Can a global moderator have access to the 'forum profile' of a user?

Started by rcane, March 25, 2023, 03:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcane

I might have overlooked it, but can a global moderator have access to users' profile--to edit custom profile fields?

I can't seem to see it in the permissions for global moderator, unless I have to change the entire permission set for that member group?

Arantor

Custom fields are either editable by 'owner' or 'admin', there's no permission for it (never has been).

Changing this is distinctly non-trivial to change, last time I did this took a few days of full time work to rework the way data is loaded and saved.

rcane

Quote from: Arantor on March 25, 2023, 05:10:00 PMCustom fields are either editable by 'owner' or 'admin', there's no permission for it (never has been).

Changing this is distinctly non-trivial to change, last time I did this took a few days of full time work to rework the way data is loaded and saved.

Ok, a global moderator, by default SMF, can't access and edit a persons profile.

I ask because not all of the custom profile fields are set to admin only.

Arantor

-sigh- no, that's not what I said.

Viewing a profile in general is a permission for 'view own profile' and 'view any profile', and there's permissions for 'edit own profile' and 'edit any profile'.

Custom fields are separate to all of the above.

rcane

I understand.  I've never tried to let a global mod adjust those.  Thanks.

Advertisement: