of the bridge are you using?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ShaneR

Thanks, Kindred.

I just confirmed my bridge version.  It's 3.19a

I input the smf_ prefix in Joomla.  Components-smf forum-configuration.  It certianly asks for it.

EDIT: I should also add that the option to input a different DB for SMF (if joomla nad smf don't reside in same) Is not present either (I can see the explanation mark that you hover over to bring up the tool-tip, but couldn't change it if I wanted to).  SMF and Joomla share the same DB so that's not a problem...I only mention as it appears that MAYBE something is wrong with component?

chadness

Had you installed another version first?  There should only be three options in the config:
Path to SMF (absolut):           
SMF Forum integration:     
SMF Forum integration:

That could be related to your issue.

Kindred

As I noted, and Chadness confirms, the settings that you are talking about are no longer a part of the bridge setup.

Please UNINSTALL all components, modules and menu items relating to the bridge, vefirty that they are uninstalled by viewing the ftp server...   and then load a fresh copy of v3.19 for 1.1b3
Make sure that you are using the 3.19 designed specifically for 1.1b3...   if you use the 3.19a (which is designed for 1.0.x), it will not work.

Make sure that you have the CORRECT code in your mambo template (step 4)... since this has also changed from previous versions.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ShaneR

Thanks for the help guys :)

I;m guessing it must have been 3.19a that was causing the problem as I know for a fact the previous version of the bridge I had was taken off...not sure how I messed that up...thought I was getting the right version.

I'm assuming the version for B3 will work for RC1??

Anyway, I'll let ya know how it goes...I'm away from my system, but will try the suggestion and post back in a few days.

chadness

ShaneR

Well, I'm a little confused now.

I have a fresh install of joomla and smf on my local system.  I downloaded the only version of 3.19 for 1.1b3 available (3.19a).

Same problems as above.  I looked at the following post:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=20952.msg411572#msg411572

and the poster had the same problem but fixed as per oristos post below it (Missed that previously, sorry)

But, I am still showing options in my config, that you say I should not have.

So, do I have a problem, did you misuderstand me, did I misunderstand you, or am I and idiot? Don't answer the last one ;)

just wanna make sure I have the right bridge before I start trouble shooting.

Orstio

Try unzipping step 2, and uploading the file admin.smf.php to your administrator/components/com_smf folder.

ShaneR

Thanks, Orstio.

Did as you said, didn't make any difference to the options presented within the component config...still have prefix options etc as stated above.

However, the site APPEARS to be working...can log in and out etc.  But, I haven't tried registering a new user or posting.  I'll have to wait until tomorrow for testing more.

Thanks!

Orstio

QuoteDid as you said, didn't make any difference to the options presented within the component config...still have prefix options etc as stated above.

Are you editing the file config.smf.php manually, or going through your Joomla admin panel to the bridge component>Edit Config?

ShaneR

Editing through the admin panel in Joomla.

I registered a test account and posted and all seems well.  so...

Advertisement: